Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Perth Falcons > General Discussion

Old 19-03-2008, 05:02 PM   #1
kice
STD GT3576R at is limit!

Default FG XR6T Ordered! So many questions!!

Hi,

I am in Perth, I have just ordered my Nitro M6 FG XR6T with Luxary pack. I am just organsing a few basic mods which I want done at the moment pretty much effective as of the day I pick it up. I was thinking about getting 5th Dimension but hearing from other people how crap it is, ill save my 2.7k and spend it on mods.

Insurance is gonna be the big pickle as still being 19 years old, does anyone recommend someone else other than Just Car? I think Just Car is all I could find which would insure me but they have quite expensive excess...

Does anyone know what kind of globe the headlights will have on the new FG series? Is is the same as the prior BF series? I already have a HID conversion kit but I need to get the correct globes. From what I gather only 4500k is streetlegal on WA roads but I am thinking of getting 8000K or 12000K for the blue to match my car colour. Any recommendations?

Also I am looking at putting a turbo-timer in as soon as possible, does anyone know of a good place to get it fitted and any recommendation on which brand I should go? I heard theres lots of problems involved with immobilisers!

What about BOV, are they benefitial to get done aswell or not really recommended? What brands etc? From what I heard "its rice racer crap"

Is the stock intercooler any good? If not what should I get put onto it and does it void warranty if I do that. Thats the thing I am not sure about putting a intercooler, boost controller, flash, exhuast and heavyier mods at the begining because I want to run in the engine decently and make sure there is no problems under warranty first.

When I was ordering mine I wanted to order without a spoiler, they would not let me do it, so where would be a good place to get it removed?

Also as for the run in goes, I have heard three methods. what is the best?

A. Drive it like you stole it
B. Easy run in(gentle)
C. Dynod

Fuel wise I guess I will go with 98 octane fuel, is that good considering that the engine spec'd with 95 pulp?

I was considering getting 20-30% tint but after hearing horror stories that insurance companys wont pay up if you crash, should I avoid this? How does yellow sticker work, if four windows are defected can I just get a yellow licky for just tints? Because as far as i know, only illegal things ill have is HID and tints.

Is there anything else worth getting pretty much immediatly that does not void warranty?

Last edited by kice; 19-03-2008 at 05:05 PM. Reason: added a few things
kice is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2008, 05:07 PM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Few Questions you've got.

A) Delete Spoiler - cant be done, and to do it youll need a new boot or to get the old one welded up (holes) and repainted.
B) Run In - Theres a good run in proceedure on the FPV website, follow it!
C) Turbo Timer - Isn't required, its a waste of time and will require hacking into wiring looms which could cause troubles later.
D) Don't waste ur time with paint protection or interior protection, you can do this yourself with some decent polishes / products.
E) Just cars is the cheapest ive found, although AAMI their under writer can be cheaper in some cases.

cheers.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2008, 05:14 PM   #3
Kryton

ask the insurer what mods they will accept before you do them.
changing anything like BOV, intercoolers etc will VOID your factory warranty as well.
being one of the first of a new series, your warranty could become more important than you may think.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2008, 05:23 PM   #4
kice
STD GT3576R at is limit!

thanks for your help,
hmmm so id have to buy a painted boot of a XT or something. Why cant they just swap it from factory, wont it save them money without the spoiler.

so dont get a turbo timer, but i should still let my engine idle for 30-60 seconds before swithcing off or what?

that just leaves tints, hid and fuel question.
Old 19-03-2008, 05:25 PM   #5
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by kice
thanks for your help,
hmmm so id have to buy a painted boot of a XT or something. Why cant they just swap it from factory, wont it save them money without the spoiler.

so dont get a turbo timer, but i should still let my engine idle for 30-60 seconds before swithcing off or what?

that just leaves tints, hid and fuel question.
The turbos are oil cooled, so no you don't need to run the car to cool the turbo down. But if you give it a hard time it doesn't hurt.

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
vandrsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2008, 05:48 PM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Why cant they just swap it from factory, wont it save them money without the spoiler.
Not necessarily, plants need to run efficiently and if every car had special options or deletions beyond the regular options, it would become incredibly hard to ensure every car was built correctly without making a mistake (and accidentally fitting a spoiler to a car specced without one for example). It would take time to manage and extra personnel to ensure it was done properly. There'd also be potential extra cost in lost time from misbuilds and even lost cost in fitting parts and not charging for them if they slipped thorugh the cracks. Seems like a good idea but isn't always as clear cut as it may sound.

Easiest way for you to do it would be to remove it and bog up the holes then respray, unless you can buy an XT bootlid and re-spray that.
Old 19-03-2008, 05:55 PM   #7
Kryton

why not ask the dealer if you can do a straight swap if he has an XT in stock of the same colour?
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2008, 07:17 PM   #8
kice
STD GT3576R at is limit!

doubt ud be able to get nitro on a XT though... i think its an XR6 colour.. would be a good idea though...

so what about the tints and HID, anyone got idas for that ?
Old 19-03-2008, 08:34 PM   #9
dandandandan

my opinion don't do anything if you're not sure about it.

because if anything happens to your car with the illegal tint and HID's and you get a canary you'll be spending more money bringing it back to stock.

