Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 12-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #1
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 
Default Anyone tried these? Ebay item

Saw these today and thought they looked ok...price is about the same as most aftermarket replacements.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=400053636884

Note: I contacted the seller about the 'beam level moto' - without it, you can still adjust the beam manually as you normally would (or you can pay AU$100 extra to adjust it electronically).

Feedback seems ok, based in Melbourne but seems to source most parts from Asia (as you would expect).

They also have rear lights for Focus hatch owners...

Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2009, 03:46 PM   #2
sumpPUMP
SUMPA's sedan

mate has them and said his leaked water from rain and washing the car.
and his mate also had same problem. so they drilled hole in bottom to drain the water and duct taped the area at the top where they thought the water was gettin in.

so just watch out for that if your goin to get them...
Old 13-06-2009, 04:31 AM   #3
BlackLS
yum

I just installed these tonight, bought off RJO89:

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
abdulwahed88

i dont really trust these lights, some people i know have had problems
abdulwahed88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

How do you find the performance compared to the stockies?

There seems to be a fair few of these popping up on ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
I just installed these tonight, bought off RJO89:

Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles

Old 13-06-2009, 09:47 PM   #6
asizzy

They look really good on the car...but dont know about their workmanship or quality.
Old 14-06-2009, 03:34 AM   #7
BlackLS
yum

They are probably 98% as good as the standard lights in terms of beam output. Fitment are as good as standard, but on the back of the lights each light has its own cover instead of the clip in panel. The light beam adjustments are a bit so-so to actually adjust, but much easier to get the adjustment right. Standard lights have vertical, and diagonal!? adjustment, these are vertical and horizontal adjustment.

Lastly you'll need to wire up the lights to the plug if they are like the ones I got. I'm happy to meet up russ if you want a closer look.

Old 15-06-2009, 02:49 PM   #8
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
They are probably 98% as good as the standard lights in terms of beam output. Fitment are as good as standard, but on the back of the lights each light has its own cover instead of the clip in panel. The light beam adjustments are a bit so-so to actually adjust, but much easier to get the adjustment right. Standard lights have vertical, and diagonal!? adjustment, these are vertical and horizontal adjustment.

Lastly you'll need to wire up the lights to the plug if they are like the ones I got. I'm happy to meet up russ if you want a closer look.
Sounds good. Hard to know which ones to look at with a number of options available...would even consider the Zetec ones (new/secondhand) at the right price.

Would you say 98% as good with standard globes? What type of globes do the new ones take?

Old 15-06-2009, 05:14 PM   #9
RJO89
EuroFordClub

I would say the stock ones are a lot brighter initially, but once you buy decent globes for the angel eyes, they turn out just as well. The ones they supplied me with from Germany were the worst globes ever. Had almost no output whatsoever.

Russ, the new ones take the same globes as the old ones. H1's for main beams I believe.

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #10
BlackLS
yum

Correct h1

Old 15-06-2009, 09:46 PM   #11
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJO89
I would say the stock ones are a lot brighter initially, but once you buy decent globes for the angel eyes, they turn out just as well. The ones they supplied me with from Germany were the worst globes ever. Had almost no output whatsoever.

Russ, the new ones take the same globes as the old ones. H1's for main beams I believe.
Cheers. And the low beams? Bought some pretty decent H7's recently, would seem a waste to have to buy H4's/H7's/etc when I eventually buy aftermarket lights...

Old 18-06-2009, 04:25 AM   #12
abdulwahed88

okay lights but sometimes give problems
Old 18-06-2009, 04:26 AM   #13
abdulwahed88

they look mad on xr5z thou
Old 18-06-2009, 10:37 AM   #14
ch33z1l
Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumpPUMP
mate has them and said his leaked water from rain and washing the car.
Some silicone around the edges should prevent this from happening. Was the case with my aftermarket tail-lights.
ch33z1l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post