Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 07:56 PM   #31
Swaytan
Swaytan

Sorry if I've offended anyone with my posts, just can't take disrespect calmly...
Old 01-07-2006, 07:57 PM   #32
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammaboy
Oh, such cutting wit and originality.
I'm mortaly wounded.
That's rich coming from you.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:59 PM   #33
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Just another reason why people do not like purchasing the Fiesta and Focus - because it comes with this 'Ford' image.

Quite pathetic really that we can't have a civilised conversation.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 01-07-2006, 07:59 PM   #34
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFDream
popcorn anyone?
Still have some left?
Old 01-07-2006, 08:02 PM   #35
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Just another reason why people do not like purchasing the Fiesta and Focus - because it comes with this 'Ford' image.

Quite pathetic really that we can't have a civilised conversation.
Amen.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:04 PM   #36
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
because it comes with this 'Ford' image.
Whats the 'Ford' Image??
Old 01-07-2006, 08:06 PM   #37
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

I didn't realise civilised conversation required spouting drivel about how "My stereo is bigger than this other kid with a barina" or how "I outdragged someone's 8litre v10 with my ride on mower"
Old 01-07-2006, 08:06 PM   #38
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Hehe - Coming from a 2.0L though.... I love it when people as yourself (Gammaboy) think I drive a chicks car, only to see me take off and leave then behind, like the VY Auto SS with mods the other day. Got me only in 3rd gear! Haha, shock on his face.
I'm sure Gamma's circuit race set up XY with over 300rwkw would eat Fiesta dust.... :hihi:
Old 01-07-2006, 08:09 PM   #39
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I don't have a Fiesta anymore. Probably for this reason. I seem to like the Falcon for the looks, design and the fact there is an XR6T (pure Genius!) is awesome. Although, I do like the Falcons but find that Falcon owners like to disrespect other Ford owners. What gives? I thought the brand stood together? Guess not.

And sorry Gammaboy - but I do believe NO ONE was insulting you. Do you drive a Barina? I don't think so. So what was the problem then? Why did you get all involved and start naming Fiesta drivers?

I guess sometimes when you purchase bigger cars, your brain capacity gets smaller instead. Go figure

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 01-07-2006, 08:13 PM   #40
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
I didn't realise civilised conversation required spouting drivel about how "My stereo is bigger than this other kid with a barina" or how "I outdragged someone's 8litre v10 with my ride on mower"
Dude, look at the new model barina, compared to the new model Fiesta. Purely from an engineering standpoint, for that class of car there is no comparison. The holden looks like a poorly constructed piece of korean ****e.

Nobody here would argue that a Ford Fiesta could outdrag an 8litre v10. But an 8litre v10 is not really realistic for the average joe. My Fiesta is my work car also, not just my personal car. I couldn't imagine what my fuel bill would be if I did my usuall 800klms a week in an 8litre v10.

Having a car of those specs wouldn't suit my lifestyle, pure & simple.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:24 PM   #41
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
And sorry Gammaboy - but I do believe NO ONE was insulting you. Do you drive a Barina? I don't think so. So what was the problem then? Why did you get all involved and start naming Fiesta drivers?

I guess sometimes when you purchase bigger cars, your brain capacity gets smaller instead. Go figure
Ahhh.. nothing like the smell of pointless attempts rationalisation. SO you're saying you're dumber as a result of stepping up to a larger vehicle yourself? Nice one tiger.

The behaviour displayed by the original poster insulted me as a ford owner, simply put. I'm sure it made you feel big and stuff at the time, but did you really have to share it with everyone? This sort of NNNN makes me cringe.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:25 PM   #42
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Ahhh.. nothing like the smell of pointless attempts rationalisation. SO you're saying you're dumber as a result of stepping up to a larger vehicle yourself? Nice one tiger.

The behaviour displayed by the original poster insulted me as a ford owner, simply put. I'm sure it made you feel big and stuff at the time, but did you really have to share it with everyone? This sort of NNNN makes me cringe.
*Hands you a tissue*

http://www.bugatti-cars.de/bugatti/index.html
Old 01-07-2006, 08:27 PM   #43
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
SO you're saying you're dumber as a result of stepping up to a larger vehicle yourself? Nice one tiger.
In every exterior dimension, the car I'm in is SMALLER then the Fiesta.

I do believe he didn't share it with EVERYONE. This isn't the pub, is it? This is the Fiesta/Ka section.

Old 01-07-2006, 08:27 PM   #44
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dude, you had to expect this with that first post... Not the most mature display

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
Old 01-07-2006, 08:27 PM   #45
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
I'm sure Gamma's circuit race set up XY with over 300rwkw would eat Fiesta dust.... :hihi:
People still drive those??? :
Old 01-07-2006, 08:29 PM   #46
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmont1998
Dude, you had to expect this with that first post... Not the most mature display
Just pointing out the craptitude of the Barina, nothing more...
Old 01-07-2006, 08:34 PM   #47
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

This has gone to crap.. END

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Closed Thread