Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-12-2010, 07:31 AM   #511
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RspecAU
I'm not that happy with the G27. No option for the clutch and the more u turn the car almost stops...i dunno maybe there is a setting some where.
The clutch should work, though it'd be nice to see G25/27 wheels supported officially with their own setup menu. You had to press whichever button is mapped as reverse (triangle normally) at the beginning of each race but I think that's been patched now. Once you press the clutch it is activated now, works on my G25?

What's wrong with the steering?
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2010, 08:10 AM   #512
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletGT
Yep thats it! I got a few of the 66 and all the 67's. Rod p, Let me know if you want to trade one of my 67's for one of your 787's. I have a Miura p400, Ford Mark IV Race Car, 330 p4 and the Jaguar XJ13 Race Car from '66. P.M If your interested.
Got 'em. ;)
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2010, 08:13 AM   #513
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I only have the G25 but the clutch only works in gated mode. If it's in sequential, it doesn't do anything.

Not a fan of it at the moment, maybe need more practice with it as it has a tendency just to throw it in neutral for whatever reason. It's meant to simulate a missed shift but I can depress the clutch, move the shifter into gear and release clutch slowly and it'll still bang it into neutral at times.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:53 AM   #514
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
I only have the G25 but the clutch only works in gated mode. If it's in sequential, it doesn't do anything.

Not a fan of it at the moment, maybe need more practice with it as it has a tendency just to throw it in neutral for whatever reason. It's meant to simulate a missed shift but I can depress the clutch, move the shifter into gear and release clutch slowly and it'll still bang it into neutral at times.
Are you taking your foot right off the accelerator? Got to be right off it when you shift or it'll hang in neutral. I was bitching and moaning when that patch happened but I'm used to it now.

After the last update (a couple of days ago, I can't remember the numbers lol) I think the clutch will activate in any car, paddle shift or not, which seems a little strange. I'm sure I kicked the clutch last night on the 458 italia by mistake and it cut the power for a second. I could be wrong though, I've moved my wheel for a day or two so I can't check atm.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:56 AM   #515
TZENU
XY Driv3r

G27 works perfect for me.... Clutch and all...

Spent several hours last night drifting (or trying to) in a sileighty...

Clutch kicks and compression locks actually work well in GT5 when trying to drift!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #516
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2903
Are you taking your foot right off the accelerator? Got to be right off it when you shift or it'll hang in neutral. I was bitching and moaning when that patch happened but I'm used to it now.

After the last update (a couple of days ago, I can't remember the numbers lol) I think the clutch will activate in any car, paddle shift or not, which seems a little strange. I'm sure I kicked the clutch last night on the 458 italia by mistake and it cut the power for a second. I could be wrong though, I've moved my wheel for a day or two so I can't check atm.
Yes. I actually did it in a very deliberate fashion and 50% of the time it would kick into neutral. Ended up just using the paddles. I wouldn't mind so much if it would crunch or grind and just make the shift slower but for it to kick into neutral is exceptionally painful.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #517
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
The clutch should work, though it'd be nice to see G25/27 wheels supported officially with their own setup menu. You had to press whichever button is mapped as reverse (triangle normally) at the beginning of each race but I think that's been patched now. Once you press the clutch it is activated now, works on my G25?

What's wrong with the steering?
Ok i didn't know the patch fixed that, i'll give that a try. Maybe it's just me but i am noticing the car slows a lot when it's on half a turn mostly in hairpin turns. In Bspec whats with the arrow in the blue/red bar i seen some kind of discription bubble come up but was distracted and didnt get time to read it
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2010, 07:29 PM   #518
XRSIKS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm scared to update... might lose the free money and experience im getting...
BF MK II XR8 - ToXiC...
Toyota Camry Altise

After a patient 2 years...
Now Driving...

2010 FG XR6 - Sunburst!
XRSIKS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2010, 07:55 PM   #519
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTOXIC8D
I'm scared to update... might lose the free money and experience im getting...
I did it and havn't lost a thing thank god but then again now the clutch works it has totally change my driving style think i should start again
Old 09-12-2010, 08:22 PM   #520
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Got some good cars now :-)

Lamborghini Murcielago Lp640
Lamborghini Countach Lp400
Ferrari f430
Ferrari California
Alfa Romeo 8C
Bugatti Veyron
Maserati Gran turismo S
Audi R8...

And thats just the exotics lol

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #521
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Well I am having a S.H.I.T of a time with my G27 and have reverted back to my control pad.

I think its about my positioning, the coffee table just doesn't cut it, the gear lever slips, im crouched etc its horrid. I drive like a spas. So until I find a stand im back with the ol d pad.

Only played for about an hour so far, got the first license..might get all of them then start racing.

Anyone know if the wheelstandpro is back in stock?
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #522
3vXT

Quote:
Ok i didn't know the patch fixed that, i'll give that a try. Maybe it's just me but i am noticing the car slows a lot when it's on half a turn mostly in hairpin turns. In Bspec whats with the arrow in the blue/red bar i seen some kind of discription bubble come up but was distracted and didnt get time to read it
Probably a silly question but its not just understeer washing speed off is it? I'll check out b spec when I get home.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #523
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
The blue/red bar is for your drivers mental state. To much red and they crash doing something stupid, too much blue and their asleep. Need to keep in slighty into the red so their quick but not stupid.

