Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 22-07-2017, 06:25 PM   #1
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Australian woman shot dead by cop

This scumbag should be put in a general population jail and let them sort him out. America, the sickest country in the world and our politicians can't get enough. Nothing will get done, as per usual.
Old 22-07-2017, 06:40 PM   #2
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Australian woman shot dead by cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostercam View Post
This scumbag should be put in a general population jail and let them sort him out. America, the sickest country in the world and our politicians can't get enough. Nothing will get done, as per usual.
What exactly is your problem ie people have been getting shot since gun powder was invented,as for something being done pretty much the same since politicians were invented.
Old 22-07-2017, 07:25 PM   #3
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

They dun goofed and shot and killed a foreign white woman.

The chief of police has resigned over it, wouldn't get that with your standard run of the mill police shooting over there.
Old 22-07-2017, 07:41 PM   #4
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Silly thread starter. US cops are trigger happy for a reason- they have to assume everyone over there is armed. At the end of the day, each officer is someone's mum or dad, son or daughter, husband or wife, friend or colleague, and they as well as those that they know, want them to come home alive.

One innocent person dying is one too many, but how many innocent people are shot dead vs how many guilty ones? I highly doubt it's even close.

Are they trigger happy? It's hard to argue they're not. But it's not without good reason and there is a whole lot that needs to change over there other than the cops tendency to shoot first and ask questions later.
Old 22-07-2017, 09:36 PM   #5
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bit hard to not think Septic cops are trigger happy when 540 citizens have been shot dead by cops so far this year
Old 22-07-2017, 09:48 PM   #6
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Bit hard to not think Septic cops are trigger happy when 540 citizens have been shot dead by cops so far this year
How about breaking that down to how many were shot in self defence, or armed offenders, or nutters off their face on meth attacking someone?
Theres an average of about 110 cops who have died each year for the last 10 years.
But I'm in no way defending the officer who shot that woman.
2 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2017, 10:35 PM   #7
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Society where guns are allowed, including military automatic weapons.

Massive social and economic inequality, anger, and undesirables arming themselves.

No wonder the police in the USA are nervy-would you want to be a police officer in USA up against that?

Tragedy for that woman.

Thank goodness we live here-the worst that happens here by and large is an officer shaking their head writing out a ticket and saying grow up....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
This user likes this post:
Old 22-07-2017, 10:56 PM   #8
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
How about breaking that down to how many were shot in self defence, or armed offenders, or nutters off their face on meth attacking someone?
Theres an average of about 110 cops who have died each year for the last 10 years.
But I'm in no way defending the officer who shot that woman.
There is no doubt at all that a fair percentage probably got what they deserved,but it is still a big number compared to other civilised countries
Old 23-07-2017, 12:26 AM   #9
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

You would have to be at least half-crazy to become a cop in USA.
Old 23-07-2017, 02:28 AM   #10
marty351
Shenanigans..............

USA. Third world problems in a first world disguise.
Old 23-07-2017, 10:21 AM   #11
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Protocol says they should have had there body camera's on.

Why did'nt they?
Old 23-07-2017, 11:10 AM   #12
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Mayor should also resign, Noor was part of her racial diversity policy in the MPD. and it failed and an Aussie woman is dead.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ead-jumpy.html
Old 23-07-2017, 07:24 PM   #13
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
Society where guns are allowed, including military automatic weapons.

Massive social and economic inequality, anger, and undesirables arming themselves.

No wonder the police in the USA are nervy-would you want to be a police officer in USA up against that?

Tragedy for that woman.

Thank goodness we live here-the worst that happens here by and large is an officer shaking their head writing out a ticket and saying grow up....
I live in the States. I have to tell you our urban centers are cesspools. The term "septic" (yes I know what it means), really applies in some situations.

I have done a few studies of normalizing the murder rates in several of our urban centers. I discovered, once the death rates are normalized in the urban centers, then entire state matches western Europe. It is that simple. But here, when you point out the obvious you are considered a racist. Really? Why not just recognize and fix the problem? BTW, I am half Native and half Russian. I am sure there is some other stuff mixed in there.

BTW only a small hand full of people have legal, modern military weapons and have gone through Background checks and paid a $10,000 usd tax fee to posses those weapons.

I would say 99% of weapons used in the urban centers are illegal. They were either stolen or brought in from illegals from Mexico or some other illegal method.

Don't confuse commercial grade AR15s with military weapons. There are significant differences between barrels, actions and clearances. Also, the AR15 is semi auto. It does not have select fire. Semi, 3 shot bursts or full auto.

