Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-11-2018, 11:02 PM   #151
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Default Re: VFACTS Oct 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Hilux is still selling more and without giving away 5yrs of service though...
...But by giving big discounts at $52990 driveaway. Meanwhile over on the Ford website the XLT 3.2 gets free servicing on its $60,738 driveaway price tag.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2018, 11:40 PM   #152
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
...But by giving big discounts at $52990 driveaway. Meanwhile over on the Ford website the XLT 3.2 gets free servicing on its $60,738 driveaway price tag.
That SR5 is manual, the XLT is auto.

To get the auto SR5 its 60k drive away.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2018, 11:46 PM   #153
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:

No that was for a white manual 3.2 XLT.

Anyway, I'm done.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-11-2018, 12:26 AM   #154
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Toyota still have the mining game stitched up with utes??

Would that explain their sales??
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2018, 01:30 AM   #155
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

In that segment likely and depending the model, alot are cab chassis with add ons not just straight dual cabs alone, but no matter sales is sales right and mining/gov etc are wins for them easier due to more distribution than anyone and spares more at hand thats what counts for the customer.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2018, 10:08 AM   #156
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:

As said above, that is the XLT Manual price, the auto is $62,771 or an extra $2,261

That exercise is repeated through the 4x4 range but the lower end 4x2s is
where Toyota excels and gives the bigger savings in cost over buying a Ranger.

A 4x2 low rider 2.2 diesel single cab Ranger with alloy tray starts at $34,097drive away
the comparable Hilux is a workmate cab chassis, 2.4 diesel with alloy thrown in for $30,402

Even with those price differences throughout the range, Ranger still keeps pretty close to Hilux..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
In that segment likely and depending the model, alot are cab chassis with add ons not just straight dual cabs alone, but no matter sales is sales right and mining/gov etc are wins for them easier due to more distribution than anyone and spares more at hand thats what counts for the customer.
Are Ranger's sales less about mining contracts and more about those 4x4 plush ponies it likes to sell?

It's hard to say, the Ranger has caught up a lot in the past few years but i wonder if that's
more to do with user chooser novated leases. No doubt Ranger does get some mining contracts.

Toyota still has a big price advantage in the lower 4x2s as Ive shown above and reasonable evidence
to say that there should be more Hilux one tonner tradie workmates out there than 4x2 Ranger Single cabs,
we just don't see many of them.

Last edited by jpd80; 17-11-2018 at 10:29 AM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2018, 10:35 AM   #157
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
As said above, that is the XLT Manual price, the auto is $62,771 or an extra $2,261

Got a link as i cant find it on their site at that price.
Old 17-11-2018, 11:32 AM   #158
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
It took ages to see one ZB but I have seen a few now. Decent looking car, but not a Commodore.
It' funny you mention this, I like to think I can spot my cars fairly well..except for the last 6 months on my regular drive to work I pass the same house across from a T-intersection and in the driveway every morning has been the same car the whole time....I finally realized recently when driving past in a different direction it was actually a ZB sedan, always thought it was a Hyundai sedan.....like you said just doesn't register as a Commodore anymore.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2018, 11:37 AM   #159
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Got a link as i cant find it on their site at that price.
Just go to Ford website, shopping, build and quote and add your post code.
Price is for a 3.2 auto drive away Qld.

Last edited by jpd80; 17-11-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Old 17-11-2018, 12:18 PM   #160
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post

to say that there should be more Hilux one tonner tradie workmates out there than 4x2 Ranger Single cabs,
we just don't see many of them.
A cruise around any industrial estate in any Part of Australia,& you'll soon see where all the Poverty Pack Hilux 4x2's are..

I've only recently got some quotes on a 4x2 workshop parts chaser.
The Hulux Workmate is anywhere from 5-10k cheaper than either the Ford or Mazda.
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 17-11-2018, 03:25 PM   #161
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Too right, workmate Utes are everywhere.

