Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-11-2018, 03:17 PM   #5581
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathis View Post
Gday!
not much of a poster, more of a reader, but how do i donate, this site is unbelievably useful and i would like to try to help keep it alive for as long as possible?!
Right here

In the site support section https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=52951
Old 07-11-2018, 08:27 AM   #5582
Bungle06
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Thanks for the add. Is there a thread here on Territory auto change overs? Specifically going from a 4 speed to a 6 speed...

Last edited by Bungle06; 07-11-2018 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Questions.
Bungle06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2018, 11:15 AM   #5583
chris the pom
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Many thanks to all of you who welcomed me glad to be here
chris the pom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2018, 12:26 PM   #5584
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle06 View Post
Thanks for the add. Is there a thread here on Territory auto change overs? Specifically going from a 4 speed to a 6 speed...
Have you tried the Terry section?

https://fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=387
Old 11-11-2018, 04:26 PM   #5585
len66
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi from len66 this site should help an old guy keep his ford going

Thanks.
len66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2018, 11:10 PM   #5586
Roy Staker
Starter Motor

g'day, to all the Henry Owners,
call me Roy
I just got myself a 2010 Ranger 2 x 4, 3lt D
duel cab with an Ali tray
well, I love it (so far)
I have had plenty of Fords, it's great to have a great ford wrecker, down the road
happy to help anybody, anytime
cheers
Roy Staker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2018, 11:46 AM   #5587
Bulldozer51
Starter Motor

Hi,
I'm Rhys, I just bought a 2002 AU3 SR Falcon, which I'm looking to Barra turbo swap.
Bulldozer51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2018, 09:15 AM   #5588
Shift
Starter Motor

Hi All,
I'm from Melbourne and I'm selling off my Holden Caprice to get into a Ford Territory. I've got high hopes of making an SZII AWD turbo Territory.
If anyone has experience doing something similar or can even recommend a good territory wrecker in South East Melbourne I'd be most grateful.
I'm also chasing some wiring diagrams and data protocols to help familiarise myself with what to expect.

Steve

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2018, 05:40 PM   #5589
Hodgo

Hello to all the members,
My site name is Hodgo 72 yrs old but I am a recycled teenager, I am ex army 21 yrs service in all aspects of road transport and my home town is a little place called Rokeby in Tasmania it will always be home to me. But I have for the past 34 yrs live in Qld. half way between the Gold Coast and Brisbane I have owned 6 fords over the years V8 and 6s and never had one that I could complain about, routine maintenance and genuine parts as needed. My XC fairmont I had for 14 years and about 600,000 XF did just under 800,000 I rebuilt the motor and replaced the gear box . My latest purchase is a 2002 Fairmont wagon with all the bells and whistles 140,000 on the clock and is very close to being like new. My intentions are to bring it back to as near as pristine condition as possible over a period of time with he help of the member of this form. I don't like modern vehicles especially with computers fitted BUT I now have one.
My other vehicle is a 1994 Landrover discovery TDI 300
Hodgo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2018, 10:27 PM   #5590
Beejman
beejman

Hello yall mad Ford man since forever Divin A semi supped up Fg Xr8
Beejman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2018, 02:29 PM   #5591
gal064
Starter Motor

Been a member since 2016 so about time I posted something currently drive a 64 Galaxie and am rebuilding a 74 F250
gal064 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2018, 11:03 PM   #5592
Ebfairmontv8
Starter Motor

Gday all. Thanks for all the info on the forum. Ive recently saved an EB Fairmont V8 from the wreckers. Nice old thing - one owner, books etc, all the electrics work except for a gremlin in the auto. Limp mode (locked in 3rd) nothing in pan, scan says no fault so now looking to change auto computer. Any suggestions welcome! Cheers,Nicho.
Ebfairmontv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2018, 12:23 PM   #5593
xc351cobra
SNAKE

Hey! The XC Falcon Cobra is the best car in the world to me! I look forward to contributing to the Forums.
xc351cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-11-2018, 12:07 PM   #5594
chrisomw1

