Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club

ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club The one and only place for the ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club members Forums

Old 30-09-2007, 06:06 PM   #1
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Default Orsm Ford Cruisers Is Created

Hi guys for the newer members of the club they may not know the how and why the club was formed so l thought l would explain it's origins.

l was with another Car club in Melbourne for 1 and a half years with my BA XR8 and did have fun with the club and it's members but in the last 6 months l began to see some things l did not like. As a newish member to this club you could see who were the number one players within the club as these people sort of made all decisions for the club and also influenced the commitee in some of it's decisions. Also the other things that annoyed me was how it spent it's members memberships monies and sponsers.

l myself as others would know l am very passionate about promoting a club and the display of the club at shows. ln sayin this l was disapointed in the fact as the club did not see my ideas in spending monies on promoting the club so it is the only club that stands out from others, as just because you can get 25-30 cars only and lining them up does not make your club stand out from the rest.....
So with my ideas going to the way side l left the club and started my own with the help from a few others.........

So l called up Leo,Steve,John,Cameron and another Steve and we went out to our Bridge Rd Cafe hang out were l put it to the guys if they would support my idea of starting this club. A few were spectical as this was new to us in starting something from scratch, especially with us thinking are we going to get others to join.......

So myself and Leo sat down one night and threw ideas for the club's name and since we both had the number plates ORSMXR and ORSMT6 we thought why not ORSM FORD CRUISERS so in saying this l went and registered the club.

So now since we have a club a rang a few of the other guys to form the commitee ie: Marty,Tony,Marco,Allan,Phill,Cameron,Steve and Churchy even thou church still hadn't become a member yet as wasn't sure it was right to leave the other club yet. So that night we had come up with a full calender of events and who was doin what in the club.
l became president,Leo Vice President,Marty as segutary,Marco as Treasurer,Allan and Tony as events co-ordinators,Steve and Cameron as website co-ordinators and Phil as membership co-ordinator.
So we were well on the way.

So now came to designing our club shirts,flags,banners and getting some club sponsers. Leo came up with a few logos and shirt designs (photos below) and then Steve came up with the Logo for the entry page for the website which now became the logo for the club and it's shirts.

The Clubs Logo

First design Back

First design Front

Next was to find a venue for our meetings as my house was not the place as we were a growing club, so l went out to a few Pubs in the Northern Subs and found the Pascoe Vale Taverner and this became our home for the duration, and as l hear we are out growing this venue as well.

So now went out searching for flag and banner makers and came up with a place in Airport West so we made our banners and flags which debued at Sandown 2005 which was a suprise for the members as they thought they would not be ready in time for the big race.
Clubs Banner

The Crew

But before the banners could be made had to go out and get sponsers to put on them. l asked my good mate Chris from BluePower Racing,Terry from Professional Exhuast,Torque Tyres and Bayford Ford in Coburg.

So with this l proud to have started the ORSM FORD CRUISERS CLUB OF VICTORIA as it took a couple of GOOD mates to get where the club is today, hense the club is founded upon every member always being good mates and helping each other with sometimes personal lives and their cars. So as we have proven at all opur Displays and Events we are an outstanding club to be apart of and still growing better and better as the years go on.

Cheers Chris.

Also if any of the guys have any photos of the club at it's first stages please post in here......

Last edited by X ORSMXR; 30-09-2007 at 06:47 PM.
X ORSMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 06:31 PM   #2
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Well done Chris, many have wondered about the birth of this club. You should be a proud Father... I note you haven't mentioned the reason behind the club's name.
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 06:48 PM   #3
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
So myself and Leo sat down one night and threw ideas for the club's name and since we both had the number plates ORSMXR and ORSMT6 we thought why not ORSM FORD CRUISERS so in saying this l went and registered the club.
Here you go Buddy....and thanks l am very proud of the club and the members who make the club for what it is today....
Old 30-09-2007, 06:52 PM   #4
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Damn, missed that bit...
Old 30-09-2007, 07:28 PM   #5
JAKHMR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well i for one, have found the Club and its members to be a great bunch of people.
Would also like to see you at one of the meetings and see you back in a FORD sometime sooner than later....:lookedat:
Thanks for forming the Club along with all of the original members.
We newer members have much to aspire to....

