Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Early Falcon Car Club of Qld Inc

Early Falcon Car Club of Qld Inc The Queensland early model Falcon Club.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:29 PM   #1
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 
Default Club Rego?

Is this a service the Early Falcon Club offers? Is my '77 ZH Fairlane eligible? Need to join a club in the next month or so to get the old girl registered...

Thanks

NH

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2007, 05:44 PM   #2
BJ
Banned

Don't Do It.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2007, 08:15 PM   #3
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

an old neighbour suggested i get club rego on my P6 too. he did mention, however, all the limitations that come with it, so i decided to go for standard rego in the end. i can't remember what the exact limitations were... something like you can only drive for test and tune up to a 10Km radius, outside of that you have to be in a club cruise event and carry proof of membership at all times... stuff like that.

i know that doesn't answer your question, but i'm sure someone from EFCC will reply soon.

if you have a look at their membership application form, there's a check box there for "Special Vehicle Registration" under "Reasons for membership".
Unco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2007, 09:14 PM   #4
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/reso...icle_guide.pdf

You can't go wrong for a car that isn't driven a lot.Saves about $650 a year for rego + the insurance is a lot less too. It's not too hard to stay within the guidelines either IMO.
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2007, 09:43 AM   #5
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

I've done it before, even had a daily driver on club rego. Just didn't fancy joining the Monaro club again :P...

Thanks for the link, Greg. What club are you a member of?

Have you had problems with club rego, BJ?

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

Old 09-05-2007, 09:49 AM   #6
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

A simple look through older posts would've answered my question. Result!

I'll be joining in the next few weeks, then!

NH

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

Old 10-05-2007, 08:09 PM   #7
xwboss

Hi
yes the club does offer club rego if you would like to know more come along to one of our club meetings they are held monthly on the last Tuesday of every month at TCB Oxley tavern 146 Blunder Rd Oxley.
as for club rego it has restrictions but most cars on club rego are not the sort of car you leave in the woolworths car park. The cost advantages for rego and full comp insurance allows me to keep my toy registered.
xwboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post