Just keep the car stock. Its not like you're driving a BA where there are heaps on the road and you want to differentiate. It's a brand new FG XR6T. it'll turn heads either way.

BA MKII XR6T, Vixen, Leather, Sunroof.
Stock as a rock... Till after xmas :evil3:
dandandandan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2008, 09:15 PM   #10
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Darkest Legal tint is fine, all you need. Any more not only attracts too much attention but is impractical to see out of safely at night.
Old 24-03-2008, 12:26 PM   #11
PHANTMXR6
It's not an FG MKI.......

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 
Default How much.

Did you get quoted a price when you ordered your car?
Did it include on roads or just the car?
If so how much and who was the dealer?
PHANTMXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 05:22 PM   #12
zetec
Zoom Zoom

phantmxr6 the answer would be no, since pricing is not available even to Dealers yet. It's not confirmed by Ford yet, there's no media reports and the website isn't updated.
Old 25-03-2008, 05:30 PM   #13
gtfpv
GT

your post is all over the place.
i have a few questions for you.
you want a faster xr6t. why didnt you buy a typhoon??
you want to know who will insure your car. with illigal mods , like light globes, why bother paying an insurance company? save your money, no point giving them a donation.
you want to mod it why. ??? its going to be awesome from factory. i say drive it for a while before you even think about mods . then maybe do cosmetics only.
congrats on your purchase , you are one lucky 19 year old . keep it that way, keep it stock. have a talk to your dad, or your uncle .
the car will be awesome dude.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 08:08 PM   #14
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

It will have the same power as my brand new F6 Rspec. Keep it stock at least for the first year if you can hold out that long. I would hope that the things that are going to die will die in that time and you can do warranty claims. As soon as you change something goodbye warranty. No one even knows if these things can be edited yet anyway do they?
PHATAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2008, 08:10 PM   #15
PHANTMXR6

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 
Smile Too much money

I'm looking at either the turbo6 or the XR8 also.
Being 19 and able to afford a car that you don't even know how much will cost you, and I can only imagine the insurance premium on a standard boosted car at that age.
Dude you must be loaded!

I have a contact at a dealer in Perth who tells me that yes, they won't know pricing until 4 weeks before the official sale date. And also the dealers across the country don't know what vehicles they will be getting in the first batch either.
The factory won't be taking orders until a month after the official release date either.
I can only imagine that the delay in taking orders would be to get the new car out there and see what the public demand is going to be.

The ford website will be releasing more info tomorrow 26/03 so I'll be keeping a close eye on that site tomorrow.

Good luck with your car, just don't crash it as all our premiums will go up.
Old 28-03-2008, 04:00 PM   #16
kice
STD GT3576R at is limit!

Default my price

I got it for $42,990 RRP based on the old pricing. The pricing went up yesterday and since the contract is signed etc they sorta let me have it at the old price which is a saving of 2500$ but I signed my contract 09 03 08.

I got pretty much all the extras

Nitro Paint
Luxuary pack,
Technology pack,
Safety Pack,
Full Size Spare,
Leather Steering Wheel,
XR8 Bonnet Buldge,
Matching Matts,
Reversing System,
Reverse Camera.

Thats it from memory.
Old 28-03-2008, 06:05 PM   #17
PHANTMXR6

Smile

That doesn't make sense mate.
Did you sign up for a new FG or a discounted BF2?
If it was for an FG what was the total drive away price including all your options and which dealer did you go through.
Since when did Ford offer the power bulge bonnet as an option on any models?
Did they give you an expected delivery date?

I'm fishing with a couple of dealers at the moment waiting for my quote to come through.

XR6T Winter white or lightning strike.
Towpack, dashmats, floormats, premium audio, alloy spare and engine oil cooler.

Can't wait.......
Old 28-03-2008, 06:18 PM   #18
kice
STD GT3576R at is limit!

It's not really an option, I was literally begging for it. I was lucky one guy who also ordered, had the same colour but XR8, he doesnt like the bulge so its gonna be straight swap with the hoods.

I signed for a FG but the price was of a BF2. Technically they were supposed to increase the price by 2500-3000 what ever the new price is but they decided not to.

I dont really think they would do that now though because pricing is out.

I guess im just lucky I ordered earlier I guess.

Is engine oil cooler still an option and why was I not told about it? I thought they were scrapped along with the sunroof etc.? Is it that much greater to have the oil cooler ? How much is it?

