Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-08-2005, 10:25 AM   #1
3Inch5.oLtr
xr8 ute

Arrow au amp upgrade

does any one know if you can change the amp in a fairmont ghia to a higher powered one i have a au f g 111 with sat nav 5.0 lt thanks.

3Inch5.oLtr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2005, 01:09 PM   #2
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

u cant
the standard headunit doesnt have RCAs poking out the back
but has RCAs going INTO teh stock amp..

the RCAs will produce NO noise from an aftermarket amp..(tried that)

you wil need your self a new headunit .. and all the wiring required to put a new amp in...(RCAs..power.. ground..remote cable) then yeah..

if you disconnect the standard amp.. the standard sub and both standard rears will stop working even when connected to the aftermarket headunit.. its wierd..

hope i helped
blackers10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2005, 01:21 AM   #3
3Inch5.oLtr
xr8 ute

ok thanks ill stick with what ive got,.,.,.,.//.,
3Inch5.oLtr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2005, 07:09 AM   #4
vbtruk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

acttually you can i have done it in mine and the whole idea was to keep my factory HU cos i like the 6 disc in dash feature.
AU III Fairmont Ghia

All you need is a little thing called a Stinger line level converter and the new amp thats it. And make sure to buy the stinger ones they are the best and i have three in my car.
vbtruk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2005, 09:53 AM   #5
phildee

I would presume you could also use an amp that has speaker level input if you dont want to spend too much.

Cheers, Phil
phildee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2005, 06:05 PM   #6
vbtruk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not sure as i bought Kicker amps and tried using the speaker hi level input plugs it had and the signal of the stock system did not match so therefore it had to be line level converters. here is the thread we had on it: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=2677
Old 02-08-2005, 09:33 PM   #7
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Dont muck around mate.You can get rca adapters which get connected toexisting speaker wires and convert to low level rca comaptible sound.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2005, 05:43 PM   #8
vbtruk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah that's what we are talking about they are called Line Level converters and the good ones boost the signal to give a clearer sound as an aftermarket HU would.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:27 PM   #9
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Thats great if they do that..but depends on thd(total harmonic distortion.) of the components really.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post