Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-10-2007, 04:56 PM   #151
The Monty
Just slidin'

Was just back on thier site, they do say partial kits are available, so thats awesome.
Just as a guide, for custom tuning, I was quoted around $1000 as a safe target, including if they have to fiddle with things under bonnet from a place (very well respected) up here in Brisbane for a turbo install, so considering this should be a lot easier to tune (no boost spiking probs etc), it should cost a little less, but budgeting for that $1000 mark, you would safely do it.
Old 28-10-2007, 06:01 PM   #152
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death351
Tim has mentioned Chiptorque previously so I imagine they might be involved.
Pretty much what I thought as they include a Chiptorque Xflash with the BA kit. Would have probably ruled it out for me if I was hanging out for it. My car's computers go all autistic when I plug my current chip into the J3 port & no-one can say definitely if it's the chip, the ECU or the wiring loom.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2007, 06:19 PM   #153
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

If Chiptorque is an issue, for anyone, omit it and do get flash tuner - ACE/Bluepower, KPM, RDP etc have done some good deals recently.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2007, 06:57 PM   #154
rish
SUPERCHARGED FORTE

I have a 11 pound powerdyne blower on my AU. 9 pound Powerdyne 260 - 280 rwk no chance, I have every mod, ba forged pistons, cam, shift kit, the list goes on.
rish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2007, 07:28 PM   #155
sly
Sly like a G6

Not paying attention... FWKW not RWKW... and it's NOT a Powerdyne
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 28-10-2007, 07:28 PM   #156
The Monty
Just slidin'

I think its 260-280 kw at the engine, equates to aroun 190-210 rwkw.
Old 28-10-2007, 07:53 PM   #157
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

will definately be fly wheel kw....

the good thing about this kit.. as has been mentioned.. is the sheer ease it will have in bolting it on... and then unbolting it.... which is why i was origially looking at this kit.. so i could bolt it on... run it for a while.. then simply unbolt when i went to sell the car...
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2007, 10:43 PM   #158
Addz
Starter Motor

What does the kit include?
Addz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2007, 11:10 PM   #159
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addz
What does the kit include?
Check out post #137 on page 6 of this thread.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 28-10-2007, 11:12 PM   #160
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death351
If Chiptorque is an issue, for anyone, omit it and do get flash tuner - ACE/Bluepower, KPM, RDP etc have done some good deals recently.
All hundreds of km's from me LOL. Just waiting patiently for the Sniper system to be released for AU's, will be all good then.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 28-10-2007, 11:35 PM   #161
ayeyew
Teh Baest

I may be back on this bandwagon, seeing as my plans for a turbo install came in at 13-14k (just too much at the moment).

Be interesting to see the developments in the next few weeks..

I may scrap my plans for an audio install and go with the sc. 190-200rwkW is decent enough for everyday driving.

Interesting to see how much bigger the other blower is..

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )

Last edited by ayeyew; 28-10-2007 at 11:43 PM.
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 12:30 PM   #162
sly
Sly like a G6

Have had some more emails back & forth, mostly trying to help one of his customers find a workshop in Newy to fit a kit to her Commodore... he will be doing flash boxes and will load a generic tune for customers who already have one.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 20-11-2007, 10:36 AM   #163
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

A bit of an update guys.

An AU VCT (auto) with headers + exhaust has been fitted with the kit. The only upgrade was the injectors to XR6T types (included now in the kit), the rest of the fuel system is stock.

After dyno tuning, the end result was 197rwkW with 500Nm torque up from 127rwkW which is almost a 50% gain at 9PSI. They felt the headers were ok, but the exhaust was restrictive, a 3" would be more suited to this application. Further gains again would be achieved through intercooling and more boost (as you'd expect.)

For the skeptics, I am after a dyno sheet, but since the sheets also give rise the skepticism, perhaps if you're interested you should get in touch with these guys yourselves.

If it hasn't become apparent from the various posts on this thread, the kit is from Raptor.
Old 20-11-2007, 11:11 AM   #164
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you say after dyno tuning? what engine management system was used?

and what is the price of the kit? have they added that to their site yet?
Old 20-11-2007, 11:16 AM   #165
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Standard flash tuning was used, ie, your CAPA/Bluerpower/Herrod/BPT/etc box.

The original estimate was around the mid 3K mark, but that did not originally factor in the injectors or any additional cost of a flash tuner if you need one. If you want definitive price, get in touch with Raptor because I can't provide that.
Old 20-11-2007, 11:19 AM   #166
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'd also heard the XR6T injectors aren't too suited do the sohc head.. they work.. but not as well as they work on the dohc head...

still... a good out of the box set up i think... for those wanting to bolt on power
Old 20-11-2007, 03:16 PM   #167
The Monty
Just slidin'

They use XR6T injectors on the Saloon cars.
I soo want this kit, but want to push the boundaries NA first. If I had a big cam and slightly ported head, would this work against the Supercharger, or would it not make much of a difference.
For that price though, its tempting to ditch NA again (tried the turbs route, got bored after spending $4000 on parts and still needing another $4000 worth), and I already have the flash tuner, and XR6T injectors plus the 3 inch exhaust, hmmm, tempting.

Just a quick question, I havent actually heard a i6 that was supercharged with this type of charger, do they make a sound, like the turbo has the spool up sound, and whipple/yt/KB chargers have a huge whine, do these have a ditinguishable sound to them?
Old 20-11-2007, 03:29 PM   #168
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
They use XR6T injectors on the Saloon cars.
I soo want this kit, but want to push the boundaries NA first. If I had a big cam and slightly ported head, would this work against the Supercharger, or would it not make much of a difference.
For that price though, its tempting to ditch NA again (tried the turbs route, got bored after spending $4000 on parts and still needing another $4000 worth), and I already have the flash tuner, and XR6T injectors plus the 3 inch exhaust, hmmm, tempting.

