Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 07-07-2006, 12:52 AM   #31
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
let me re phrase what i meant, no one drives it out campbelltown way/my way. sory lol, forget i live in moddle of no ware
Check out Macathur Square carpark on a Saturday, or the Catholic Club carpark of a Sat night. The swifts outnumber Fiestas 2-1. I can see why as well, its very BMW Mini-Cooper in its styling, and side by side it looks better than the Fez in my opinion.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 01:27 AM   #32
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

The Colt Turbo looks very much like a mini MPV on steriods.

Haha nice one BlackLS! However I'd like to disagree with the styling. Fiesta LX vs Swift... I agree the Swift looks slightly better, however Zetec vs Swift S or ST vs GTI the Fiesta wins hands down

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 02:29 PM   #33
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
. but im a serious ford supporter
i really only will buy a ford.
Sounds like someone needs to broaden their horizons a bit!

Up until recently that would have meant you were driving a Festiva (made by Kia BTW) or a Ka if you wanted a small Ford.....

No brand loylaty here- I buy whatever's best for me.

BTW I don't think the Swift Sport will quite get there in the handling department, but who knows?
Old 07-07-2006, 05:19 PM   #34
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In the defence of Ford up until recently petrol cost 70c a litre and the market for small car wasn't big
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 06:08 PM   #35
goop

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcod

Up until recently that would have meant you were driving a Festiva (made by Kia BTW) or a Ka if you wanted a small Ford.....

No brand loylaty here- I buy whatever's best for me.
Bingo bango, i agree : That said, this is my second ford in a row.
goop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 06:13 PM   #36
Swaytan
Swaytan

Seen the new Volkswagen Golf R32? It's essentially a Golf GTi but with a V6 in it...
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 07:16 PM   #37
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcod
what with ppl having personal attacks on other people's personal beliefs, i respect other people opinions and what they have to say, i dont like arguing. and i do take into account that what you said my not have been intended as a personal attack saying that i need to look at other cars. my postition is this, every one in my family both sides are all HOLDEN, i an the only one that drives a ford. my dad has a ford company car not by choice, and i dont belive that its anyone elses rights to tell me what motor company i should buy a car from, if some one says they love ford and they will only buy a car from ford, then who is anyone to tell them otherwise. i already get flak from everyone else in the family and i did least expect it to come from this forum. i do appologize if i offend anyone or come on to strong,and im willing to leave it at that. i dont want to turn this thread into a motowrex thread. that is all i have to say.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 07:18 PM   #38
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Check out Macathur Square carpark on a Saturday, or the Catholic Club carpark of a Sat night. The swifts outnumber Fiestas 2-1. I can see why as well, its very BMW Mini-Cooper in its styling, and side by side it looks better than the Fez in my opinion.
see there is the problem lol, i only travel from Werombi(warragamba way) to campbelltown st at 7, and the reverse at 6, i go no ware near those places, but thank you for the heads up, now i know, thanks for the info.

Old 07-07-2006, 07:47 PM   #39
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Photn - chill. I don't think anyone was having a personal attack. Murcod was purely stating that your devotion to Ford might mean that 'if' the Ford cars get worse... you will continue purchasing them (like in the past - what if Ford like Holden, look to Korea?)

I purchase basically what is the best car, for me. As such, in my opinion the best small car is the Fiesta. Hence why I purchased one. Unfortunately Ford do not have a small Hot Hatch, so I had to look elsewhere. I'm still on this forum however, as hopefully in the future years I will purchase a bigger Hot Hatch, the Ford Focus XR5T which is the the current (big) Hot Hatch king (I'm not letting the Clio down just yet!). If I was after a small/mid sized Hatch (not a Hot one) I'd look at the new Fiat Punto Sport (I just checked one out today!) instead of the normal Focus models.

But if I was after a Mid Sized Sedan, the Accord Euro would be my pic.

Basically I don't stick to one brand. I buy what is the best value for money, and what suits me best. As such, not every Ford suits me

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 07-07-2006, 07:48 PM   #40
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
what with ppl having personal attacks on other people's personal beliefs, i respect other people opinions and what they have to say, i dont like arguing. and i do take into account that what you said my not have been intended as a personal attack saying that i need to look at other cars. my postition is this, every one in my family both sides are all HOLDEN, i an the only one that drives a ford. my dad has a ford company car not by choice, and i dont belive that its anyone elses rights to tell me what motor company i should buy a car from, if some one says they love ford and they will only buy a car from ford, then who is anyone to tell them otherwise. i already get flak from everyone else in the family and i did least expect it to come from this forum. i do appologize if i offend anyone or come on to strong,and im willing to leave it at that. i dont want to turn this thread into a motowrex thread. that is all i have to say.
From what you've said here, I can completely sympathise with what you've said. When you get "brand loyal" it doesn't matter what anybody says, you just like you're brand, which in this case is Ford.

It's not just like that with cars, it's with pretty much anything. I myself buy Sony. Not Sony car audio, but Sony TVs, DVD players etc. I realise that Sony is no where near the apogee in this area, but I've always been 100% happy with Sony equipment.

I too am "brand loyal" to Ford now. But this is not because of me having a history with Ford, it's because Ford was the only car company that treated me with the appropriate level of respect & gave me the service I wanted.

