Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 09-04-2010, 05:12 PM   #1
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Default Project F6

My FG F6 sedan is booked in to Blue Power Racing Developments on Monday for valve springs and a custom tune.

This is something I have not raced into. I have allowed the car to get some km's over the last year to ensure it was a well grounded platform for modifications but also as I plan to keep this car and wanted to be certain on exactly what I want for it. This will eventually include an exhaust, larger intercooler, injectors, fuel pump and what ever else is needed to support the upgrades.

Why have I chosen Blue Power to do my work? Not only are Chris and Theo good friends whom I trust, but they are also in my opinion at the top of their game at what they do.

I look forward to next weeks results, which I will post, and also to continued improvements over the coming months.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:38 PM   #2
Daniel
F6 - with sugar on top

Great to hear you are finally booking that awesome F6 of yours in for some work at BPR!
As for why you chose BPR, I couldn't agree more... they are OK :
I can't wait to hear how it turns out and equally the guys would be pumped to get your car in there after all this time too hahahaha

Anyway, good luck with the tune and valve springs next week Jase should be interesting. :
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
FSIXUTE
Starter Motor

looking forward to the results
Old 09-04-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Keep us posted on the before and after numbers Redrum

I have spoken to both of these guys for different things, and when the time is right, I too will be visiting Bluepower and no-one else. Consummate professionals!
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2010, 06:42 AM   #5
BLOAN

Default Tyre choice?

What tyres are you expecting to use to try & maintain some sort of traction????? I also currently drive an F6 & have not modified it yet for exactly that reason! It already blows the tyres off now!!!!!!!
BLOAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2010, 09:39 AM   #6
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOAN
What tyres are you expecting to use to try & maintain some sort of traction????? I also currently drive an F6 & have not modified it yet for exactly that reason! It already blows the tyres off now!!!!!!!
Tyres are always an issue. I drove a Kenne Belle blown BF GT the other week with some expensive Pirellis and it struggled to make grip. But if you didn't gun it off line, waited for the car to get moving and then gave it to it, you had much better control. I currently have Nexens. They were cheap (180$ each) and I thought I would give them a go. They are similiar in grip to the rubbish it came with, the Dunlops, but a hell of a lot cheaper and I am seeing how they go on wear, as my Dunlops only lasted 15k. I will test various tyres and see how I go. i am always open to suggestions.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:38 AM   #7
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Tyres are always an issue. I drove a Kenne Belle blown BF GT the other week with some expensive Pirellis and it struggled to make grip. But if you didn't gun it off line, waited for the car to get moving and then gave it to it, you had much better control. I currently have Nexens. They were cheap (180$ each) and I thought I would give them a go. They are similiar in grip to the rubbish it came with, the Dunlops, but a hell of a lot cheaper and I am seeing how they go on wear, as my Dunlops only lasted 15k. I will test various tyres and see how I go. i am always open to suggestions.
Redrum, you forgot to mention that you would never, unlike Lewis Hamilton, drive in a manner where you weren't in full control of the vehicle!
Old 10-04-2010, 11:59 AM   #8
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Redrum, you forgot to mention that you would never, unlike Lewis Hamilton, drive in a manner where you weren't in full control of the vehicle!
Not on a highway, as per the definition of the Road Safety Act 1986. Offence would be careless improper use, as in a deliberate loss of traction. My advanced driver training with my current employment taught me to avoid losing traction.

But if one gets on to a skid pan etc then I don't mind an all wheel skid or two.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:47 PM   #9
XTT747
Banned

lol speaking of tyres try the kumho KU36 aka kumho ecsta XS... dont last very long, but for the price you will NOT find a grippier tyre..
XTT747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2010, 08:15 PM   #10
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Good to see your making way for mods now... Keep us posted with the updates...

As for BPR, I think Chris is getting sick and tired of all these F6's coming in and making big numbers : But they will look after your car as it was theirs, so top blokes...

I have 20"s and im using "Accellera" (I think its spelt like that). They are extremely very good grip on the road and identical to the Continental Tyres... Good luck though
Old 12-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #11
XKALBR
Order of the Temple

Default two true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
My FG F6 sedan is booked in to Blue Power Racing Developments on Monday for valve springs and a custom tune.

This is something I have not raced into. I have allowed the car to get some km's over the last year to ensure it was a well grounded platform for modifications but also as I plan to keep this car and wanted to be certain on exactly what I want for it. This will eventually include an exhaust, larger intercooler, injectors, fuel pump and what ever else is needed to support the upgrades.

Why have I chosen Blue Power to do my work? Not only are Chris and Theo good friends whom I trust, but they are also in my opinion at the top of their game at what they do.

I look forward to next weeks results, which I will post, and also to continued improvements over the coming months.
Two true .... Chris and Theo are two guys that know there stuff (and are top blokes) and i know that when i leave my car with them i can trust that she will be looked after and that's why my GT-P is in there good hands getting a Kenne Bell, I'll start my own post when i get her back.