Actually, the AR15 is a very good tool for the ranchers and farmers here who fend of attacking hoards of coyotes, wolves and wild pigs. However in the hands of the wrong person, nothing good happens and really, something should be done.

Personally, I typically hunt with black powder. A single shot .50 cal Hawken. And a 6 shot Ruger .45 cal ROA. Each when loaded correctly will take down a boar or deer.

Cheers mate.

Last edited by solarite_guy; 23-07-2017 at 07:45 PM.
5 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2017, 08:28 AM   #14
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarite_guy View Post
Also, the AR15 is semi auto. It does not have select fire. Semi, 3 shot bursts or full auto.
https://youtu.be/29evY77S13M
Old 24-07-2017, 11:10 AM   #15
TRAU BLAU

Getting back to the actual grim event.This cop has freaked out & shot across his partner thru.the car door.His mental state would be in question.It's a worrying trend with the speed of human society creating a mad,mad,mad.......world!
Old 24-07-2017, 12:54 PM   #16
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
Insane that such a gun can be bought and so easily modified to be full auto.

Such a weapon should only be on the battleground.

Years ago I went hunting in Africa with my cousin, and he kicked my **** and whacked me hard in chest (literally) when I did not take care pointing barrel at ground when climbing over wire fences.

Told me what a .308 does to big game and did not want a human being so chopped up.

What society allows a gun like this to be purchased by anyone? A sane person may buy it and keep it in a gun locker safe, but if it does get in the hands of someone deranged and having a beef with the world.....

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
3 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2017, 01:17 PM   #17
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
There is no doubt at all that a fair percentage probably got what they deserved,but it is still a big number compared to other civilised countries
I'm not condoning the shooting of civilians at all.

But a Population of 323 Million where over 14% live below the poverty line will have a lot to do with it.
That and more guns than people. who would want to be a cop there
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Old 24-07-2017, 02:16 PM   #18
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
Yes, there are a lot of different kits out there.

That really shouldn't be allowed.

The barrel on an AR15 simply will not last. The barrel may hold up longer with select fire 3 shot bursts, which, really are more effective.

Probably, only the FN FALs, FN SCARS and some H&Ks are the only commercial barrels that will hold up.

So far something like that hasn't been used in one of the news breaking shootings. It is beyond me why kits like that are allowed.

That is the last thing our urban centers need.

Last edited by solarite_guy; 24-07-2017 at 02:22 PM.
Old 24-07-2017, 02:33 PM   #19
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Probably, only the FN FALs, FN SCARS and some H&Ks are the only commercial barrels that will hold up.

That is the last thing our urban centers need.

Outside military, the only time people in society should be playing with AR 15s and Scars etc is when they load up the gun and tailor it in Battlefield 4 multiplayer and play it with the subwoofer blaring when the missus is not home.

It is because the USA allows any access to such guns, and guns generally, that the USA police are so edgy and sketchy and so many shootings occur to innocents like this poor woman.

When will human ethics and sensibilities in the USA outweigh the commercial dollar?

Old 24-07-2017, 02:38 PM   #20
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
I'm not condoning the shooting of civilians at all.

But a Population of 323 Million where over 14% live below the poverty line will have a lot to do with it.
That and more guns than people. who would want to be a cop there
The "kid" next door became a cop when when he finished university some years ago. In fact I provided a reference recommendation for him. Under the Obama administration, the safety climate became very bad for all concerned. He and his fellow officers are on edge.

We have reached a bad point here.

BTW, I did not vote for Trump.
Old 24-07-2017, 03:17 PM   #21
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
Outside military, the only time people in society should be playing with AR 15s and Scars etc is when they load up the gun and tailor it in Battlefield 4 multiplayer and play it with the subwoofer blaring when the missus is not home.

It is because the USA allows any access to such guns, and guns generally, that the USA police are so edgy and sketchy and so many shootings occur to innocents like this poor woman.

When will human ethics and sensibilities in the USA outweigh the commercial dollar?
I can see where farmers and ranchers need them. The coyotes, wolves and wild pigs are a scourge.

I have 2 smokeless powder bolt action rifles, one of which is extremely accurate at very long range (.264 Win Mag). The other is an an 1891 Mauser that I use for hunting when it is raining. I also have a .44 mag I use when it is raining. Black powder is not good in the rain. I have 2 of the most accurate .22 rifles. A Marlin 39M and 39A with Williams receiver sights. I can get quail at 175 yds with them.

I just don't see the need for the rapid fire capability.

Farmers and rancher, okay and there may be other niche categories.