I prefer to drive myself.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:40 PM   #524
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by My poor XF
The blue/red bar is for your drivers mental state. To much red and they crash doing something stupid, too much blue and their asleep. Need to keep in slighty into the red so their quick but not stupid.

I prefer to drive myself.
Thanks for that now i get it seems i have a nut case on my hands He's ok on open tracks give him a closed in one and he almost destroys the car
Old 10-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #525
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
Probably a silly question but its not just understeer washing speed off is it? I'll check out b spec when I get home.
Thats what i was thinking after i tried it last night. It's making the rally cars real hard to drive tho. I guess i'll get it right soon
Old 10-12-2010, 05:36 PM   #526
3vXT

Quote:
Thats what i was thinking after i tried it last night. It's making the rally cars real hard to drive tho. I guess i'll get it right soon
Yeah, if that's what it is it'll be more noticeable on dirt and snow. Hey, at least it's not a problem with your wheel, that'd suck

In other news... I finally found the SS commodore yesterday and snapped it up. Still haven't seen the AU but I'm saving for a formula one car anyway.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #527
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
Yeah, if that's what it is it'll be more noticeable on dirt and snow. Hey, at least it's not a problem with your wheel, that'd suck

In other news... I finally found the SS commodore yesterday and snapped it up. Still haven't seen the AU but I'm saving for a formula one car anyway.
I will never take any of the other brand my garage will in the end be made up of Fords
Old 27-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #528

is there any fast way to make good money on some tracks,im on lv17 and get about 36k a race,
any help would be great.
1971 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2010, 01:34 PM   #529
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the Special events give you shitloads of money even for third place.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2010, 01:53 PM   #530
3vXT

Try the seasonal races (they are harder than Aspec but still winnable) and the special events for lots of XP and Credits. I think you can only get paid once with them though, but it's worth it.

When you get a bit further on (level 21 or 22ish)...

The 5 lap indi race in expert gives you 117K and 4400XP in less than 5 minutes. Grind that for a while and you'll make money reasonably quickly. The Indi 500 endurance race gets you lots of XP but comparitively little Credits (and it takes 2hr, 15-20min).
Old 30-12-2010, 07:34 PM   #531
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Finally fired up the PS3 today and started on GT5.
Interesting to say the least.

Just got A and B Licences so far just to get going ... and got a few cars as well. Just getting a feel for the gameplay. And it is annoy that most cars at the moment you can't change much if at anything on. But that adds to the challenge i guess.

I hope i get a bit more time to play with it though. It's fairly good so far though.

Will be interesting to see though if there's quicker ways of getting through ... in the meantime I am picking up the vehicles from wins for now and using them to finish the basic levels before i go on and start looking for decent vehicles to mod (If I am allowed to) to get me further along.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #532
silver_xe

Won a Buick 62 Special, geez it is a beast.
silver_xe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 10:07 PM   #533
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

i have a car started out 14HP . . . . spent 250k on it and got it to 43HP yeeeeeha
99AUXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 12:09 AM   #534
jaskel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im loving this game, I play it heaps and it looks even better in 3D, I find it hard to go back to a 2D game now..lol Just gotta fix the headaches from 3D tv..haha
jaskel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2011, 10:21 PM   #535
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

I don't mind the Chromeline cars, so far I've only modded the Lambo and the M3. Quite handy to have sitting in the garage! Also love the Mazda Furai concept, it is a weapon. Another favourite of mine- Mach 1 Mustang. About 700hp, goes bloody hard!
Only up to Level 14 A&B Spec, so have a fair way to go yet.

Whats everyone's thoughts on the game overall?
After coming across from Forza 3 recently (Thanks to my Xbox 360 for carking it), I can't help but think that they could have put some more effort into the GT5 gameplay.
Most of the shadows are absolute garbage, the sound effects when you crash into a car/clip a wall.... Well I've heard better effects from Nintendo 64 games! As for the damage, either do it properly or don't do it at all. In Forza 3 you can damage all parts of the car, from Gearbox to diff to front suspension. All they can manage in GT5 is a few bent panels? Come on....
Instead of coming out with 1000+ cars, why not trim the fat... Leave it at 750, and spend some more time polishing the gameplay.

Here's hoping some of the above issues are fixed with updates etc down the track.
Other than that, I do enjoy the game and am loving the B Spec mode.
Dazza TT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2011, 11:15 PM   #536
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza XL
Whats everyone's thoughts on the game overall?
After coming across from Forza 3 recently (Thanks to my Xbox 360 for carking it), I can't help but think that they could have put some more effort into the GT5 gameplay.
If it wasn't for the fact my wheel doesn't work with Forza, I'd probably still be playing it. It does many things a lot better than GT5 and it could be because of the wheel, but the driving aspect of GT5 feels better.

I turned it over this evening to find some seasonal events. Golded most of the races with some souped up cars for big experience and big $$'s. Was a nice break from the grind.

It's clearly far from finished but it makes me ask the question - wtf were they doing all this time?!

The biggest disappointment was the Top Gear Test Track. Could have been epic, being able to create your own power wall and compare against the cars on the show - but no. Epic fail is what was created.