Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Old 27-03-2022, 07:16 PM   #1
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 
Default FG G6E 10/2011 rear centre seat belt parcel tray bezel.

Hey GT, can you tell me if these are available (separately or at all)?

P3270091 by Linz, on Flickr

Coz' this is what happened to mine...

P3270093 by Linz, on Flickr

It has the number 6101155 on the back, probably not relevant, but thought I'd add it anyway...looks to be the same part as the outer seatbelt bezels.

I haven't had the back seat base out as yet, so not certain if these slip over a seat belt connector tab as in the B series wagons, or if they're only available with a complete seat belt assembly originally.
If only still available as a complete assembly, I'll repair this one or carefully extract one from the wreckers.

Linz's 2004 Winter White BA RTV Ute

2004 Winter White BA RTV Ute...HIS

2024 Titan Grey Hyundai Tucson Highlander...HERS

Last edited by Linz; 27-03-2022 at 07:25 PM.
Linz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2022, 07:31 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: FG G6E 10/2011 rear centre seat belt parcel tray bezel.

Hi Linz,

Will try and dig a bit further, but from what I can find so far, it looks like it only comes as part of the seat belt assembly itself as per image below. It is not shown as part of the parcel shelf image either.

Centre seat belt assembly not that expensive at around $80.

FG Rear Seat Belts.PNG

Get back to you if in fact it is sold separate.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-03-2022, 07:42 PM   #3
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

Never been available separately.

There is no way to even get them off the seat belt...even if you do have a stack of old seatbelts like me.

They always break if you car is in the sun or old...usually they detach from the carpet at least once or twice first when the little clips on the back go...then you can glue it back to the carpet and get another 6 months but sooner or later they shatter and you have a big ugly hole there...never been pulled up for roadworthy on it but.
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2022, 04:24 PM   #4
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Wouldn't you need to unstitch the seat belt webbing from the attachment points to be able to feed through the webbing through the guide, if it was available as a separate spare? I'm assuming they install the web guide as part of the manufacture of the belt assembly, prior to stitching. You wouldn't want to supply the guide as a spare if it requires re-stitching, as there may be a liability issue?

Just going off memory here on the config of the belts.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2022, 04:56 PM   #5
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Yeh confirmed that it is only sold as part of the belt assembly otherwise you would need to do as Foxtrot mentioned below.

I was not 100% sure as sometimes the trims have a section that has a slit or can be pulled and then fed over the belt, sort of like those used on child seats, but my memory was not that clear, so checked it out to confrim.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2022, 02:29 AM   #6
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Yeh confirmed that it is only sold as part of the belt assembly otherwise you would need to do as Foxtrot mentioned below.

I was not 100% sure as sometimes the trims have a section that has a slit or can be pulled and then fed over the belt, sort of like those used on child seats, but my memory was not that clear, so checked it out to confrim.
Thanks GT...not being at all familiar with the sedans, I thought there may have been something like the wagon centre seat belt bezels with the slit in it to fit over the belt itself, similar to this one off a Ranger...https://www.jeffersonfordparts.com.a...anel-seat-belt
There's no way that I'd ever fool around with unstitching such an important safety item as a seat belt just to replace a bit of plastic...I'll go to the wreckers and get a couple of spare outer belt bezels that aren't in direct sunlight like the centre ones, then get the dremel out and cut a slot the same as the wagon style bezels, that'll work perfectly and the slot will be covered by the belt itself.
Sure, it'll need to be glued in place with a couple of blobs of Sikaflex, but no one ever sits in the back of my cars, so once it's stuck in, it won't ever fall out again

Last edited by Linz; 30-03-2022 at 02:35 AM.
Old 30-03-2022, 12:21 PM   #7
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Sorry, Linz, didn't mean to crash the party. Just thought that the config of the guide/bezel, ie not having a slit in it to slide over an installed belt, would be the reason that it wasn't available as a separate spare. Now why they didn't make one with a slit in it, like the Ranger one you linked, is another issue.

Depending on the construction of the guide/bezel and how it affixes in place, you may not have to refix the slit; the guide/bezel may stay reasonably sound as is, especially, as you say, if you place it under the belt so that it can't be seen anyway.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2022, 10:51 AM   #8
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I did exactly that a couple of years back. I found a good one at the wreckers and cut the belt, so I could take just the bezel.

I cut the slit closer to one end, but still under the belt, to make it easier to feed the belt in. Used masking tape to make a “dam” and glued the slit closed with some epoxy. It clipped back in and hasn’t come out. That belt gets used occasionally too.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-04-2022, 11:32 PM   #9
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Thanks for all replies...got a couple of seat belt bezels at the wreckers today...

P4040100 by Linz, on Flickr

Surgery tomorrow by Dr Dremel

Last edited by Linz; 04-04-2022 at 11:37 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-04-2022, 10:13 AM   #10
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Forgot to reply to this, cut a slit in the bottom of the bezel...

P4060102 by Linz, on Flickr

...then fed the belt through and secured it with a couple of dabs of Sikaflex...

P4060104 by Linz, on Flickr

Job done