Quote:
Success is the good fortune that comes from:
Inspiration , aspiration , desperation , and perspiration
JAKHMR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 08:18 PM   #6
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

My early days shots - member #6, ORSMEB#1

RED FGII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 08:23 PM   #7
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Geez TONY got the pics any bigger LOL

That was one wet day but a good club outing....remember the guys in that trailer.......ORSM......ORSM......ORSM....chant chant
Old 30-09-2007, 08:26 PM   #8
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

yes,every car that drove past copped a barage of OOOOORRRRRRRSSSSSSMMMMMMMM

there is a heap more in the fotobucket album........password has changed
Old 30-09-2007, 10:02 PM   #9
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Thanks Chris for the write up. Info is great even for members like myself who joined after the club was founded. I joined approximately 4 months after it started. For me also, being a member of another club in the past, I was looking for something different, something more personal and I have found this in ORSM. From the pics Tony has posted I love the spot in relation to the track for the V8's!
Old 30-09-2007, 10:22 PM   #10
ORSM6T
ORSM Ford Cruisers

HEY CHRIS I REMEMBER THE NITE THAT WE MET AT YOUR PLACE AND THE COMMITTEE WAS ESTABLISHED .AND NOW WE HAVE AROUND 50 PAY UP MEMBER IN 2 YEARS WELL DONE GUYS ,TO ALL THE OLD AND NEW COMMITTEE MEMBER AND TO THE ORSM FORD CRUISERS MEMBERS : : :
ORSM6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 10:19 PM   #11
ORSMEB
Steve

Hey good idea Chris...

Here are some photo's from early days.

One of our first show and shines - Epping Athletics Track '05

Then from the All Ford Day '06

Good times...good times... :
Old 01-10-2007, 09:20 AM   #12
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMXR
Geez TONY got the pics any bigger LOL

That was one wet day but a good club outing....remember the guys in that trailer.......ORSM......ORSM......ORSM....chant chant

Sorry about those pic sizes, was an old program i once used ...
and as jason said, that spot, on the hill is a top spot to view the race,,, although if it goes to Phillip Island, it will be kool as..
Old 30-09-2007, 10:35 PM   #13
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Yeah was a fun time to be around the new club as it was good to see some shocked faces on how quick the displays come up with all the goods.....ie:Trophys and new members.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:57 AM   #14
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

Great little write up and since i've been on AFF i have always enjoyed this club and it's members.

Once i get a few things settled down i'll definitely be joining up.

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
vandrsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2007, 10:48 AM   #15
ORSM6T
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Hi Joel you are welcome mate looking forward to met you and your car
our next club meeting is on the 10th of october at the pascoe vale Taverner hotel 12 railway parade meeting start around 7.30 or you can have dinner if you like good food mate
ORSM6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2007, 12:07 PM   #16
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSM6T
Hi Joel you are welcome mate looking forward to met you and your car
our next club meeting is on the 10th of october at the pascoe vale Taverner hotel 12 railway parade meeting start around 7.30 or you can have dinner if you like good food mate
Thanks mate, might struggle to get there but should make one before the end of the year. I'll keep checking the website for dates. Should get all signed up before the end of the year if all goes well.

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
Old 01-10-2007, 02:26 PM   #17
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Hope to see you onboard someday Joel. Saw your ride at the FPV day. Nice.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:01 PM   #18
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

Cheers mate, i have to admit that everytime i see something new on your car i ring up craig and get it posted out.

