Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club > Orsm Build Thread

Orsm Build Thread Only for the ORSM Club Members and their rides

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-08-2007, 10:16 PM   #1
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Default And ORSMXR is created

Bought the car in June 2003 from Essendon Ford for $52000, the car came with leather interior,sunroof,18" wheels,scuff plates and XR Mats.

First mods had to be a custom cats back quad system from Professional Exhuast and a SS Cold Air Intake.

Next was to take out it out to the track and see what it would do down the black stuff, these were the pionerring days for the Boss V8's as they were fresh out the box. Last 2 runs of the night ran a 13.8 as it sits on the road, l can still remember Spoolman coming up and asking me if l had NOS as he was shocked at the time as it was so standard so went out and backed it up with a 13.9.

So next was to give the car a sleek look by dumping the car on it's guts with just 65mm ground clearence and taking the rear wing off also tinting the windows with 5% tint very dark..ahaha....

So now it's July 2004 and had my plenuem and coil pack covers painted Gold aswell as my calipers/rotors looked pretty smart.

Now came this thing called the EDIT the Panther (ORSMXR) was the second car to be flashed in Aus by Rob Herrod on his launch of the product, first impressions l was not happy with the gains, but after talking with Chris now known as Chris from Bluepower we started R&D with our cars everynight for the next l would say 3-4 months with great results. So the next chapter of ORSMXR Begins.

Chris and l would hit Calder/Heathcote alot in the coming months to be the quickest/fastest Boss powered cars on the streets/Track and as l would always race street trim and Bluepower on race trim times would vary alot till one day at the forums meet my best time would show it self. Both lined up side by side trying to syk each other out l ran a 13.1 and chris l think ran a 12.7 don't qoute me on it, this was the fastest the car went as l retired from racing the car after breaking 7 CV joints towing cost to much $$$$.

So after racing had finished more mods came along like FPV Guages,GT starter button,GT front bar and a Carbon fibre bonnet,bluepower CAI,under drives and a new tune with a total of 265rwkw.

So we we bought the car out of retirement chasing a 12 sec 1/4tr mile.
Went to Heathcote and as l can't launch the car only from idle we went 13.14 with a 1.9 60ft at 110 mph, we were always disapointed on not getting that elusive 12 as we new the car had it since Chris first started tuning the car but CV's just let us down.

Thats when ORSM Ford Cruisers was created but thats another story........

So these are just a few of my favorite pics.

Would like to Thank...

Terry....former owner Professional Exhuast.
Chris Bluepower for all his support Tuning and being my older BRO...Love you man.
Craig..Aussie Car Enhancements for my suspension needs.
Torque tyres and brakes for supplying tyres for the beast.

And my closest mates Leo and Theo for all their help when things got broke.

OH and Daboss for the cruisin back home from the BPR workshop.

Also a big thanks to Mick from the club as he thought of the plates ORSMXR so thanks mate as if you haddn't thought of these plates who knows we probably would have this fine car club that we have at this time.

Cheers Chris ((((ORSMXR)))))

Last edited by X ORSMXR; 28-08-2007 at 06:15 PM.
X ORSMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post