Just a quick question, I havent actually heard a i6 that was supercharged with this type of charger, do they make a sound, like the turbo has the spool up sound, and whipple/yt/KB chargers have a huge whine, do these have a ditinguishable sound to them?
If it was up to me, I wouldnt use XR6T injectors.. Ford Motorsport Ev2 Green top 42lb(440cc) injectors and a Walbro 255L/hr pump can be had for $500. I think thats a better option for fuel system.
The ported head and big cam will work in your favour with a supercharger - Provided you have a good tuner.
Raptors also have a whine like a Vortech would. You will know its blown lol.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 06:06 PM   #169
ayeyew
Teh Baest

I am still bloody tempted.. But not decided yet.. Plans for my audio install have been put on hold, so i mean $5k for a kit, including a tune is pretty sweet seeing as i was looking at around $2k for a cam + tune anyway!

Might be going on a road trip with the mrs too.. If it does get done, hope she doesn't notice the whine too much, i'll just say it's a new air filter, lol

I e-mailed Tom Staier from Raptor not too long ago. Here's what he said:

Have been following the AU 4.0L SC kit for quite sometime now and am just wondering what kind of monetary figure you will be looking at for a full kit? Looking at $4995 for first few kits

Do you guys supply a tune to accompany the SC kit? Yes, it will be a flash tuner

Is it watercooled?No, charger is aircooled

Will you guys ship the SC to other states? Absolutely

I understand the Raptor V has a flow of 750cfm, what type of flow is the Raptor V hybrid looking at? 950cfm

Further questions welcome

Currently:
Old 20-11-2007, 06:21 PM   #170
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Do SC's have that "whoooosh" sound like turbos? Cuz i sure as hell dont want that, LoL

Currently:
Old 20-11-2007, 06:54 PM   #171
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayeyew
Do SC's have that "whoooosh" sound like turbos? Cuz i sure as hell dont want that, LoL
What do you mean 'whoosh' as in blow off valve? Then its dependent on what and if you use a bov. If its in regards to the flutter/chopping noise then I am not sure if superchargers also have that problem
Old 20-11-2007, 07:09 PM   #172
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Yeah, i meant the blow off valve

Is a BOV essential to a SC setup? Would i notice any difference (performance wise) without one?

If it is essential, can the noise be reduced?

btw Duffman "Looks Like that grass needs some H2O, Oooooh Yeah"

Currently:
Old 20-11-2007, 07:52 PM   #173
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

plumb it back into the air intake (before the s/c or turbo) keeps it quiet
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2007, 08:05 PM   #174
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i will need a bov i beleive.. and as mentioned above.. just use a plum back.. and you don't get the noise... atmo bovs are illegal anywayz to my knowledge.. i could be wrong...
Old 20-11-2007, 11:05 PM   #175
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eu-GenixX
i will need a bov i beleive.. and as mentioned above.. just use a plum back.. and you don't get the noise... atmo bovs are illegal anywayz to my knowledge.. i could be wrong...

No, your correct.
Old 21-11-2007, 12:04 AM   #176
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eu-GenixX
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
No, your correct.
Not necessarily. I covered this is post #103 of this thread, wherein I quoted the engineering signatory I've been speaking to about my force-feeding project. He said:
Quote:
If the engine runs a mass air flow sensor (MAF sensor), you cannot dump air to atmosphere because the EFI system will supply fuel to go with that air and go way rich every time the BOV (bypass valve) actuates.

If the engine does not use a MAF sensor, it's a manifold air pressure/ manifold air temperature (MAP/MAT) sensor engine and the atmospheric BOV won't affect emissions. I've certified a few vehicles with atmospheric BOVs.

So on the AU V8 which uses a MAF sensor, you can't vent to atmosphere for emissions reasons, but on the I6 which has a TMAP instead of a MAF, you can.

OTOH atmo BOV's introduce noise issues and a car with one may not pass an EPA noise test. But BOV's come in a range of noise levels as well, so a quiet one in conjunction with a quiet exhaust may be perfectly legal.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 22-11-2007, 09:00 AM   #177
stiddy
Banned

I was under the impression that reguardless of noise levels that you cant vent to atmosphere because of emissions. Well I guess that comes down to dont always believe what you hear.

As for the Bov, we are talking about putting this onto an I6, and it would be a wise move to have atleast a plumback. Snaping the throttle shut at full tilt and having a rush of air go back into the charger is not a pleasant sound and a good way of pre-maturely damaging it. I would strongly suggest you have one.
Plus a atmo bov on a supercharger sounds nothing like one on a turbo. It's better lol.
Old 22-11-2007, 07:06 PM   #178
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Would running this SC, or an SC in general on completely stock internals (i.e., no forged pistons or rods etc..) be a wise move?

Currently:
Old 22-11-2007, 07:30 PM   #179
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayeyew
Would running this SC, or an SC in general on completely stock internals (i.e., no forged pistons or rods etc..) be a wise move?
Yep it would be okay, if you chose to run more boost, than it is adviseable to pay attention to the internals
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 08:56 PM   #180
The Monty
Just slidin'

The AU bottom end is a pretty good piece of work. They can and have taken up to 350 - 400 hp, quite comfortably in the past, with nothing more then a freshen up.