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
Old 01-10-2007, 03:06 PM   #19
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandrsxr6
Cheers mate, i have to admit that everytime i see something new on your car i ring up craig and get it posted out.
Hahahaha.... All good. Sorry to cost you money....
Old 01-10-2007, 03:21 PM   #20
GTPOWR
Falcon GT Club Geelong

As you can see the crew photo on the hill in 2005 i am among the crew thanks to marty taking me and my young boy to all the events marty went to. I finally bought myself a car that could sign me up with the best car club that i EVER seen. Altough i wasn't a member EVERYBODY made my son & myself VERY welcomed.
Keep the good work going guys.
GTPOWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2007, 04:40 PM   #21
GTPOWR
Falcon GT Club Geelong

Found some photos from Sandown 2005.

GTPOWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2007, 04:49 PM   #22
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Great Stuff chris, Great to so how such a fun well organised club is formed, I have enjoyed every minute of being a member of this club and will continue to in years to come.

Tristan aka ORSM54

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 09:39 AM   #23
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

I too thoroughly enjoy the club and it's members. My car isn't quite up to showroom standard just yet but stay tuned!! Can't wait to line up along side you guys in displays.

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2010, 05:42 PM   #24
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

Default The Orsm Family

Just a small list of true believers I hope i didnt forget anyone :togo:

1...GTORSM missing in action
2...NFORSM
3...ORSMT
4...ORSMT1
5...ORSMT2
6...ORSMT6
7...ORSM6T
8...ORSMT5
9...ORSM06
10.ORSM6
11.ORSM4L
12.ORSM5L
13.ORSMAU
14.ORSMBA
15.ORSMEB
16.ORSMEF
17.ORSMEL
18.ORSMF6
19.ORSMFC
20.ORSMXT
21.ORSM8
22.ORSMXR missing in action
23.ORSM54 missing in action
Old 24-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #25
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

They are ORSM not OR5M :

So your only cool if you have a personalised plate with ORSM :jab: :

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2010, 04:23 PM   #26
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

I think ur due for a slap.............................................. ................
Old 20-05-2010, 06:37 AM   #27
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Gee Tony when did we get a Bendigo division lol

hahah will be rejoining the club as member again soon

cheers chris
Old 20-05-2010, 10:14 AM   #28
ORSM-XT
ORSM Ford Cruiser

does that mean I'm the Shepparton Division?
Old 17-12-2011, 04:48 AM   #29
Stinger56

Default Re: Orsm Ford Cruisers Is Created

hey guys I am a bit disappointed in that I was under the impression Ford Cruisers were the Fairlanes and the like, the older barges that actually cruised the highways. I look at the cars in the pics and think they all look as new as the day they rolled of the production line, only a few years ago and are performance enhanced cars designed to go fast in straight lines and around corners. Is there a forum or club dedicated to the older barges ? i was thinking of getting involved but I dont think my vehicle would fit in, to my disappointment. Good job with the birthing, just goes to show how far enthusiasts will go to be the president and or a commitee member with a say in what happens,to ensure the new club moves in the direction the commitee sees as correct. I may look into the necessities required in forming a cruiser club up here in North Queensland. Question guys do all the members vote on the issues that are brought to the table at meetings or is it just the commitee that do that ? thanks ORSM inspirational stuff
Stinger56 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #30
MR_LON
ORSMT5

Default Re: Orsm Ford Cruisers Is Created

the photos you see in this thread are from when the club first started in 2005, most of the cars in the photos were new then. there are only 2 cars from those photos left in the club & they still look good as do the other cars in the club, our members take pride in keeping their cars in excellent condition.
technically i can understand your interpretation of the club's name, we do have a member with a G220 fairlane.
i'm sure somewhere there would be a club either for the 'barges' alone or old school clubs that would accept them unfortunately i can't say what is up Nth Qld as we are a Vic/ Melbourne based club .
depending on what the subject is weather it is just the commitee or the club as a whole but generaly the commitee will discuss it & if needed see what the members think.
EO XR5 with blacked out highlights, grilles & fog surround, black angel eye headlights, black turbo badges, eibach springs, bluepower custom tune, motorcade ic & intake piping, Xforce turbo back exhaust, lexus style rear fog/reverse lights, EBC red pads, Goodridge braided lines, Motul 5.1 fluid, custom fibreglass bonnet & slam panel cover, under bonnet bling & more soon
MR_LON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post