Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 25-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #1
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 
Default Kenne Bell 2.8LC

Quote:
Tex: Every day, every day of the week I drive this car. And so far nearly two weeks in, it's still delivering smiles, joy, hahahahaha, how gay, I mean, FEAR, if I so wish.....

Just punting around with 2000rpm gear changes, is so easy, cruising at 1400....... love it. It does it discretely, without fuss. Just a little louder.

The three days of rain was not an issue for the car. Not an issue for me.

Not sure what a bloke could ask for, a bloke like me, and not have this engine ticking every single box.

I will say this, it's my ultimate package.
That's my take on driving a 600rwhp Boss.

There's no doubt, no disputing the Kenne Bell package delivers. No reason you can't have your cake and eat it to.

2.8LC FTW.

Thanks boys

texas

Link http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11310882

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Default Re: Kenne Bell 2.8LC

not only the 2.8LC that delivers smiles Tex but every product that comes from kenne bell is top notch

Blue Power Racing Developments
(03) 93053000
Ray Prescott Auto
(02) 49902488
JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #3
IXR08

good work tex, your one of the lucky few that have the 2.8LC...
Hope they become more available with the hype of the 5.0's
IXR08 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 11:01 AM   #4
Theo@BluePower
Bluepower
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXR08
Hope they become more available with the hype of the 5.0's
The Problem is its all HYPE with the 5.0 .. the 5.4 boss will have it over the 5.0 in every way.. except in weight
03 9305 3000

Theo@BluePower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #5
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo@BluePower
The Problem is its all HYPE with the 5.0 .. the 5.4 boss will have it over the 5.0 in every way.. except in weight
Only time will tell if the 5.0 engine is all Hype. But judging how well the new 5.0 has been responding to force induction and the track times they are running with basically stock engines in the lighter mustang body, the Hype is here to stay.
futura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #6
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura
Only time will tell if the 5.0 engine is all Hype. But judging how well the new 5.0 has been responding to force induction and the track times they are running with basically stock engines in the lighter mustang body, the Hype is here to stay.
And FPV are yet to switch on the electronic gizmo's too.

But Tex, its awesome.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #7
bigbretty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
That's my take on driving a 600rwhp Boss.

There's no doubt, no disputing the Kenne Bell package delivers. No reason you can't have your cake and eat it to.

2.8LC FTW.

Thanks boys

texas

Link http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11310882
Why do you repeatedly tease us??
bigbretty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #8
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Little update.

Scud GT now covered 4500km on the 'new' LC package.

That's included a little motorsport event held over three days, and some very mixed use driving - highway, city, urban, lots of rain, pretty cold conditions. rained for 5 days this week. Dangerous driving conditions.

The engine lapped it up. The car handles everything like a properly balanced 'factory' car. No bad behaviour, no misbehaving. Perfectly reliable, no noises, no nasty traits.

Sipping fuel at around 16/100 combined. It's got 445rwkw and it sips fuel like a stocker????????? Serious?

Yep.

Anyone at the cross roads, trying to rationalise if it's a 'good idea' to blow their car, a daily driven car, take a load off your mind. Take it from a guy that grappled with the same decision for 2 years.

It can be done, it is viable, and it will do nothing more than deliver you a car that you'll fall completely back in love with again.

The boys at BPR can deliver your dream set up, regardless of your power aspirations, and your intended function.

Full house drag car - check.
Full house circuit car - check.
Seriously powerful daily driver - check.

Or a mix and match approach to them all.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.

Last edited by tex; 16-04-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 16-04-2011, 11:58 AM   #9
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Haha Tex, when I got my KB i'm sure people thought I was a zealot pushing twinscrews down their throats 'cause I must have been on a 10% kickback deal.....

Good to see another person form EXACTLY the same opinion I did, several years and hundreds of positive posts down the track.

On a side note, my "H"-LC has been sitting at home waiting for me..... must install blower..... uuughhh hijack.. helicopter: musst.... get home...

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #10
bigbretty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i have a question for you both having experience with more than one brand and type ... have the Kenne Bell blowers been on the market (in australia or USA) for a long time?? because for years it was only the vortech, powerdyne and Yella terra that anyone heard about. And still every car magazine i pick up has no mention of the KB name?

2009 Falcon XR6t Ute in Mystic
Old 16-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #11
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

They have been around quite a while in the US, they were using Autorotor compressors "rebadged" as KB (AGRO, feel free to pull me up anytime).

Autorotor is owned by Opcon who are right into this segment and been around forever.

KB, since the "Bigbore" series, make all their own compressors now, the LC package being just another feature that keeps them infront of the Whipple.

