Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-02-2019, 04:43 PM   #121
xeeclipse
Banned

Smile Re: EL GT - To be or not to be a big $ collectible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
So all they needed to do was fit a bonnet bulge? A unique bonnet would have topped off an already great looking package. I think they sold for something like $70k back in '97? That's pretty big bucks. With a 351 fitted, Ford could have just about named their price.

If a bunch of cashed up bogans were prepared to pay $10k on top of an already $75k blueprinted banana GTS-R, then Ford could have sold an EL GT 351 for $90k+. This was supposed to be a hero model after all.
Just imagine an injected 408w in an AU forte backed up to a tr6060 manual

Not sure why no one has done this?? Absolute track animal and second to non reliability.... Really all these LSA's and Fgx xr8 are overrated!!
xeeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2019, 07:25 PM   #122
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Default Re: EL GT - To be or not to be a big $ collectible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeeclipse View Post
Just imagine an injected 408w in an AU forte backed up to a tr6060 manual

Not sure why no one has done this?? Absolute track animal and second to non reliability.... Really all these LSA's and Fgx xr8 are overrated!!
If Ford had the balls back in the day and fitted 351W to E series, they could have smashed HSV by building proper T-Series vehicles. But even Ford US also lacked balls, only fitting the 351W to the Cobra R in 95 while their regular 302 Fox bodies got smashed by 350-powered Camaros.

I guess were going a bit off topic, but I have always wanted to fit a 408W to an AU. I still hope to one day, a nice Narooma Blue AU3 XR8. My untickled FG XR6T would still probably run rings around it, but hey, it'd sound like a proper car at least and not a vacuum cleaner!
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2019, 08:57 PM   #123
xeeclipse
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
If Ford had the balls back in the day and fitted 351W to E series, they could have smashed HSV by building proper T-Series vehicles. But even Ford US also lacked balls, only fitting the 351W to the Cobra R in 95 while their regular 302 Fox bodies got smashed by 350-powered Camaros.

I guess were going a bit off topic, but I have always wanted to fit a 408W to an AU. I still hope to one day, a nice Narooma Blue AU3 XR8. My untickled FG XR6T would still probably run rings around it, but hey, it'd sound like a proper car at least and not a vacuum cleaner!
An Injected 408W if done right with even a small hydraulic cam 230/230 .050" will put out the best part of 600hp.

Your XR6T better be running 14 psi + cause i can tell you now the windsor won't just smash you to the 330ft mark, it will destroy you!!

High 11's should come without even braking a sweat while your turbo will either be baked or fried.
xeeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2019, 10:58 PM   #124
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeeclipse View Post
An Injected 408W if done right with even a small hydraulic cam 230/230 .050" will put out the best part of 600hp.

Your XR6T better be running 14 psi + cause i can tell you now the windsor won't just smash you to the 330ft mark, it will destroy you!!

High 11's should come without even braking a sweat while your turbo will either be baked or fried.
As I said, my XR6T is untickled, so stock. As I've also mentioned previously, I'd love to slap a stroked 351 in an AU. I've always loved the AUs - had an AU1 XR8 back in the day. What a ripping car. I want another one, series 3! One day....

As for the stroked Windsor, yeah my Turbo runs 12.9 stock, which is great for a stocker. $3k of tickling sees it run 11s... but stilll sound like a vacuum cleaner! Don't worry man, I'm with you, nothing sounds or feels better under the hoof than a big cube N/A V8.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-02-2019, 12:13 AM   #125
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

And now...............................back on topic please.

An EL GT - To be or not to be a big $ collectible?
Old 25-02-2019, 01:12 PM   #126
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeeclipse

A turbo would run high 11's with 2k of mods. And at your turbo will be baked or fried. That's just silly.

I love Windsors and will be building a 418 for my NL one day to replace the HCI 5.0. But in terms of performance the Barra in my G6ET will smoke it any day of the week with a few mods. And it won't even break a sweat doing it.

Only thing the Windsor has going for it is the exhaust note. Now a turbo on a raised deck Windsor. Now that's something.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-02-2019, 03:03 PM   #127
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And the topic is ??
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2019, 08:22 PM   #128
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Will a el gt be a big $$ collectable? Tbh I don't think so, I don't think many of the modern day gt's will be big $$$ cars, they will just retain their value a little better, 5.0 miami's I think are a good example of that, going between mid 30's for a high k model to mid 50's for lower k's
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2019, 08:49 PM   #129
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
And now...............................back on topic please.

An EL GT - To be or not to be a big $ collectible?
Possibly but purely on numbers built = money to be made,not many would buy one for its looks or road presence etc,no matter how good or bad it was/is to drive no matter the hp/kw etc of all the GT Falcons built from start to finish the only time i remember the EL is when i find said thread or similar,not being nasty and no agenda just saying it as i see it.Saw my first one when working for Avery Ford in Wellington all those years ago and thought