Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-05-2019, 02:23 PM   #31
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Shannon's Insurance

Another satisfied Ryno customer

2005 BA GT on limited kms (up to 4,000 p.a) full list of mods $86 per monrh

2017 Mustang GT on limited kns (up to 8,000 pa) $89 per month. New for old up to 3 years

Mods are all ok provided you tell them

Got a quote from Famous for the Mustang and they wanted twice what Ryno charge
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2019, 05:00 PM   #32
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

I have all my cars with Enthusiast insurance and very happy with premiums, cover and values. I also had one claim through them and it was handled very well and sorted out very quickly.

Moved all the cars from LSV who i had been with since 2001 without making a claim, once i did make a claim, it took 4 months of friggin around and it still wasn't sorted so i moved to Enthusiast. Bonus is Enthusiast is cheaper.
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2019, 05:31 PM   #33
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridenJoy View Post
I have all my cars with Enthusiast insurance and very happy with premiums, cover and values. I also had one claim through them and it was handled very well and sorted out very quickly.

Moved all the cars from LSV who i had been with since 2001 without making a claim, once i did make a claim, it took 4 months of friggin around and it still wasn't sorted so i moved to Enthusiast. Bonus is Enthusiast is cheaper.
Yes
They seem to be considerably cheaper. Good to hear they are legit to deal with.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-05-2019, 05:32 PM   #34
73 4V XB
Frankenford pilot
Donating Member1

With any insurance you must take the time to read and understand the fine print in the PDS. This can not be stressed enough. I’m not going to suggest one company over the other but will mention I had a very bad experience with Shannon’s and will never suggest them to anyone.
Yes they’re great on the phone but the guy on the phone won’t be dealing with you in the event of a claim the assessor will. I went through 3 assessor’s and 2 Shannon’s approved shops and still the job wasn’t done to my satisfaction, I’m not talking about AU Falcon either.

I’ve never heard of this enthusiast mob but will look into them as I’m searching for a new provider, currently with Lumley with no claims.

Oh, don’t take no for an answer from your insurance company regardless of who they are. Do your home work, ask around for similar experiences and outcomes. Most of all remember their there to make money, not be your best friend.

73 XB GT
Last of the Big Ports
73 4V XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2019, 01:12 AM   #35
oldgringo

Thumbs down Re: Shannon's Insurance

My experience with Shannon's.
I am not a Shannon's customer and can confidently state I never will be.
A friend reversed his Shannon's insured Land Cruiser Sahara into the rear of my (then) BF Fairmont. A small dent in boot lid and a crack on the bumper.
He immediately went down to Shannon's Cannington WA branch and paid his $500 excess supplying me with the claim number. Worth noting he has been insuring everything with Shannon's in excess of 20 years.

My repairer photographed the damage and submitted photos and Quote to Shannon's - total repair $1,200 less $500 excess leaving Shannon's to pay $700 balance.

I hand delivered a hard copy to Shannon's in Cannington WA branch.
To discover - Shannon's is a "call centre" for every insurer. They have several Foolscap lever arch files crammed with the pros & cons of every insurer. Whilst there a call came through for APIA Insurance. The dude flicked pages and rattled off the benefits of APIA insurance. Was a nice guy to chat too and was open that all but 2 insurers in Australia are underwritten by the one insurance company.

I digress - it took my friend, my repairer and myself constantly phoning these contract "assessors" in all States and overseas for over 3 months to get a measly $700 claim approved. This with my friend threatening to cancel his 5 Shannon's comprehensive - 3 cars & house & contents policies with them and spray the story to his veteran car club.

The absolutely worst insurance organization I have ever dealt with in over 40 years driving with a total of 3 insurance claims. 1 at fault (18 years old) and 2 no fault claims.

Shannon's are definitely "enthusiasts" at not honoring claims nor paying out minor amounts promptly, but happy to continue bumping up premiums. Trading on values they dropped about a decade ago.

End of rant.
oldgringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2019, 09:48 AM   #36
73 4V XB
Frankenford pilot
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
A friend reversed his Shannon's insured Land Cruiser Sahara into the rear of my (then) BF Fairmont. A small dent in boot lid and a crack on the bumper.
He immediately went down to Shannon's Cannington WA branch and paid his $500 excess supplying me with the claim number. Worth noting he has been insuring everything with Shannon's in excess of 20 years.

My repairer photographed the damage and submitted photos and Quote to Shannon's - total repair $1,200 less $500 excess leaving Shannon's to pay $700 balance.

To discover - Shannon's is a "call centre" for every insurer. They have several Foolscap lever arch files crammed with the pros & cons of every insurer. Whilst there a call came through for APIA Insurance. The dude flicked pages and rattled off the benefits of APIA insurance. Was a nice guy to chat too and was open that all but 2 insurers in Australia are underwritten by the one insurance company.

I digress - it took my friend, my repairer and myself constantly phoning these contract "assessors" in all States and overseas for over 3 months to get a measly $700 claim approved. This with my friend threatening to cancel his 5 Shannon's comprehensive - 3 cars & house & contents policies with them and spray the story to his veteran car club.

The absolutely worst insurance organization I have ever dealt with in over 40 years driving with a total of 3 insurance claims. 1 at fault (18 years old) and 2 no fault claims.

Shannon's are definitely "enthusiasts" at not honoring claims nor paying out minor amounts promptly, but happy to continue bumping up premiums. Trading on values they dropped about a decade ago.

