Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-12-2017, 09:04 PM   #1
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU with Tiptronic? Tickford did it, but can we?

I'm looking at doing a Barra swap to an AU in the near future. Getting it running sweet and code free is not a problem, but I *really* want to use the tiptronic BA shifter, because I have one in the same donor car.

The T-series autos had shift buttons on the steering wheel, so some version of the AU can do it, but can it be fitted to other vehicles?

Thanks
Ben
Old 27-12-2017, 11:49 PM   #2
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 
Default Re: AU with Tiptronic? Tickford did it, but can we?

Was heavily looked in to at the infancy of this forum.
Memory recalls you need to change the S5 solenoid, which is neither easy or cheap.

{EDIT}
Here is the thread for it. No solenoid change, but it is light on details
https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=29346

Last edited by superroo; 28-12-2017 at 12:01 AM.
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-12-2017, 12:01 AM   #3
snap0964
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=7564
snap0964 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2017, 12:03 AM   #4
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

S5 controls the line pressure during shifts, it's the one that's adjustable in the AU onwards instead of doing the electronic mod.

I've been (very recently) advised that it's a valve body issue, and the only valve body *known* to fit that works with the tipronic is the TE50 one.

I have a BA trans here, which is clearly compatible with tiptronic, but likely incompatible with having so many forwards gear positions. Hopefully I can swap the valve body over, or otherwise blend the two gearboxes
Old 04-01-2018, 10:29 PM   #5
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

BA trans is the Ion version of the BTR - essentially the same box.

If you use the AU box, you need the valve body replaced as previously posted - I fitted the SSS shifter to my AU wagon, and would end up with a box full of neutral for the 1-2 shift (I think) under load; if I took it easy, it shifted manually fine, but it's wasted when you end up with neutral when giving it some.
Mods: Tune, ShockWorks and GT335 replicas in 19 x 8.5 & 9.5 35p offset with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, FG 19” Lux packs with 245/35/19 Toyo and Pirelli tyres, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: