Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 23-02-2010, 11:43 PM   #31
shroomies49

Sweet.. people are going to hate me with the new bulbs.. Just ordered a pair of H1 & H7 from http://www.icaraccessories.com.au/

=)
shroomies49 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2010, 12:42 AM   #32
trento
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomies49
Sweet.. people are going to hate me with the new bulbs.. Just ordered a pair of H1 & H7 from http://www.icaraccessories.com.au/

=)
Those prices seem fair, although I just went into the local AutoBarn and got mine, plus the guy there is going to order in a 57i induction kit just so I can have a look at it !!!

BTW, how's little blue going???

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
trento is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2010, 12:48 AM   #33
shroomies49

no furher updates yet >< I just want it back damn it.. only had it for 2 days
Des at ford is like its a very rare thing for it to happen. why me.. blah! Maybe ill get a better engine out of it tho...
*mutters*
Old 24-02-2010, 12:58 AM   #34
shroomies49

first morning home... all so happy..

2 days later.. veryy ****ed off...just had it waxed too..
Old 25-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #35
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomies49
first morning home... all so happy..

2 days later.. veryy ****ed off...just had it waxed too..

Damn, it sucks to get dodgy car unlike this one. Hope you can get a better one! Best of luck. :
Old 01-03-2010, 09:40 AM   #36
trento
Audiophile

any update on how blue is going???

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #37
shroomies49

Talked to Des today... they are awaiting some pistons and cam cover(?)..

Hopefully i can get it back at the end of the week ><

*sigh*
Old 01-03-2010, 07:51 PM   #38
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i hope you get it back too....

i hope they are looking after you like a sore thumb!
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2010, 08:35 PM   #39
shroomies49

Angry

Update 3:

Awaiting head to return.. The major hold up atm is the cover for the timing belt, to put is "bluntly" there are apparently NONE, it could take up to another month to get one in...(if that happens shoot me i'm done) apprantly tho if push comes to shove .. they might take one out of a Fez in the yard...(Big If??)

So far for parts (if not under warranty $1000+) its only cost ford $500 approx to fix .. tack on (atm) 14hrs labour.. ($)

So it looks like I won't be getting my car back this week after all

*cry*

very disappointed...

Tenille
Old 02-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #40
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tell them they can have it Shrommies. It's a few weeks old and has crapped its self, you paid for a new car not a train wreck. Either refund you the money or give you a new car. Honestly, take it to them. Everyone expects issues with their new cars, but nothing like that. If we had lemon laws in Australia they'd gladly hand you over a new one. It's up to you but that's what I'd do. Having that happen totally blows :(
Old 02-03-2010, 10:34 PM   #41
trento
Audiophile

if you need supporters, Danny and I will back you up in our fezzas :P won't we Danny?!

Old 02-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #42
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

HAHA Sure will. Seriously, if my car blew up in the first week or so and my dealer said it would have taken a month I reckon they would have just given me a new one as the anger I would have expressed, hire car or not, would have been quite severe. Plus my dealer is awesome and they're good like that

Luckily mine has been a dream (touch wood). I hope wether you get a new one, or this one replaced, that it runs perfectly for you.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:09 PM   #43
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if our fez popped an engine with 200kms on the clock and they told me it'd be a month... my first call would be to the ombudsman while i was in the show room....

let us know how you go

why dont you ring the ombudsman and ask about your rights anyway... its always good to know
Old 02-03-2010, 11:11 PM   #44
shroomies49

mmm If i get time at work .. maybe i might.. 3 people down in a busy cafe didnt give me time to do squat today

If they are waiting for a "cam cover"... which there apprently isnt any.. why cant they just send one from EU....*sigh*
Old 02-03-2010, 11:42 PM   #45
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It took a third party supplier of European Ford parts two and a half weeks to send me parts he ordered in from Ford of Europe. Surely Ford Australia can get these parts quicker than he did, a month is ridiculous.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:41 PM   #46
Festy
WS Fiesta 5Dr Manual

This is really disgusting treatment Shroomie. Ford needs to be in major damage control at the moment.....in case you decide to take a trip to "A Current Affair". :

Quote:
it looks like the a/c belt was never fitted properly on the pulley? It was off on one side and has frayed ..
So...if I read this right. Despite the good money you put down for a "Pre-delivery Service", someone clearly didn't do their job. Sounds like someone needs to be brought to task on that one as well.
Festy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2010, 07:06 PM   #47
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

trust me a chat to the ombudsman will have this crap sorted out pretty damn quick....

the 3 times ive used them ( after getting the runaround from companies) the reply was the next day....

dont be worried, just do it!!!

and exactly what festy says... a pre delivery check.... sounds like they looked at the car from inside the office and then said that looks pretty good and then ticked off the check....
Old 03-03-2010, 07:14 PM   #48
shroomies49

They are apprently awaiting one other part that they are expecting tomorrow or friday, something to do with the valves.. I'm giving them untill Monday, before I call anyone. Been on the phone with the qford (sold me the car) customer service, shes called metro ford to find out whats happening and has given med ford CRC number to call.. CRC has been calling metro ford, Qford, me... i wonder who else i can get to call.. lol

Pretty sure they are going to take a timing belt cover off a new fez in the lot..

Tenille
Old 03-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #49
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is madness, just take a new Fiesta off the lot for yourself . I'd be pretty much demanding a brand new crate motor at the least. If anyone had of looked at the car on the pre delivery check they would have spoted a belt not on right straight up so I figure they owe you something
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #50
shroomies49

The dont' havr access to crate motos.. otherwise thats what they wouldve done
Old 03-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #51
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

shroomies... ring a ford dealer in england and ask for an eta on the stuff ford oz apparently cant get for a month... when they say a week... record it and play it back for the ombudsman or the ford dealer...
Old 03-03-2010, 09:35 PM   #52
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All parts must be avaliable for all new cars sold in Australia for 10 years I beleive?. They can't sell the cars without having spare motors. Ford AU seem to be a bit shonky on some things like this. If you were a company that had any clue you would import several motors and a few containers full of parts with every boat load of Fiesta's. If I went to my Ford dealer tomorow and said..... I want part X for a 2009 Fiesta or a new motor they would want to have a very good excuse as to why they are not able to give it to me the very next day. I can go to Holden and get every single nut and screw that goes into a VE the next day.

If they really wanted to get a motor and there was none in Australia they could have ordered one from England and had it allready, could have got one on a plane within a few days if they really wanted
Old 03-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #53
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Cam belt snaps - sad. But importantly, is the engine an interference design (i.e. bent things inside when bits get in the way), or does it all just stop happening (i.e. things spin ok but some bits just don't move coz no belt) ??
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2010, 10:52 PM   #54
shroomies49

when it "stalled",(its a bloody auto..) and i tried to restart it.. it would "wind" but not "fire". or am i missing something...
Old 03-03-2010, 10:58 PM   #55
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt
Cam belt snaps - sad. But importantly, is the engine an interference design (i.e. bent things inside when bits get in the way), or does it all just stop happening (i.e. things spin ok but some bits just don't move coz no belt) ??
Reading back in the thread at the parts mentioned, it seems valves have hit the pistons and bent/holed the pistons and damaged the head so it must be an interference engine. Otherwise it would have just been put a new belt on and drive away
Old 03-03-2010, 11:01 PM   #56
shroomies49

*dyes more blonde bits in hair*
Old 03-03-2010, 11:02 PM   #57
shroomies49

there is a reason for my "weird" posts...

I'm trying to get my posts up so i can list some Phillips Bluevision H1 H7 bulbs that i seem to have extra of..

=)
Old 03-03-2010, 11:04 PM   #58
shroomies49

i thought engines where just ... engines...

LOL

><
Old 03-03-2010, 11:31 PM   #59
Joshmcmillan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
I can go to Holden and get every single nut and screw that goes into a VE the next day.
If your going to try and talk up Holden on ford forums, at least try and make it sound realistic.

And shroom, bad luck about your car, I hope you get it back as soon as possible and hope you have happy motoring from then on

FG XR6 Turbo, 6 Speed Manual, Silhouette .

12/78 XC Ford Fairmont Project Car. (351, 5spd)
Build Thread: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11444473

1968 Ford F350 LWB Dually. 300 Six, 4 speed. Beavertail project.

Last edited by Joshmcmillan; 03-03-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Joshmcmillan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2010, 02:30 PM   #60
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's realistic, we have both a Fiesta and a Commodore, I've never failed to have a part next day ever for a Commodore. I'm not biased against any company, that's just how it is. I call the parts guy and he tells me it'll be there the next day and it allways has been. The Fiesta is a great car, but there's no use defending a company that doesn't have parts in stock just because your a Ford only fan. If someone wants to give me the money I will be happy to demonstrate a brand new 6.0 litre L98 arrive on the truck tomorrow