Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 03:10 PM   #121
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Ha ha ha, it's like tag team wrestling this thread.

In the right corner we have the Scrubey duo - four v and FMC, the left corner we have the motorists against road robbery - Cruise and Whingey.

Ding ding, round 34 begins................

Great reading. I'm surprised you lot have'nt run out of puff.........

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:15 PM   #122
whingey

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
English, it's a great language, you should learn it sometime.

I said, LENIENCY, you think they OWE it. THEY DONT. Using examples of saving lives, or avoiding accidents is not the same as I was doing 9km over and the 'ignant' copper wouldn't let me off. Heres some common sense, theres a fine possible if you go over the limit, dont go over it. Think on it for a few minutes.

Now Im going to let you kiddies get back to playing ambulance in your cardboard box, try to keep the "beer bar beer bar" down a little.
Is that the best you could come up with? Please...I hear the Communist party are looking for a new leader. Oh wait they're running out of Commie countries to choose from, if you head off to Cuba or China they might have an opening. Look Einstein, I have nothing against the cops wrting tickets for speeding, what I do have a probelm with is over zealous cops who write tickets for BS infractions such as getting caught in a traffic jam alongside a No Stopping sign. Now even you must be able to see that's unfair?
Old 04-10-2008, 03:16 PM   #123
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise
It seems you are a real stickler for the rules.
Ok i propose this, If you are trying to get your pregnant wife to the hospital (who is having contractions) You better not bloody bend the rules

Oh, and i am well above the mininum age for signing up thank you.
Im a dad, drove my wife to the hospital during contractions, she didnt want to be driven fast. Nice and steady did the trick, last thing she wanted was to have to brace herself in the car o braking, or slide around in the back round bends.

Funny that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whingey
Words I live by...

It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense.

Robert Green Ingersoll

Common sense is the knack of seeing things as they are, and doing things as they ought to be done.

Harriet Beecher Stowe
Having both is better, you should get either mate.

Seeing things as they are? Fines issued for speeding, is how it is. Doing things as they ought to be done? Dont speed, pay the fine.

Strange thing about common sense, its not very common. You want to change feet yet?
Old 04-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #124
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
...what I do have a probelm with is over zealous cops who write tickets for BS infractions such as getting caught in a traffic jam alongside a No Stopping sign. Now even you must be able to see that's unfair?
Yeah, that really happened.

Its fascist you fool, not communist. Can you even go five seconds without embarrassing yourself?
Old 04-10-2008, 03:19 PM   #125
Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex

In the right corner we have the Scrubey duo - four v and FMC, the left corner we have the motorists against road robbery - Cruise and Whingey.

I'm just fighting the good fight
Old 04-10-2008, 03:22 PM   #126
whingey

Quote:

Its fascist you fool, not communist. Can you even go five seconds without embarrassing yourself?
You seem to have missed the point, I would stay here and explain it to you but I seriously doubt you have the mental capacity to understand it. My mistake, I shouldn't have watched that segment on Today Tonight about that exact incident. Those shows are a little biased.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:26 PM   #127
whingey

Is there anyone on this forum who's not a cop?
Old 04-10-2008, 03:31 PM   #128
whingey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex

I'm just getting warmed up.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:32 PM   #129
Cruise

Quote:
Is there anyone on this forum who's not a cop?
I'm not, I guess me and you are the only ones....
Old 04-10-2008, 03:36 PM   #130
Cruise

Quote:
I'm just getting warmed up.
Me too, i don't want to leave my computer, This is to exciting!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 03:46 PM   #131
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

[I]Is there anyone on this forum who's not a cop?[/I]

Me!

But I'm a police sympathiser because I know a few of them, two of which are in traffic.

It is interesting to note that neither of them believe in the validity of current roadside revinue stream generation. This apparent reliance on hidden camera installations, are not actually delivering meaningful outcomes in lowering accident rates per kilometer travelled. Of course, that's just the opinion of two people, who happen to be road law enforcement officers. And they are in a position to support this view through ACCURATE data. Of course their view, is one that I agree with in it's entirity.

I feel for the highway copper, the negative interactions that they surely face day to day, but I also feel that they are obligated to conduct themselves with fairness and an adequate use discretionary judgement.

There in - lies the root cause, the increasing reliance on automated infringement generation. Governments view is that discretion will result in LESS revinue, and indeed it would.

But that's just my view.

tex

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.

Last edited by tex; 04-10-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:53 PM   #132
whingey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Me!

But I'm a police sympathiser because I know a few of them, two of which are in traffic.

