Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 01-01-2023, 09:33 AM   #1
Chugalug
Starter Motor

Question Ford Focus Head Light Adjustment

Have a 2010 Mk 2 focus - bought two after market head lights - installed new Navara globes - both units re fitted easily - using a 7 mm allan key - clockwise to rasie beam height but the LHF head light beam does not come up - ??? what am I not doing right ?

thanks
Chugalug is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2023, 06:43 PM   #2
Badcooky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Focus Head Light Adjustment

Do you have the headlight height adjustment on the RH light switch/dial ?
Maybe that is messing with it ?Either that or the adjustment thread is stripped ?
The right HL adjusted yes ?
My height adjustment on the RH dial switch doesn't seem to work either .
This may be of no help at all though .
Badcooky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2023, 09:50 AM   #3
Chugalug
Starter Motor

Talking Re: Ford Focus Head Light Adjustment

Thanks, No this 2010 focus (south african assembly) does not have the dash adjuster. Go figure. These after market units have two white plastic hex 7 mm allen key adjusting points, one at the top, easy to get too, and one at the lower back hard to get to, where you need a 180 mm shaft that can take a 7 mm straiught shaft allen key to reach it. All the vidoes I watched said the top adjustment was height, NOT so on these units, top adjustment is left and right, bottom the hardest to get too is height. All fixed now - next project is a front light bar and on a all plastice front wont be easy - watched some vidoes where they take off the entire front plastic grille assembly. looks like a major job over a half day or more ?
Chugalug is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2023, 01:01 AM   #4
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 

I've removed the front grille, bumper, driving light's etc off a 2011 Focus, take's about 15 min's
It's pretty much the same as removing the 2010 front end

click below to view my build threads
67 XR Fairmont
04 SX TX Territory AWD

my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2023, 01:10 PM   #5
Badcooky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You got it figured out all good.
I wonder if my top head light adjustment is the same as yours , I saw those videos too but I can't find my 7mm allen key , so for now it's academic .
Badcooky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post