End of rant.
If you want quality service, ring Coles insurance and ask the lovely Indian phone staff where the nearest approved repair Center is in relation to your address. It’s good for a laugh... if your not trying to proceed with a claim

73 XB GT
Last of the Big Ports
73 4V XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2019, 12:02 PM   #37
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
He immediately went down to Shannon's Cannington WA branch and paid his $500 excess supplying me with the claim number. Worth noting he has been insuring everything with Shannon's in excess of 20 years. .
Your problem as I see it, your friend with the Cruiser was the Shannons customer, you were not.
If you had put the claim through your insurance company, you would not have had the hassles, as it would have been your company’s hassle.
I think I have stated somewhere else here on this subject, don’t bother with the other party or their company ……………...you pay a premium to your company so that they act in your interest.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2019, 09:05 AM   #38
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

End of rant.
Suncorp owns Shannons and half of the insurance market in Australia.

But in future, I would suggest lodging your own claim if you are covered. You are paying for a policy and your insurance company will work for you.

https://www.suncorpgroup.com.au/about/brands
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2019, 06:47 AM   #39
Specialst
Question Everything...

Been there.... twice. Some kid, ‘L Plates’ and all, driving his mum to school, decided that he must have seen a magical green light, in the line of cars stopped at a red light, with me the next car stationary and drove straight up me....... I went a little bit mental, still feel a little guilty about that, anyway, straight on the phone and straight to my only choice of repairer. All done and dusted, kid presumably got home one day to a lovely bill for whatever it was, my job, clearly had been done. 100% NOT my fault, 100% none of ‘my’ time wasted chasing up people etc etc Cars fixed and I’m happy. End of story.
NO.
That claim ‘regardless of blame’ still counts against you.
I’ve JUST finished my three years with the RAC for the kid story and AAMI about 10 years ago stung me with FIVE years of it being on ‘record’ with them and subsequently others. I’m moving insurance now and contained in the quote from one of the very insurance companies we’ve all been talking about is.....’photos of the mods and proof of 3 years no claim’, which I found weird, as when I jumped ship from AAMI to RAC I somehow don’t recall that question being asked.... anyway, that’s what I’ve had to deal with ....
Haltech,Flex,PT6466Gen2,ID1000,PW2 I/Cool,XForce 4" T/back twin,Walbro Dual 460 surge,Race Springs,PW 4"Airbox, ReGap, coolthermo, FgXSpRntWheels, TruTrac, Stg3+ZFBillet, custom G6ET gauges, ALS, P/Assist, QuikTrakSys, KHanV3++, CustmAlpineHD8.3.4 CAD designed StingerFaradHB
….450.0RwKw/804Nm….

* 2008 FPV 5th Aniv GT Lightning Strike - Sold
Stock

* 2008 FG XR6 Turbo Mki - gone
278 RwKw
Specialst is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2019, 09:11 AM   #40
BFIIGhiaZF6
George
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The experience, information and willingness to help and share data in regards to the ZF cooling system options has probably cleared a lot of doubt about air/oil coolers and the ZF transmission. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73 4V XB View Post
If you want quality service, ring Coles insurance and ask the lovely Indian phone staff where the nearest approved repair Center is in relation to your address. It’s good for a laugh... if your not trying to proceed with a claim
Bloody long drive to Mumbai

Was thinking of getting a quote from Shannon's, but after reading this thread shan't be bothering, sticking with APIA.

2007 BFII Fairmont Ghia I6 4L, ZF6 Auto, Ego Charcoal, Warm Charcoal.

R/Up 2019:Winner 2023:, Best BA-BF Geelong AFD.

PWR Air/Oil Cooler, K&N, Egas elbow, V8 upper F6 lower CAI.

1997 Fairmont EL Ghia Tickford 4L Auto
1985 Falcon XF GL 4.1L Auto.
1979 Fairmont XD Ghia 4.1L Auto.
1971 Cortina GL Estate 1200cc Manual.

Last edited by BFIIGhiaZF6; 23-11-2019 at 09:16 AM.
BFIIGhiaZF6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2019, 09:57 AM   #41
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BF11GhiaZF6 View Post
Was thinking of getting a quote from Shannon's, but after reading this thread shan't be bothering, sticking with APIA.
I used to have my 3 cars with APIA over a number of years, 2 minor not-at-fault claims were settled with no fuss.
I review my insurance every year when it becomes due, getting a general idea of the 'Carsales' asking price for an equivalent vehicle. APIA used to be flexible with agreed value and premium, but not any more. They suggested that I switch to Shannons, which I did, increasing the agreed value with lower premiums.
No experience with how Shannons are with a claim, and hoping that I don't need to.
Old 23-11-2019, 11:35 AM   #42
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have had Shannons insurance for just over ten years. One claim went real smoothly and they were great with my P plate daughter who was at fault. Mods on the Mustang have been easily accepted but I will shop the Ryno & Enthusiast options next go around, based on comments here.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2019, 01:35 PM   #43
CFOUR
The Destroyer

I and anybody close to me will never ever use Shannons again, a shocking experience that I won't divulge, but it ended after a 13 month battle in my favor, with them and their underwriter AAI getting more than a slap on the wrist from the ombudsman.
Old 23-11-2019, 03:28 PM   #44
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Suncorp own 12 brands, which include GIO, Shannons and APAI, which makes you wonder why they are all so different.

I gave GIO the flick in 2014, when they wanted $1,011 premium for agreed value of $30K.
Shannons now cover the same car for $30K for $770.