Allen
Old 15-04-2010, 07:33 AM   #12
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Why Valve springs at this stage? I thought they could handle well over stock kw?
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2010, 08:42 AM   #13
XTZ

I was of the same opinion about changing the valve springs on my Fg F6. Many tuners I spoke to said it was not nessary to change them. However, after speaking to a few people about their build ups on their F6's most people ended up changing them eventually. To be honest, I think many shops do not like doing the valve spring changes because it is so labour intensive. Because you can "get away" with not changing them on the FG F6's, many shops prefer to bolt on some mods, tune your car and have you out in a day so they can move onto the next customer.

I have learnt from the past not to short cut these things, I rather look at longivity of my car so I son't have to make changes again in the future.

Good luck with your build Redrum, my second stage of mods to my F6 should be completed by the 1st of May. Looking forward in seeing your results.

Ben
XTZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2010, 12:12 PM   #14
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Quote:
XTZ;
To be honest, I think many shops do not like doing the valve spring changes because it is so labour intensive. Because you can "get away" with not changing them on the FG F6's, many shops prefer to bolt on some mods, tune your car and have you out in a day so they can move onto the next customer.
Your absolutely right here, unfortunately that is what many tuners and mechanics do, just want a quick n easy job---- next please---- oh your back again....

Thats when BPR would be the 000 number for some people out there
Old 15-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #15
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I picked up and drove my tuned F6 today and what can I say. It was an awesome beast standard but now it is just so much more ballsy through out the whole driving range. The response is better, it feels more solid and the wow factor when the accelerator is planted put a massive smile on my dial.

I did some normal driving, where it was very well behaved and I was thinking, geez this has a lot more power but it is still rather tame, and this included some spirited acceleration. But, and I say a big BUT, if you do plant it, she wants to rock and roll. And any that have driven cars with this sort of power know what I mean. Just makes one wish we had our own airfield we could fang around on to truly test a car.

In regard to actual figures. I found out my baseline on the dyno a couple of weeks ago was over stated. A minor hiccup on the dyno that day started with my car and I should have suspected figure for stock was a tad high. When the car had 900km on it on the BPR dyno is was 267rwkw. Two weeks ago with 27000km it showed 286.7rwkw, a massive jump for being run in and the dealer having changed the settings for 98 octane fuel. Yesterday though with the dyno behaving and re calibrated it showed 274rwkw stock. After the tune and valve springs we have 296.6rwkw. Doesn't sound much, but the car is far superior to drive.

Next step will be am exhaust and injectors.

I have the print off and when I can figure out why photo bucket is not letting me up load pics in its new format I will put it on the thread.

Thanks again to Chris and Theo for their great service.
Old 15-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #16
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKALBR
Two true .... Chris and Theo are two guys that know there stuff (and are top blokes) and i know that when i leave my car with them i can trust that she will be looked after and that's why my GT-P is in there good hands getting a Kenne Bell, I'll start my own post when i get her back.

Allen
Allen, saw your beast in there again today, with the KB sitting in the engine bay like it always belonged there. Very nice. I am jealous!
Old 15-04-2010, 01:31 PM   #17
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
Why Valve springs at this stage? I thought they could handle well over stock kw?
When my car was put on dyno a couple of weeks ago I was warned that I may need valve springs done and I sat there and watched results of custom tune, and any change would affect the top end on standard valve springs and there would be less power.

I was advised to get valve springs, of the Crow brand, and have done so. This is for piece of mind. I know Chris would not tell me to do something to my car unless he thought it was needed. Anyone that knows him will know he will tell you if you are wasting your time or money.
Old 15-04-2010, 04:58 PM   #18
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Good results guys, anychance of a ride if we catch up at BPR sometime in the future mate?
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2010, 05:09 PM   #19
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No doubt you will be passing the theoretical maximum torque rating for the ZF of 650nm Redrum.

or is this an urban myth? ie it can take upwards of 700nm without self destructing
Old 15-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #20
Daniel
F6 - with sugar on top

Sounds like a nice solid result on the Fg F6, I am happy for your new found excitement hahaha!

I wish I could rewind the clock back to stock just so I could start my mods with bpr all over and feel the amazing drivability/mass of power again.

I also concur, if Chris voiced concern in regards to injectors; I'd of swapped them in a heartbeat also. He is straight down the line, no BS and says it like it is; a lot how I work. I like it! haha
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2010, 07:43 PM   #21
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Good results guys, anychance of a ride if we catch up at BPR sometime in the future mate?
Will be there Wed arvo, maybe a drive...
Old 15-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #22
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
No doubt you will be passing the theoretical maximum torque rating for the ZF of 650nm Redrum.

or is this an urban myth? ie it can take upwards of 700nm without self destructing
I would say that rating is relating to durability. My ZF so far so good. Drove Spoolman's and his BF was a ok, he only had ZF re built cause it suited him at the time, not because of any failings.