Daniel
Old 16-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #12
bigbretty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok, thanks for the info

2009 Falcon XR6t Ute in Mystic
Old 16-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #13
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just to add about having a KB on a daily driver, I couldn't be happier, I have 3 family members with stock BA/BF XR8's, have a guess which car gets the best fuel economy? you guess it, mine, and although driving styles between all 4 of us differ, having a blown boss that returns less than 14L/100 isn't a bad thing, like Tex says, Have your cake and eat it too... although I've only got a slice where as Tex has the whole cake and a pot of coffee!!!
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2011, 09:08 PM   #14
ego gtp
Club Moderator
Donating Member3

hi guys i have a 2.6 intercooled kenne belle boss and as tex and ryan said ORSM in every way 425rwkw at 10 psi 18L 100 k around town return trip to canberra 11.2 avg torque is incredible love my car i also have a boss 290 n a so i can compare the 2 cheers gary
ego gtp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2011, 11:00 PM   #15
.bazz.
MFP s/c 290BOSS GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ego gtp
hi guys i have a 2.6 intercooled kenne belle boss 425rwkw at 10 psi also have a boss 290 n a so i can compare the 2 cheers gary
after seeing your kenne bell powered GTP in the build thread .... i would never want to hop back into a n/a 290 boss

2007 BF MK2 XR6 TURBO UTE-winter white, y/t airbox, 60" injectors, herrod fuel pump, pwr intercooler, hot side pipe kit,CES exhaust.432rwhp 13psi http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11329995

2006 BF MK1 FPV GT-silhouette, 6sp manual, 4/4 brembo's, whipple 2.9L, custom MFP supercharger kit, hurricane exhaust, 3:73 ratio, eaton tru-trac

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
.bazz. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2011, 06:04 PM   #16
ego gtp
Club Moderator
Donating Member3

sorry to hi jack your thread but in answer to bazz n a 290 is every day car but your right feels like a slug compared to kenne but it makes it that more exciting when i hop in gtp cheers gary
ego gtp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #17
tex
Broken

I quite like this shot.

Dear Agro, need chromed pulley

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 22-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #18
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

The Terminator is currently being upgraded to "H-LC" status..... the 23psi pulley going on and hopefully there is enough fuel pump in the car to see her finally make that magic 600rwkw number she deserves.

The 19 psi pulley is on standby for the dyno day in just over a week, with a swap to BP98 on the cards and around 500rwkw give or take.

Even the black LC is a sweet looking bit of gear, with the older 2.8H's cast from cover making way for a "piano-black" billet housing.

Very nice.

Daniel
Old 22-04-2011, 04:42 PM   #19
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

hope to order mine when AGRO is back from fishing... i wanna a black one again aswell...

Blue Power Racing Developments
(03) 93053000
Ray Prescott Auto
(02) 49902488
JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #20
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Old 22-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #21
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600

LMAO...

Love it Dan.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #22
riggamortus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo@BluePower
Still feel that way?
2010 GT-E #12, Edge
5.0 S/C
395rwkw
riggamortus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #23
Theo@BluePower
Bluepower
Donating Member1

Yes it is .. a blown 5.4L will have it all over Blown 5.0L even with the same power level, it doesnt even feel like its in the same ball park..
03 9305 3000

Theo@BluePower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #24
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggamortus
Still feel that way?
Sure do mate, love the coyote, but its not quite there yet.

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #25
riggamortus

I gotcha. They've been a huge hit at home but I'm not use to seeing what you aussies do to the 5.4 so I figured I'd ask someone w/experience. Its a good "problem" to have when both the old and new gen motors are beasts.
2010 GT-E #12, Edge
5.0 S/C
395rwkw
riggamortus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #26
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggamortus
I gotcha. They've been a huge hit at home but I'm not use to seeing what you aussies do to the 5.4 so I figured I'd ask someone w/experience. Its a good "problem" to have when both the old and new gen motors are beasts.
And with good reason..............

In the good ol US of A, our friends are chiefly playing with built engines, with ring end gaps better suited to high forced incution HP rather than low oil usage with en everyday passenger car such as ours.

The coyote in OZ is an amazing car, when it has bigger ring gaps and forged pistons, the higher flowing head and better geometrics will see it come to the fore over the Aussie 5.4

In the US, they develop product and tech much faster than we do on average, so it wont take long before the coyote is the king.

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #27
tex
Broken

The old 5.4 can still hold it's head high, it is by no means a poor cousin to anything in a blown application.

Many, many more years of hard hitting Boss 5.4's to come yet!

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #28
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

2.8HLC FOR THE WIN

5.4 rules. 20psi here we come

Kenne has my vote

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #29
tex
Broken

You and Catman with your "H" LC's....

show offs! And rightly so!

But hey - no one can ever take way the fact that 'ol Texa had the very first 2.8 LC's Boss in the country.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.