Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-04-2018, 01:40 PM   #61
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: "Queensland drivers have been slapped with around 90 million dollars in fines for going ‘just over’ t

I see your point Mick and agree with the incompetence as i see it each day myself. Whilst I try to be courteous i am also prone to brain fade and not seeing a vehicle on the odd occasion and even then i express my condolences for the error, i see no need to argue for what was my indiscretion.
Just this morning i saw the local revenue agency collector on the side of a Peninsula road that leads to Pen Link, it was dark and he had his warning lights flashing, could have been anyone, but no, it was a camera car trying to fool the public into donating to the governments coffers. As a rule i will flash on coming drivers i the hope that they will be aware and keep their wallet contents intact until i veer from that road. Not right , according to some but i hate to see anyone pinched for a few Kmh over just because the Govt wants to set the limit below what most drivers are safe travelling at.
Then i have to endure the endless number of drivers looking at their phones, for the next part of my work journey, and think they could significantly reduce the deficit if they could fine all these morons rather than Joe average travelling safely but fast enough to warrant a fine. Life certainly isn't fair but you need eyes in your **** to try and avoid being done for speeding but , it seems , you can talk on your mobile with impunity.
To finish my rant, i apologise, but it really is a lottery trying to spot and avoid every camera and the only way to truly avoid a fine from one is to make sure you are under the given limit every KM you drive, and if everyone did that, the speed limits , i am sure would be lower than they are at the moment.
GT450
GT450 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2018, 03:49 PM   #62
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: "Queensland drivers have been slapped with around 90 million dollars in fines for going ‘just over’ t

YES.
I went pass a mobile speed camera today near Penrith (NSW). I was on cruise control and had it set at 80 on the GPS (just on/under the line on my speedo), as soon as I saw it I turned off the cruise and hit the brakes. Thing was I was going up hill at the time (it was placed over the crest of course). Now the problem there is cruise usually increase a bit when you lose speed going up a hill. So in QLD I could have been easliy over 80 depending on when the radar went off.
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-04-2018, 05:21 PM   #63
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
"A TOWNSVILLE man has copped a $146 fine for driving 1km/h over the speed limit.
Jake Cassidy, 21, was pulled over on December 23 and accused of clocking 61km/h in a 60km/h zone.
Mr Cassidy was driving a company car on a delivery and is not convinced he was 1km/h over.
The police officer did not use a speed gun to catch Mr Cassidy but measured the speed by driving behind him."
http://www.couriermail.com.au/townsv...e17e6110059619
Even Regular police will tell you that Traffic branch cops are different animals
who get their jollies stirring the crap out motorists......
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2018, 07:37 PM   #64
speedy
Starter Motor

Quote:
"A TOWNSVILLE man has copped a $146 fine for driving 1km/h over the speed limit.
Jake Cassidy, 21, was pulled over on December 23 and accused of clocking 61km/h in a 60km/h zone.
Mr Cassidy was driving a company car on a delivery and is not convinced he was 1km/h over.
The police officer did not use a speed gun to catch Mr Cassidy but measured the speed by driving behind him."
OMG , how low do they stoop ?? . And they say it not money making haha !
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-04-2018, 08:11 PM   #65
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
OMG , how low do they stoop ?? . And they say it not money making haha !
To be pinged like that is a bit unAustralian to me (back to the JBP days?) not very fair leeway there - he wasn't driving a new Opel Commodore when he got caught lol only joking!!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2018, 09:44 PM   #66
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Ken View Post
YES.
I went pass a mobile speed camera today near Penrith (NSW). I was on cruise control and had it set at 80 on the GPS (just on/under the line on my speedo), as soon as I saw it I turned off the cruise and hit the brakes. Thing was I was going up hill at the time (it was placed over the crest of course). Now the problem there is cruise usually increase a bit when you lose speed going up a hill. So in QLD I could have been easliy over 80 depending on when the radar went off.
UK
Try it with in vehicle monitoring.
A few years back we had a guy trying to do the right thing by using cruise control
to avoid the lead foot on a long drive. Long story short, cam back to be greeted
with overspeed 17 times. spent the next half hour explaining how the cruise must have done it.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-04-2018, 10:15 PM   #67
Bolly47
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
This is making me sick as feel sorry for young lad as not everyone is perfect ever several years ago i have seen with my own eyes one time police woman was bookings speedy drivers all the afternoon around Withcott area along Warrego highway and later l saw same policewoman finish her quote and saw her driving on patrol car up toward just before end of top of toowoomba range was doing passing me doing more than 80 km in 60 zone on the way back to Toowoomba police station It all revenue raising for backward state Queensland
Bolly47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post