Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Performance Vehicles Club of Tasmania > General Discussions

Old 02-03-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
BFYOOT

Default Rally Tas

Hey all, just wanted to congratulate you on some fine looking fords doing the parade laps on the street stage of the rally tas. I go down to tas every year to watch the rally, so this was definitely a highlight. Gotta admit, the AU's were the best sounding of the bunch, this coming from me, a BF XR8 owner, was really impressed in the beefiness of these mighty fords.
Hope you all get an invite next year, might even join ya!!
Cheers
Paul

BFYOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2010, 09:50 PM   #2
DayTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Paul,

Thanks for the kind words. I know like all the others in the 'parade', I had an absolute ball. Possibly the hardest I've ever been on my car!

But a credit to all the members, we all take a fair bit of pride in our vehicles and try to keep them looking clean and tidy.

Damion

P.S. Didn't happen to get any photos or video did you?
Old 02-03-2010, 11:15 PM   #3
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Glad you enjoyed the cars Paul.

I certainly had a fantastic time giving the TS a spirited drive around the streets. It sounded awesome from the inside, so i hope it sounded good on the outside We had a good range of cars there on the weekend, there were a few that missed out, but hopefully we will be invited back next year to do the same.

Cheers
Tim
2010 FPV F6 Ute
2016 FGX XR6 Sprint
2020 PX3 Ranger Wildtrak
TICK4D-TAS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
BFYOOT

Gday Damion,
sorry mate, tried to get some photos but you were all too bloody quick!! I was on the straight just past KFC, all I managed to get was the backside of the cobra, so I gave up and just watched the parade instead. Geez that little Aussie racing car had some poke about it!!
Old 03-03-2010, 09:16 PM   #5
fpvgtp

Hi BFYOOT being the steerer of the COBRA you could pm the photo it will be one more of the "parade" than I have already. Glad you enjoyed it better let us know next time you are about and we can show you some of Tassies good roads. Cheers
fpvgtp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2010, 11:02 PM   #6
BFYOOT

hi fpvgtp, ill see if i still have it mate, i had to take my phone in to get repaired and it was on the phone. as for the roads, my parents have a property that has about a kilometre of the Yolla stage of the rally as its front fence, we get an awesome view of the cars, and as a bonus, we get to drive the road whenever we want. I know something for sure but, if you fellas and gals get invited back to do a parade next year, i'm gonna become a member of your club and bring my ute down!!!