Some folks just should not have certain guns. Some people should not have any guns. We have an increased problem now since Obama basically invited MS13 into our country. A lot needs to be fixed here.
Old 24-07-2017, 04:54 PM   #22
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

My condolences to Justine Damond's family & friends.

Must be so heartbreaking for her parents, very unfair & lets hope the legal system over in the US delivers full justice to the Lamond family.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
4 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2017, 05:10 PM   #23
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAU BLAU View Post
Getting back to the actual grim event.This cop has freaked out & shot across his partner thru.the car door.His mental state would be in question.It's a worrying trend with the speed of human society creating a mad,mad,mad.......world!
hey thats what i heard too.. he assumed that was the bad guy? so just shoot anyway.
what a bloody idiot , for starters; if you can,t identify what you are about to shoot--hey, you don,t shoot it do you. it a disgrace imo.

solarite_guy we cant get ar15 and hand guns etc, you should have seen the stink up when the adler lever action shotgun was released onto the aussie market.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2017, 05:24 PM   #24
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
hey thats what i heard too.. he assumed that was the bad guy? so just shoot anyway.
what a bloody idiot , for starters; if you can,t identify what you are about to shoot--hey, you don,t shoot it do you. it a disgrace imo.

solarite_guy we cant get ar15 and hand guns etc, you should have seen the stink up when the adler lever action shotgun was released onto the aussie market.
Actually, in my state I can't buy an AR15 either. Really don't need need one.

Even with my bolt action rifles I never load the magazine. Just 1 round in the chamber and that is it. Something I learned when I was young in match competition and just stayed with it.

BTW. if I was a bad guy I could create more havoc with a single shot Ruger No. 1 rifle chambered for a .243 than anybody could with an AR 15. Thankfully I am not a bad guy. Something needs to be done.

I'll check out that shotgun.

Thanks

Last edited by solarite_guy; 24-07-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old 24-07-2017, 07:24 PM   #25
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:

Even with my bolt action rifles I never load the magazine. Just 1 round in the chamber and that is it. Something I learned when I was young in match competition and just stayed with it.

Thanks
i guess you,ve never been in a paddock full of rabbits then?
Old 24-07-2017, 07:39 PM   #26
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Completely out of context statement, how many of them would be very well justified? I would guess almost all of them.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 24-07-2017, 07:42 PM   #27
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's obviously 2 sides to this story and so far, we have only heard one. However, as an ex- cop myself a couple of things about this bother me...1. Why one earth would an officer have his firearm un-holstered inside the car? 2. He has then fired across the driver into the victim through the open driver's window. 3. What threat would he have reasonably perceived by a woman who has called them to her own home in the early hours of the morning dressed in her pyjamas? I think there is more to this story than what we are hearing and I think it's all going to come down on the officer who fired the shot.

PREVIOUS RIDES
AU3 VENOM RED XR8, 19" SILVER ARGENTS, REBEL BODY KIT & 6/4 BREMBOS
MARS RED FG MK2 XR6 ECOLPI, SILVER ARGENT 19" RIMS & TINT
BLOOD ORANGE BA GTP, QUAD EXHAUST, SUNROOF, CHIPPED, SS CAI, 320KW
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
VENOM GTP, HERROD EXHAUST, DVD PLAYER, WINDOW TINT, SS CAI, STEALTH
VENOM AU11 TE50, HERROD LOWERED, HEADERS AND EXHAUST
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
4 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2017, 07:43 PM   #28
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Says the expert on everything
Old 24-07-2017, 07:48 PM   #29
Pis-ton broke
Banned

all good points jajh, who shoots across the front of someone??

and 4. cameras were turn off, why?
Old 24-07-2017, 07:57 PM   #30
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
all good points jajh, who shoots across the front of someone??

and 4. cameras were turn off, why?
Cameras are not always on, they would only be turned on when they attend jobs and interact with people, in this case from what I understand they had not even gotten out of the car yet, so cameras would still be turned off, they don't drive around in cars recording their personal conversations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJH
There's obviously 2 sides to this story and so far, we have only heard one. However, as an ex- cop myself a couple of things about this bother me...1. Why one earth would an officer have his firearm un-holstered inside the car? 2. He has then fired across the driver into the victim through the open driver's window. 3. What threat would he have reasonably perceived by a woman who has called them to her own home in the early hours of the morning dressed in her pyjamas? I think there is more to this story than what we are hearing and I think it's all going to come down on the officer who fired the shot.
I also thought that there will be more to it, seems like there are massive holes in this story, so we only have a small part of the story so far.

Not saying that it was justified, but police don't go to work planning to shoot an innocent woman to ruin their own life and career. Something obviously must have happened or it was a tragic accident.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Closed Thread