When I looked at my first new car, I looked at Ford, Honda, Holden, Mazda, Hyundai, Suzuki, Toyota & Nissan. Honda, Hyundai & Suzuki salesmen near tackled me & thrusted a contract into my face when I walked onto their car lots. Whilst Holden, Mazda, Toyota & Nissan didn't even look twice at me (maybe blame the tattoos & piercings?)

I love my Fiesta & don't really care if a new Swift would flog it. I think the Swift look like dog balls.

I LOVE the current Volkswagen Golf GTi & new Golf R32, can't afford one, but love em. But for the moment, my Panther Black Ford Fiesta Zetec is the business.

At the end of the day, drive whatever car you like, you are the only person you need to make happy. :dj:
Old 07-07-2006, 07:52 PM   #41
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaytan
When I looked at my first new car, I looked at Ford, Honda, Holden, Mazda, Hyundai, Suzuki, Toyota & Nissan. Honda, Hyundai & Suzuki salesmen near tackled me & thrusted a contract into my face when I walked onto their car lots. Whilst Holden, Mazda, Toyota & Nissan didn't even look twice at me (maybe blame the tattoos & piercings?)
So you went to EVERY dealer in Sydney to come to that conclusion?

I checked out every Renault Dealer (There aren't many) and some were great and treated me with respect, and others thought it was a joke that an 18yo was spending such $$.

Basically - you can only really say that about DEALERS. The brand didn't snob you... I purchased the Fiesta because I wanted it. Although some dealers were treating me like crap, I was determined to get it!

Old 07-07-2006, 07:53 PM   #42
photn
AFF Post NAZI

see to me thats understandable and feasably, it is the smartest thing to do, i dont mind what you said, i just dont like it when(if) ppl tell me what brand to like, i wont simply just buy the newest ford even if it seems crap, i buy the last wellknow ford small to mid hatch. if the next fezz turns out to be a bummer then ill buy the XR5T, unless the XR4 is out. thats just my view. i respect all your opinions and beliefs, i just want myne to be respected as well(if there not)

Old 07-07-2006, 08:04 PM   #43
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
So you went to EVERY dealer in Sydney to come to that conclusion?

I checked out every Renault Dealer (There aren't many) and some were great and treated me with respect, and others thought it was a joke that an 18yo was spending such $$.

Basically - you can only really say that about DEALERS. The brand didn't snob you... I purchased the Fiesta because I wanted it. Although some dealers were treating me like crap, I was determined to get it!
Ha, no didn't go to EVERY dealer, but my feet and knees at the end of the days I was looking felt like I had!

When it came to Holden, I was looking at the Barina SRi, for 20 minutes. Nobody even glanced at me. Even when I walked into the main showroom and started going through every compartment of the new Monaro, no one looked at me. This is nobody's fault but Holden. If they had better salesmen at that dealership, I could possibly be drive a Barina or Astra now.

I also thought to myself, "if you buy a car from a dealership that isn't easy to buy from, what's it going to be like if you have issues with the car?".

You are right, it's not the fault of the brand, it is the dealership, but that's not my concern.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:05 PM   #44
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
see to me thats understandable and feasably, it is the smartest thing to do, i dont mind what you said, i just dont like it when(if) ppl tell me what brand to like, i wont simply just buy the newest ford even if it seems crap, i buy the last wellknow ford small to mid hatch. if the next fezz turns out to be a bummer then ill buy the XR5T, unless the XR4 is out. thats just my view. i respect all your opinions and beliefs, i just want myne to be respected as well(if there not)
No dude, you opinion is noted & just as valued any anybody here! :
Old 07-07-2006, 08:17 PM   #45
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaytan
Seen the new Volkswagen Golf R32? It's essentially a Golf GTi but with a V6 in it...
Funny....I was just looking at one today at the tyre shop, had to take the car in to get an alignment after getting King Springs installed yesterday, the R32 was black, looked terrific.....but as you say Sway just a few too many dollars required.....I cant afford one either........"damn!!"
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 08:36 PM   #46
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Suzuki Japan Website, I cant read Japanese but if ya like me and just click the links down the left hand edge of the page it will open up more info on the car, some in English.

http://www.suzuki.co.jp/dom4/lineup/swiftsport/
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 09:08 PM   #47
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
what with ppl having personal attacks on other people's personal beliefs, i respect other people opinions and what they have to say, i dont like arguing. and i do take into account that what you said my not have been intended as a personal attack saying that i need to look at other cars.
RELAX! It wasn't a personal attack....

I see people all the time who keep buying (for example) "Commodores", because that's all they've ever bought. It doesn't matter how many things go wrong with each model, or how much they spend fixing faults all the time, they'll still go and buy another "Commodore" again next time without even looking at what else is out there!? : It wouldn't matter if the thing fell to bits in the gutter they'd just tape it back together and push it, because "Commodores" are the best.....

Don't let "brand loyalty" stop you from investigating other options!
Old 08-07-2006, 12:47 AM   #48
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exactly on the point of brand loyalty. My parents have driven only Fords their entire lives (save the Datsun!) and it's starting to rub off on me, however, once my car is paid off and I have a decent sum in the bank I'll look elsewhere. The car I want isn't going to "bang for your buck" nor "best car of year ..etc.." it's something that I've always wanted and dreamed about during high school. (: