Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 29-08-2006, 12:46 PM   #31
Sonia

I have a WP and I love it ! I had the option to upgrade to a WQ, but I'm not a fan of the interior so I chose to stay with my baby
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 12:47 PM   #32
JD2004

good choice!! the WP rocks

Feeling stressed?? give this a try http://dpp.thefunlist.com/bubblewrap.htm

ahh much better
Old 29-08-2006, 12:52 PM   #33
Sonia

LOL @ Manic Mode !
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 01:31 PM   #34
crispymk2

I really dont like the headlights on the WQ, the Wp ones are much nicer. The WQ's interior is better tho imo, the dials are cooler and the materials arnt' quite as cheap looking. But those rear fog lights on the WQ look shocking, the WP ones are miles better

my 2 cents
Old 29-08-2006, 01:48 PM   #35
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
ABS was optional on the LX, with the automatics i think?

Steffo what is your source on the suspension info? As far as I know they were all identical, the ride between each was the same and it didn't look lowered at all.
The guys at Ford told me so when I bought the car. I also had it parked next to a WP LX on hubcap/steelies with my 16s on it, and it was visibly lower. If you ducked down to look straight at/over the roofline of the LX, my car was hidden from view except the antenna, of course.

Hardware wise, they're all identical though. And as Teki said, ABS was available on the auto LX.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 02:21 PM   #36
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
What the ****?
"Thread closed" or "/thread" is used when someone nailed the thread-starter's question on the head... resulting in no further confusion and/or discussion.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 02:55 PM   #37
crispymk2

...obviously room for more discussion then because there is certainly still confusion...

Most of the problem is caused by dealers talking up the specs of the Zetec's etc over the LX to try and squeeze more money out of buyers.

All I know is that the Zetec's are firm and handle like crazy, dunno if they are different to LX or not but this is sposed to be about WQ's vs WP's...
Old 29-08-2006, 06:50 PM   #38
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispymk2
Most of the problem is caused by dealers talking up the specs of the Zetec's etc over the LX to try and squeeze more money out of buyers.
Worked on me.
Old 29-08-2006, 09:42 PM   #39
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I've been told the WP models shared suspension components - NOTHING was different. I don't care what the dealers said when you/I purchased the car... half of them don't have a clue anyway! Read the Ford website when the WP was out, and check all the articles - NOTHING mentioned about the different suspension.

I'm under the impression that the car 'feels' different as the profile of the tyres was slightly different.

In the WQ though, different story - Ford market the Zetec as having 'sports tuned suspension'. Nothing like that was mentioned about the WP Zetec...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 10:06 PM   #40
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Personally I prefer the WQ, much better interior, soft touch dash material, far nicer looking air vents - (dont like the WP's "honeycomb" ones), better looking upholstery, I also happen to like the bulgy headlights,.......in general the WQ just seems to be of a slightly better overall quality than the WP (as "should" be expected with any model upgrade)......everything is just that touch "better"..........all except the gearbox!!, I think Ford make a stuff up with the Zetec gearing on the WQ, far too short, makes it rev too hard, dont mind so much if it's only 1st to 4th but to keep going and make the 5th too short as well is just plain crazy, would much rather have seen the Zetec rev lower at highway speeds, 3500rpm@110kph is too much when other cars in this class run at around 2700 - 3000rpm at the same speed......just my main gripe with the car.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 11:59 PM   #41
timmyTTjr
Come On Arsenal

I love the WQ styling. The front and rear lights are sweet! really different and interesting, but at the same time they are not so ridiculous that they look out of place. In my opinion: perfection!

Adding to my point about the lights, the comments I get from mates and friends are how good the lights look (both front a rear), so I guess that has to count for something...
timmyTTjr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2006, 12:27 AM   #42
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

With the WQ, the only thing I'm not a fan of; those UGLY rear round reflectors on the bumper! Like, what the?! Round reflectors on a squared shape doesn't work IMO. Hence, the rear bumper on the WP looks much better to me.

The front buldge in the headlight is growing on me - A little undecided about that

Apart from that - WQ all the way!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 30-08-2006, 08:33 AM   #43
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
With the WQ, the only thing I'm not a fan of; those UGLY rear round reflectors on the bumper! Like, what the?! Round reflectors on a squared shape doesn't work IMO. Hence, the rear bumper on the WP looks much better to me.
Agreed.....I would have preferred it had Ford carried over the rear reflectors from the WP and used them again on the WQ instead of the round ones, in saying that it really is a very minor issue though imo.
Old 30-08-2006, 10:10 AM   #44
photn
AFF Post NAZI

im biased as many here are,..... i love my WP as it looks the shnizzel....but ppl that own the WQ will always love the WQ as its there car... and im not sure that many ppl have has both....only sway from what i can tell. any way...i do admit that i wish i had the WQ's cd player and also dash rather than the hard to see one on the WP but id much rather the exterior and seats of the WP than the WQ....my3 cence

WP ALL THE WAY!!!

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2006, 10:56 AM   #45
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I actually like both models in different ways.

WQ
I love the interior, dash, cluster, front lights, bump stripes, the fact the Zetec is now more sporty (tranny and wheels). Choice of colours. The whole front of the car looks mean with the bigger chunkier grilles.

I dont rate the rear bumper with round reflectors, rear lights,

WP

I love that aquarious was available, i think its the best colour. But over all i wouldnt trade it in for anything else at the moment.

I would like to point out that i would much prefer the WQ ST than the WP ST. I think it looks more classy and phat and aggressive
Old 30-08-2006, 11:02 AM   #46
JD2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
I love that aquarious was available, i think its the best colour. But over all i wouldnt trade it in for anything else at the moment.
Yeah it was available for a short time!! damnit i would have given anything for that colour!! grr.. ahwell we cant have everything!! Moondust silver will have to do for the moment!
Old 30-08-2006, 11:12 AM   #47
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Lucky we didnt get the Yellow colour that has been adopted in Italy. It looks like Pi$$.
Old 30-08-2006, 06:54 PM   #48
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Lucky we didnt get the Yellow colour that has been adopted in Italy. It looks like Pi$$.
What about this Green that they get in the US........I actually think I like it, minus the black bumpers of course!!

Old 30-08-2006, 07:15 PM   #49
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I didn't think the US got the fiesta. Isn't on the Ford us site
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2006, 01:09 AM   #50
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

He probably meant UK...

Old 31-08-2006, 08:15 AM   #51
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
I didn't think the US got the fiesta. Isn't on the Ford us site
Yea, sorry.....but I'm confused, I think www.thecarlounge.net is an American site but page I got the pic from is regarding the release of the new 2006 Fiesta and Fusion range in Europe,

http://forums.thecarlounge.net/zerothread?id=2186850
Old 31-08-2006, 03:53 PM   #52
Fled74
The Thread Killa

The WQ styling looks good. The only things I'd change would be the bulgy headlights and the round rear reflectors (kinda looks like a Nissan X-Trail from the back).

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post