Gday all, I'm Chris from Ocean View QLD. Can someone help with an NA Fairlane alternator problem?
Here's the story so far:
She broke down on the way home from a party. RACQ told me coil failed, so got towed home.
I bought an aftermarket coil from Supercheap for about $40.00, it looked the same, only the small 2 wire plug doesn't click in nicely, but it is in. Damn awkward job to fit it under the manifold!
So it worked, on the test run the battery light came on, multimeter shows not charging. I bought another alternator from a wrecker for $90.00, same problem. I bought a replacement on-board voltage reg unit from Repco for $80.00 (they just pop out with 2 screws), fitted this to the 2nd alternator still in the car, same problem. Any ideas? Is it possible the ECU is messing with the charge control signal? Cheers
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2018, 10:49 PM   #5595
Jquinny
Starter Motor

Hello!
I’m just needing some advice on a 2004 Ford Focus, 5 speed manual I am looking at buying.
I test drive it today and when I put it in reverse it beeps.
The owner says it has always done this and has no idea why. Does anyone know what this could be?
It doesn’t have reverse sensors that are visible or that I am aware of.
Jquinny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2018, 10:56 PM   #5596
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jquinny View Post
Hello!
I’m just needing some advice on a 2004 Ford Focus, 5 speed manual I am looking at buying.
I test drive it today and when I put it in reverse it beeps.
The owner says it has always done this and has no idea why. Does anyone know what this could be?
It doesn’t have reverse sensors that are visible or that I am aware of.
Hi and welcome to AFF.

Have a look in the Focus section https://fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=77

Or you could try the search function.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:13 PM   #5597
exVAG
Starter Motor

Default Ford Newbie

Is it appropriate to say hi here, or is there a thread in the general section?

Anyway, thought I'd pop in as hopefully I'll be the new owner of either a 2011 RWD with 181k kms on the clock or a 2012 AWD Territory Titanium with 213k kms on the clock.

Read through a few of the threads here, engine (TDV6) and gearbox (?) seem to be half decent, seals seem to be a bit of an intermittent issue, but otherwise generally ok depending on the TLC from previous owners.

Are there any common mechanical issues which I should look out for? Or see if there's a receipt for work done to resolve?

First impressions, decent kit/car for the money and the AWD seems to be perkier than the RWD, though both do feel heavy. Probably need to get used to that coming from a smaller car :-)
exVAG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2018, 09:14 PM   #5598
Mmm donuts
Starter Motor

Hi everyone
Thanks for the accepting eye into the world of forums, first time being on one, also a first time Ford owner. Bought my Focus LZ 12 months ago and enjoying every minute of it =) Hope to have a chat about each our cars in the near future.

Have a good one chaps/chappettes
Mmm donuts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2018, 11:07 AM   #5599
fgxr8
Starter Motor

Default Hi Ford fans.New member here.

Normally a mad mopar nut, but getting older now and fell in love with the shape of the fg xr8 (ute).I've had a good run with the new pride and joy, only to have the trans serviced, due to rev's bouncing then the next day the milkshake!!!
Sourced another zf box new radiator, lines and hoses.Drove away from mechanic
and the rev bouncing still there,i'm not one to give up easy. My thoughts are torque converter. My question is will a barra converter suit a boss 5.4.Thanks for your time and merry xmas.

Last edited by fgxr8; 21-12-2018 at 11:10 AM. Reason: wrong spot
fgxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2018, 11:36 AM   #5600
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Hi Ford fans.New member here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgxr8 View Post
Normally a mad mopar nut, but getting older now and fell in love with the shape of the fg xr8 (ute).I've had a good run with the new pride and joy, only to have the trans serviced, due to rev's bouncing then the next day the milkshake!!!
Sourced another zf box new radiator, lines and hoses.Drove away from mechanic
and the rev bouncing still there,i'm not one to give up easy. My thoughts are torque converter. My question is will a barra converter suit a boss 5.4.Thanks for your time and merry xmas.
That doesn't sound like a TC issue frankly and I equally suspect the milkshake was more a result of the trans service than anything else. The lines running through the factory cooler fracture the cores causing the milkshake and apart from normal vibration, disturbing them during servicing is a probable cause.

