Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-06-2008, 11:39 AM   #1
Trentaaa

Default lowering

hey guys just wondring i ve got a 1999 series 1 au falcon and ive put pedders super lows all round apparently io cant go any lower but i want the rear to sit lower.....i was told if i went ne lower the bump stops would hit and possibly the tailshaft.....is it possible to do nething to get it lkower?? i thought about shaving the bump stop downb and cutting my springs cause apparentlky according to pedderz i have the lowest spring available already....but i dont want2 have a ride....is it because i have a solid rear ebnd ior what?? newayz just want2 see if u guys had ne ideas thanx......

Trentaaa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2008, 12:08 PM   #2
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

If I'm deciphering your sms speak and typos correctly, you want to lower the rear a bit more?

You might try cutting half a coil off your rear springs.

No doubt you'd want to find out the legality of such a modification but that will certainly lower the rear a bit.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2008, 12:30 PM   #3
HLC
Audi S3

are you drunk or just a bad typer?

ANYWAY, cutting springs is illegal and not ideal. you can trim the bumpstops around. if you want lower, King Springs make a SSL or Super Super low spring, also known as Ultra lows.

OR you can get your rear springs compressed to be lower.

those are your options available
Old 28-06-2008, 01:45 PM   #4
Abacus
Life's a Gas

According to Kings the SSLs aren't street legal. They say they are for "exhibition" cars.

I know people stick them on anyway, but it sounds like a good way to either get your car defected, or have the insurance company bail if you need them.

Pretty sure the same legal problems would arise from having SLs compressed.

Besides which, imagine how bad the ride would be.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2008, 06:16 PM   #5
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

are SL's legal?
Old 28-06-2008, 06:40 PM   #6
nashy297
Jimmy

iv got ssl in mine and no bumps stops and it still rides good an its above the 100mm limit dont know if thats only vic or what but im goin to get my ssl compressed still any way
nashy297 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2008, 07:29 PM   #7
Trentaaa

lol nah i wasnt drunk i was at work and using the work laptop trying to hide in the corner of the workshop incase my boss saw me!!...ummm thanx for the responses!!...ive put already tried cutting the rear super lows in mine and it hits the bump stop and the tailshaft scrapes sometimes on the floorpan....soo.....i bought another set of super lows in uncut lol.....but now im thinking of putting the cut ones back in and taking the bump stop out but i dont want the tailshaft hitting i dunno what to do.....i wish mine had IRS i think it would sit lower.....is there musch involved in converting??...how many of u guys have lowered IRS's and lowered solid rear end??...cause i think theres a major difference in ride height cause mine wont go no lower no room with the bumpstop there...newayz let us know
Trentaaa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post