It is interesting to note that neither of them believe in the validity of current roadside revinue stream generation. This apparent reliance on hidden camera installations, are not actually delivering meaningful outcomes in lowering accident rates per kilometer travelled. Of course, that's just the opinion of two people, who happen to be road law enforcement officers. And they are in a position to support this view through ACCURATE data. Of course their view, is one that I agree with in it's entirity.

I feel for the highway copper, the negative interactions that they surely face day to day, but I also feel that they are obligated to conduct themselves with fairness and an adequate use discretionary judgement.

There in - lies the root cause, the increasing reliance on automated infringement generation. Governments view is that discretion will result in LESS revinue, and indeed it would.

But that's just my view.

tex
Well said..our collegues on this forum are under the impression that we want to be given immunity from any type of infraction, that is not the case. Like I said, the cops do an outstanding job in most cases. It's just that a few can give the rest of them a bad name which is undeserving. You can't please all of the people all of the time. My opinion is limited to the few who need to loosen the Glock belt a notch and lighten up.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:15 PM   #133
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Does it make you feel like a tough man when you call people names and talk down at them? or is it an automated response? sounds like something they would teach at the academy :

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
Old 04-10-2008, 05:05 PM   #134
fmc351
let it burn

First, Im not a cop, how many delusions can you people have? I dont have to be a cop to think better of them than you, or to try an understand their position in this. They dont owe me, or you anything, so dont expect it, just appreciate it when you do. Do you understand what appreciating it is, its not whinging when they write the ticket anyway. Nor am I a fan of Scrubby. Nor do I think cameras are the best way to reduce road tolls. In fact, Im not sure speed cameras should be legal, but not because of the reasons in here about not doing anything to reduce the road toll, but because Im not sure they are reliable. I dont care if government raises revenue from them, as long as they are only catching folks over the speed limit, not simply some imaginary limit you think is beyond discretion. I dont pay that revenue, its an idiot tax and have no sympathy for anyone that pays it.

But we were arguing about a copper actually pulling someone over for an admitted breach of current laws, and getting all ****y because the police officer isnt willing to let it slide. Ha, stiff, grow up.

Names? Just calling a spade a spade.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:23 PM   #135
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
First, Im not a cop, how many delusions can you people have? I dont have to be a cop to think better of them than you, or to try an understand their position in this. They dont owe me, or you anything, so dont expect it, just appreciate it when you do. Do you understand what appreciating it is, its not whinging when they write the ticket anyway. Nor am I a fan of Scrubby. Nor do I think cameras are the best way to reduce road tolls. In fact, Im not sure speed cameras should be legal, but not because of the reasons in here about not doing anything to reduce the road toll, but because Im not sure they are reliable. I dont care if government raises revenue from them, as long as they are only catching folks over the speed limit, not simply some imaginary limit you think is beyond discretion. I dont pay that revenue, its an idiot tax and have no sympathy for anyone that pays it.

But we were arguing about a copper actually pulling someone over for an admitted breach of current laws, and getting all ****y because the police officer isnt willing to let it slide. Ha, stiff, grow up.

maybe you missed your calling just jokes, i have met 2 nice cops.
Its funny that your previous sentence says grow up and your next sentence you say its just names - calling a spade a spade - its just your opinion - which is fine, but just understand that other people have different opinions to you and those opinions are just as relevent as yours, if you throw crap, someone will usually throw it back

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
Old 04-10-2008, 05:24 PM   #136
whingey

Quote:

Wow, you sound like one angry dude..I bet you're cut in the same graven image as Seymore Skinner. I'd hate to have been the kid who was caught pinching the apples from your tree. This forum is for people to air their opinions, we may not all agree on the same things, it would be a pretty boring world if we did but come on, you sound like my Grandfather giving me a lecture on the hardships of the depression. I'm no spring chicken myself but I can see the point of view of P platers getting a bad rap because we saw a P plater crash his car on the news. Not all young people are maniacs they shouldn't be stereotyped because they drive a hot looking vehicle. Telling people to "grow up" stereotypes you as some old 70 something fogey who walked 10 miles to school up hill both ways.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:28 PM   #137
fmc351
let it burn

in the snow

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 05:29 PM   #138
whingey

Quote:
in the snow

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

At least old age hasn't dulled your sense of humor. How about we agree to disagree?
Old 04-10-2008, 05:36 PM   #139
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I'd prefer these all too common camera debate threads to degenerate to this on the first page, then i wouldn't have to wait so long to close them.
Closed Thread