Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 04-04-2022, 10:22 PM   #1
jimb1177
Starter Motor

Default ISOFIX Mounting Kit - 2018 Mk3.5

Hi, I've got a 2018 Mk3.5 Focus and have only recently discovered it doesn't have ISOFIX mounts installed as standard. But I have seen this ISOFIX mounting kit is available from a few places online (mainly overseas it looks like). Despite this being a genuine Ford part (part number 1357238), I've called 2 dealerships, and Ford Australia directly, and I may as well have been speaking another language - none of them had a clue what I was talking about.

I've found this really useful video that clearly explains installing it in a Mk2/Mk2.5. I've got as far as removing my back seats, and as far as I can tell, the mounting points in the video look identical in my car. Some photos here.

My problem is, I can only find the ISOFIX kits listed for Mk2 - nothing comes up when I search for Mk3. Does anyone know if this would this still be compatible, or any other reason why this might not work? I'd be surprised if the mounting points moved between the Mk2 and Mk3, but obviously can't be certain. Also, I assume a mounting kit ordered from the UK, would still work with an Australian Focus? If anyone has any experience with this, I'd really appreciate it.
jimb1177 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post