For those thinking Ranger XLT is a bit expensive, there's always the Mazda BT-50
4x4 XTR Dual Cab 3.2 auto....$46,990 Drive away
Old 18-11-2018, 07:59 PM   #162
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ah the humble Hilux 2.7 petrol manual workmate. Priced at 25K locally, revvy 2.7 is pretty much indestructable. No DPF, no 2.8 diesel issues, kind of interesting to fang while in transit for work (surprisingly jumpy off the start). I remember the suspension as very boat like but people seem to absolutely hammer the things around

where do I sign
Old 18-11-2018, 08:39 PM   #163
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Ah the humble Hilux 2.7 petrol manual workmate. Priced at 25K locally, revvy 2.7 is pretty much indestructable. No DPF, no 2.8 diesel issues, kind of interesting to fang while in transit for work (surprisingly jumpy off the start). I remember the suspension as very boat like but people seem to absolutely hammer the things around

where do I sign
Toyota has a national deal at the moment, $23,990 drive away with a free ally tray
Old 18-11-2018, 09:35 PM   #164
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

On another note, the Mercedes Benz X-Class hasn't really made much of a mark and I have noticed incentives are now starting to surface (0% finance, free auto, free metallic paint.)

Perhaps aussies are smart enough to spot a Nissan in a disguise?

https://www.mercedes-benz.com.au/van...percentfinance
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-11-2018, 01:10 PM   #165
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The next Navarra might be based on the Triton....
"There might be a Triton lurking below the next all-new Nissan Navara.
In an interview with Reuters, Mitsubishi’s recently appointed COO Trevor Mann, confirmed that Mitsubishi Motors Corp and Nissan – its 34 per-cent majority stakeholder – are looking into joint production of pickup trucks in Thailand.
Mann suggested that Mitsubishi’s 4X4 pickup architectures are likely to be the base for any future new model collaborations.
“If you look at our cost performance in that region, we are the benchmark within the alliance,” Mann said. “Our four-by-four technology, our cost base on pickups is better than Nissan’s.”
The Navara and Triton are still relatively fresh, both having been launched in 2014, with all-new models not expected until 2022.
Mann stressed that a decision has not been made at this early stage of the development process, but noted that both vehicles currently have fundamental design and manufacturing differences and are being built on separate manufacturing lines in Thailand. Introducing a common architecture would make economic sense and might mean that Mitsubishi’s Thai plant builds pickups, leaving the Nissan plant to concentrate on SUVs.
The decision to share development of the next Navara and Triton, would have knock-on implications for the Navara based Mercedes-Benz X-Class and Renault Alaskan as well as the Triton based Fiat Fullback. The next generation of these models could conceivably all be based on a Mitsubishi 4X4 pickup platform." http://www.loaded4x4.com.au/10703/ne...m-with-triton/
Old 04-12-2018, 02:52 PM   #166
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-...-sold/10580478
Old 04-12-2018, 07:25 PM   #167
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
I really hate articles like this.. The numbers ARE real, all the dealers do by registering unsold cars is move sales from one month to the next... It's not that big a deal if you ask me.. Short term they might be a little dodgy but over 12 & more months, the numbers are good...
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-12-2018, 07:32 PM   #168
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619 View Post
I really hate articles like this.. The numbers ARE real, all the dealers do by registering unsold cars is move sales from one month to the next... It's not that big a deal if you ask me.. Short term they might be a little dodgy but over 12 & more months, the numbers are good...
Exactly. The cars are moved on to consumers eventually.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:07 PM   #169
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Exactly. The cars are moved on to consumers eventually.
Yes and if what im told is correct, each Dealer network is only allowed so many registered demo's so its not like they can register 20 of each car to inflate the numbers of certain models and they would need to move them before replacing it with another to inflate the following months numbers.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:03 PM   #170
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you multiply those registered demos across the whole network, those vehicles begin to add up.
They tell me it's quite an effective tool for the walk in buyer, particularly fast moving stock....
Old 04-12-2018, 09:58 PM   #171
GT1533

As I recall, the manufacturer I worked for provided the dealer a financial credit for demonstrator cars. I assume it was standard industry practice. The manufacturer has a limit on the number of cars it will give an incentive for, but there is nothing to stop the dealer having more demonstrators, just without a manufacturer incentive.
GT1533 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2018, 10:03 PM   #172
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1533 View Post
As I recall, the manufacturer I worked for provided the dealer a financial credit for demonstrator cars. I assume it was standard industry practice. The manufacturer has a limit on the number of cars it will give an incentive for, but there is nothing to stop the dealer having more demonstrators, just without a manufacturer incentive.
I believe it's called a floor plan