NO, the I6 converter won't fit as far as I am aware.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2018, 11:27 PM   #5601
fgxr8
Starter Motor

Default Re: Hi Ford fans.New member here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
That doesn't sound like a TC issue frankly and I equally suspect the milkshake was more a result of the trans service than anything else. The lines running through the factory cooler fracture the cores causing the milkshake and apart from normal vibration, disturbing them during servicing is a probable cause.

NO, the I6 converter won't fit as far as I am aware.
Thanks for the advice. Back to square one I guess !! Just have to wait for every one to come back till after Xmas. If it’s a new box that’s shifts good and drives better in performance mode than standard mode . Is that a familiar pattern for a remedy??
Thanks again.. Dale.
fgxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2018, 11:44 AM   #5602
tkb022
Starter Motor
Donating Member1

Hi everyone,

New member and first post here! Currently loving my FG EcoLPi trackday taxi and am more of a reader than a writer but thanks for adding me to this forum.
tkb022 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2018, 12:16 PM   #5603
MixedPlatforms
Starter Motor

Default Barra Futura

Good to be here.

The 2006 BF is the most modern thing I've ever owned, A/C outlet to the rear seats, outrageous!

Have had an XC with TAs, stance and a racing steering wheel in the past.

I have a long term HG too, don't judge me.

in Perth
MixedPlatforms is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-12-2018, 07:55 PM   #5604
Stotty Monster
Starter Motor

HI all, coming back to the Ford Family after 20 year break! Never owned a Ford built 4X4 but I have just purchased the new 2019 Wildtrak 2.0L. Now just wait 3 months for delivery. Cheers, Stotty.
Old 31-12-2018, 08:52 PM   #5605
AustralianCraftB
Starter Motor

Gday all,

Just purchased a 79 XD GHIA, looking forward to taking delivery and starting the rebuild.

My plan is to get it to rego stage, then once registered , I will start the real work.

I am going to have alot of dumb**** questions.

Cheers Brad

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
AustralianCraftB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2019, 11:27 PM   #5606
F250
Starter Motor

G’day everyone, I’m very new to all of this forum stuff and in fact this is the first time I have ever posted anything on the internet.(other than email). As per my user name I Drive an F250. It’s a 2005 au delivered 7.3 dual cab. I would be really interested if someone knows where I can get my hands on a service manual for the Au/Brazil trucks. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
F250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2019, 11:35 PM   #5607
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F250 View Post
G’day everyone, I’m very new to all of this forum stuff and in fact this is the first time I have ever posted anything on the internet.(other than email). As per my user name I Drive an F250. It’s a 2005 au delivered 7.3 dual cab. I would be really interested if someone knows where I can get my hands on a service manual for the Au/Brazil trucks. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Hi F250 and welcome to AFF. Ask in the F-Series and Bronco forum, someone there may be able to help.

Click here.... https://fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=243
Old 02-01-2019, 12:11 AM   #5608
Trident
Starter Motor

G'day to all the Ford guys on this site. I've been on a couple of bike sites for
nearly 20 years & decided to have a look in here for some info & relate an experience I had with my dual fuel XH ute. It's given me a heap of trouble over 7 years but I've managed to keep it going and it's just too handy to get rid of & everybody wants to borrow it to lug stuff home in. Just put a nice lockable canopy on it which I managed to finally hunt down from a wrecker on fleabay. Anyway I hope I can keep the old XH going a bit longer & with the help available in here I'm sure I can. And likewise if I come across anything relating to the upkeep of the XH I will post it up.
Trident is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2019, 11:05 AM   #5609
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by F250
You can probably still buy them through Ford but they are far from cheap. If you need something specific, PM me as I have one.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2019, 04:58 PM   #5610
CurlyCam
Starter Motor

Hi, Happy New Year!! I joined this forum yesterday. I live in Macedon Ranges Victoria. I have recently acquired an original XC Falcon with only 73,000kms. It has barely any rust and just needs a little paint and maybe some power steering and it's good to go. Looking forward to chatting with other Ford lovers. Cheers CurlyCam
CurlyCam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post: