Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 17-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #31
EVOX

Default Re: WZ Fiesta ST Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81 View Post
I've had great experiences with the Kumho KU-31. Happy to recommend them.
Likewise...
EVOX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #32
Skramit

Is it these ones?

http://www.kumho.com.au/blog/products/ecsta-spt-ku31/
Skramit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #33
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I got em on my WS Fiesta, they're a good grippy tyre
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #34
aratic

I recommended them to my sister when she needed new tyres on her Swift. Wish I hadn't because they are very noisy..
Old 17-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #35
Pursya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skramit View Post
Anyone ever tried Khumo tyres? Seem to get good reviews in the UK
Horrible tyres.
Never again.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-11-2013, 10:26 PM   #36
Skramit

So grippy but noisy hence the varying comments?
Old 18-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #37
DreadlyST

Has anybody found speakers 7 & 8 on the 8 speaker system in the ST, can only see 6 myself, 2 in each door and the 2 in the back seat???
DreadlyST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #38
ConST

I have a question. Any know if the shifter cable can be tightened up at all? I've noticed quite a bit of shifter wiggle. Or at least more than I'd like to have!
ConST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #39
Pursya

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadlyST View Post
Has anybody found speakers 7 & 8 on the 8 speaker system in the ST, can only see 6 myself, 2 in each door and the 2 in the back seat???

Have a look if there are tweeters combined in the two in the back.
They may count any double up in the space as extra speakers.
Old 18-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #40
Pursya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConST View Post
I have a question. Any know if the shifter cable can be tightened up at all? I've noticed quite a bit of shifter wiggle. Or at least more than I'd like to have!
From what people who own these beasts say I think yours needs to have a visit to a dealer ASAP.
Old 18-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #41
ConST

It's not massive amounts. I don't think mine is any worse than how it is brand new. There is some wiggle in the shifter, and I'm sure everyone will say so. I've sat in three STs, and it was present in all. It's also present in the Focus ST.

I really like the shifter to be tight, with no wiggle. I've found some steel bushings from JBR that are for the Focus ST. It's supposed to do exactly what I said: tighten up the shift. I just don't know if they fit the FiST, but seeing as though they are the same gearbox, they should.
Old 19-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #42
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Im about 1000kms in after 4 days ownership, but havent had a chance to check out the tyre pressures. Will give Front 37/Rear 33 a go, but will check what they were on before. I have a funny feeling it is 45.

I spent last night reading up on the user manual and have two things I cant figure out:

1. There is red light covers on the rear of each door. I assume these turn on somehow, when the doors are open? Are they meant to turn on or is just a reflector?? Mine dont illuminate. Can find anything in the manual or going through the vehicle settings.

2. The manual mentioned something about if the windows are open and you turn off the car then lock doors they will go up or down by holding one of the remote buttons. Like an auto open or close fuction. Either it was too early in the morning or im retarded it didnt work.

3. When I turn off the car, the radio will still stay on. Not sure it it will auto turn off when i exit the car and lock the doors.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #43
DreadlyST

Running recommend tyre pressures of 36/26 at the moment, feels alot nicer than when it was 45 all round, especially goin over those "Sleeping policemen" !!
On the lights in The doors, they are only reflectors, do not illuminate on mine.
With the windows and the key fob, pressing buttons does not open/close windows, unless somewhere there is a setting for this to operate. I had an 02 zetec Focus in the past and that was 1 of the features on that car where windows and sunroof could be opened/closed with key while unlocking/Locking the car.
Stereo in mine turns off when you kill engine and open any door. 1000ks in 4 days, have had mine 10weeks and not at 1500ks yet! Working 5 graveyard shifts a week don't help!
Old 19-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #44
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Hmm ok would have been nice if those red reflectors illuminated. The window thing i will need to check the manual again as im pretty sure it mentioned something about an auto close. Ill report back later. With the radio it definitley doesnt turn off when the engine is off. Will suss out later.
Old 19-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #45
Skramit

I tried the auto open/close windows but couldn't figure it out either. Perhaps a feature on the US model only as they get plenty of stuff the Eu model doesn't.

Couldn't find an option for it in the vehicle settings

By the way I tuned off hill start assist as it holds the brakes far too long and it causes bunny hops every time. Anyone know how to accelerate off from hill start assist without bunny hopping? I couldn't work it out.
Old 19-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #46
Swoopdown

Anyone waxed their car yet and what did you use?
Swoopdown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #47
Skramit

I got nanolex paint prot put on instead.
Old 19-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #48
GeeDubF6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoopdown View Post
Anyone waxed their car yet and what did you use?
Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0

Been a Meguiar's user for nearly 20 years - good stuff...

Old: BF MKII F6 #00390 in Breeze. Sunroof, 19" Dark Argent wheels, Reverse Sensors, Electric Pedals, Leather, FPV Mats... Ear to ear grin!!
GeeDubF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #49
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Been through the manual and it does have a section on the Global Opening/Closing on Pages 48+49, but it may only be applicable to 4 door cars. I tried it but nothing.

Edit: Searched a few other forums and it doesn't work on US or Euro spec ST's. But can possibly be programmed via the ODBII port.

Manual also doesn't mention anything about the radio turning off, as per my question in above posts. Can anyone else confirm if it is the same for them?

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 20-11-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old 20-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #50
Skramit

Turning off the engine does not turn off the radio. Opening the door does.
Old 20-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #51
DreadlyST

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA View Post
Been through the manual and it does have a section on the Global Opening/Closing on Pages 48+49, but it may only be applicable to 4 door cars. I tried it but nothing.
Prob spent the guts of an hour trying to figure out if this feature works, and it looks like it doesn't. Read all that stuff about the global opening/closing but no matter what I tried it would not do it. I can confirm though that the Bounce back feature on the windows, does work!! Disabled that feature and re-enabled it to see if it would help with the remote opening, but NO, FAIL!

When you kill the ignition, the radio goes on a timer and will turn off itself. (Haven't timed it but somewhere between 5 & 10 mins) Otherwise it turns off, when either passenger or drivers door is opened.

Another feature I found while doing some investigations, is a tyre pressure monitoring feature found in the menu, should alert you if a tyre begins to loose pressure!! as long as you activate it when the tyres are inflated to where you want them!
Old 20-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #52
DreadlyST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skramit View Post
By the way I tuned off hill start assist as it holds the brakes far too long and it causes bunny hops every time. Anyone know how to accelerate off from hill start assist without bunny hopping? I couldn't work it out.
Gentle acceleration is the key here, but if you want to floor it of the line every-time, I would suggest leaving it turned off!
Old 20-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #53
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Ok looks like mine isnt a hybrid in regards to the Radio thing. I tried it out this morning and radio turned off when I opened the door.

Yeah i stumbled upon the tyre pressure sensor thing also. Might need to redo it after checking the pressures. ie the 45PSI issue.

The hill start assist takes a bit of getting used to, but i think i got it down pat now. Works well as a launch control too.
Old 20-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #54
mrmavx
Molten Orange Maniac

Hello everybody have been talking to a ford engineer mate about the tyre pressure monitoring system, the way it works is it watches the wheel rotation speed via abs sensors and he said that it only realy tells you the tyre is flat, it will NOT let you know that pressures are a bit low as it does not see small differences in rotation speed

Mrmavx
mrmavx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #55
ConST

That's the same system most manufacturers use. They count tyre rotations. They usually work pretty well, or at least the VW system does. A drop in 5psi and it would light up the warning sign on the dash.

I don't think it will trigger off a flat only. Otherwise it's a pretty useless system.
Old 20-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #56
GeeDubF6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmavx View Post
Hello everybody have been talking to a ford engineer mate about the tyre pressure monitoring system, the way it works is it watches the wheel rotation speed via abs sensors and he said that it only realy tells you the tyre is flat, it will NOT let you know that pressures are a bit low as it does not see small differences in rotation speed

Mrmavx
I would question that theory...

When I had the new wheels fitted (day 4) the alert went off about 2 kms up the road. I did the reset trick thinking maybe the pressures were different but no change. Most of these systems work using a wireless pressure monitor in the valve - this is why changing wheels and tyres meant I had to disable this feature.

Old: BF MKII F6 #00390 in Breeze. Sunroof, 19" Dark Argent wheels, Reverse Sensors, Electric Pedals, Leather, FPV Mats... Ear to ear grin!!
GeeDubF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2013, 11:06 PM   #57
mrmavx
Molten Orange Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeDubF6 View Post
I would question that theory...

When I had the new wheels fitted (day 4) the alert went off about 2 kms up the road. I did the reset trick thinking maybe the pressures were different but no change. Most of these systems work using a wireless pressure monitor in the valve - this is why changing wheels and tyres meant I had to disable this feature.
i am only going on what he has told me so if this proves to not be correct then i will let him know that he is mistaken.

mrmavx
mrmavx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #58
Skramit

How do people rate the Bridgesrone Potenza RE050A that come on the car? How do they compare to other tyres available on the market? I don't find them overly noisy but it's hard to compare when I've only had these tyres on the car. Grip seems fine in the dry but I have had plenty of wheel spin in the wet.
Old 21-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #59
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I have found them pretty good in the wet, especially on a rainy day through Canberra's twisties. Going about 20over recommended it gripped well but one some occasions it would slip a bit. In the dry absolutley superb. I am a Bridgestone Fanboy and have used RE001 & RE002's in the past with no faults. These were replacement tyres from the OEM Pirelli P Zero Neros on the XR4. The WT fiesta comes with Conti Contact Sport 3's which were also pretty good but after 20000kms they lost any grip in the wet. If I were in need of new tyres for the ST i will be going either the RE002's in a 215/40R17 size.
Old 21-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #60
Skramit

Will wider 215 fit on the stock rim???