Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-09-2011, 05:09 AM   #31
Trevor 57
is now there

Default Re: "Workhorse" or "Show Pony"?

Remember, Ford Australia invented the ute.

Old 13-09-2011, 07:21 AM   #32
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Holden sells a lot of very profitable SS Commodore Utes, where as Ford has always seen the Falcon Ute
as more of a tool of trade vehicle that can be altered to make XR6T and hopefully, another XR8.
That means, much more of the Falcon ute's sales go to fleets and will include lots of LPG versions.

Swings and roundabouts, Falcon and Commodore Ute do have some overlap in demographics but most
certainly have a lot of different buyers elsewhere in their customer demographics as well...

It's a bit like Commodore Sportwagon and Ford Territory, they both get good sales but from different buyer groups...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2011, 10:31 AM   #33
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by calais
Funny you should mention this problem, I have begun the process of sourcing a new standard SS ute in white, with a manual transmission and no options. All I want in my new car is to move big things, and be able to do it quickly. All any dealer wants to do is upsell the SSV with leather and all. Not my cup-o-tea.

I figure a Hilux is boring as hell, and Im not taken in by the Ford Ute range, because I simply dont fit under the steering wheel.

I like the idea of a tidy ute with a bit of poke, without having to tell the world about it. So go on with your plans for your WB. It's your car, do with it as you like!
Oh I will be...it's just the first time I've come across the attitude.

We've got the G6E or the Celica if we "need a car" or want to go on a trip, but if we have to move a fridge or shift a big load of crap to the dump, we wanted something old, interesting, and also a ute. It's going to look good and go pretty hard, but it won't be babied.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post