I cant find my invoice, this is from meory

42990 Car

19" x 8" XR 5-spoke alloy spare wheel $250

Reverse sensing system $500
Reverse camera $500
Technology Pack - iPod Integration and Bluetooth® mobile phone integration $400

XR Luxury Pack - leather trim sports seats, premium audio system with 7" colour screen,
AM/FM radio, 6-disc in-dash CD and 8 speakers plus 150 watt amplifier and sub-woofer (total 262 watts),
dual zone automatic climate control,
19" x 8" XR 5-spoke alloy wheels^ and premium sports interior appearance.
$5000

Floor Mats + mudflaps $300

Safe Pack $300

Stamp Duty $2665
Third Party $250
Registration $500
Dealer Delivery $1500

$55000 all up roughly

$57700 including the 5th dimension which i think im cancelling because everyone says its

Last edited by kice; 28-03-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 28-03-2008, 07:31 PM   #19
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
It's not really an option, I was literally begging for it. I was lucky one guy who also ordered, had the same colour but XR8, he doesnt like the bulge so its gonna be straight swap with the hoods.
Not possible to fit a normal hood to an XR8.... so it's going to cost them even more or potentially cost you. Best to check this one...
Old 28-03-2008, 09:01 PM   #20
kice
STD GT3576R at is limit!

I want that hood, paying for it if i have to ;)
Old 28-03-2008, 09:34 PM   #21
kice
STD GT3576R at is limit!

how much is the transmission and engine oil cooler worth? I might amend my order?
Old 29-03-2008, 11:19 AM   #22
PHANTMXR6

Default Oil cooler price

Someone has posted a $200 price tag for the engine oil cooler in another thread.
As for the trans cooler, they come standard with an auto tranny but are an upgradable recommendation if fitting the 2300kg heavy duty towpack.
I don't think they do a cooler for the manual. Not required.
Old 29-03-2008, 06:28 PM   #23
EL8TED
It all counts

i agree with most others , focus on insurance as your main priority. A new flash car is no good if it gets written off , and unless you have more money than sense that will be a fianacial headache for you. Nobody is very aware of exactly what the new FG series will be like , so wait until some of the tuning shops have been able to play with them ... then prices will cool down on aftermarket mods as well. enjoy the new car for what it is, a very expensive and prestige piece of motor vehcile and something most guys your age or double your age will never own or get to drive. so dont be foolish with the good fortunes you are buying into.
Old 31-03-2008, 02:22 AM   #24
Elmo
Perth Falcons Admin

keep it on topic gents, Kice is asking for advice give advice or congratulations to him for being able to get the car or stay the hell out of his thread! Simple really.

Your personal issues between each other can stay in PM's or I can ask one of the AFF admins to help you.

Thread has been cleaned up, dont care if you like it or not.

Have a nice day

And your a lucky fella Kice, I'd just enjoy the car as it is when you first get it for a bit get used to it so to speak.
Old 31-03-2008, 02:43 AM   #25
kice
STD GT3576R at is limit!

thanks elmo :P

any cruises in perth ford specific which are held? I would definatly be attending :P
Old 31-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #26
mark70920
BA MKII XT

Kill the 5th dimesison for sure , I got when I brought my BA MK2 Turbo , the car looked great , but when I was in an accident and had a door skin replaced there was zero difference in look (I felt mightly ripped off). 55k all up mmm you could drove away in a BF2 R spec for 57K with the same power a little more torque and a fairly collectable car to boot. Still as long as your happy.
Don't mod it for a least a year , enjoy driving it and you will know exactly want more you want out of it by then
mark70920 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 12:48 AM   #27
Elmo
Perth Falcons Admin

Quote:
thanks elmo :P

any cruises in perth ford specific which are held? I would definatly be attending :P
yes mate our club holds one a month check our forum regulary for details.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:19 AM   #28
kice
STD GT3576R at is limit!

yeah but the R spec wont be a new shape :(
Old 01-04-2008, 03:35 AM   #29
RS350
Custom User Title Title

Have you tried RAC for insurance, im only 20 and its only $1700 for the Xr8 so might be worth giving them a call.
RS350 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 03:26 PM   #30
BA RTV V8

FG ford pricing from ford. Enjoy

FG Falcon sedan pricing:

XT from $36,490 – with the highest torque output of any naturally aspirated six-cylinder engine in its class, automatic climate control and a host of advanced and user-friendly features, the XT sets a new standard for overall vehicle package in the large car class.
G6 from $39,990 – with five-speed automatic transmission and a host of standard luxury features for a sub-$40K entry price, the G6 is an affordable entry to Ford's sports luxury G Series range
G6E at $46,990 – with ZF six-speed automatic transmission, leather seat trim and reverse camera as standard equipment, the G6E provides an unmatched combination of performance, fuel efficiency, luxury and safety.
G6E Turbo at $54,990 – with the latest generation I6 Turbo powerplant delivering unparalleled engine performance and outstanding fuel efficiency, the G6E Turbo sets a new benchmark for Australian sports luxury
XR6 from $39,990 – with a choice of six-speed manual, five-speed automatic or six-speed automatic transmissions, and 17-inch, 18-inch or 19-inch alloy wheels, the XR6 has something to offer every sports customer
XR6 Turbo from $45,490 – with pricing and core specifications now matched to the XR8, Ford's high-performance XR models present an unrivalled two-pronged attack on the large car sports market.
XR8 from $45,490 – with its signature bonnet power bulge, new Boss 290 V8 engine and unsurpassed sporty exhaust note courtesy of its unique-to-the-Australian auto industry Semi-Active Muffler, the XR8 remains the first choice for V8 performance fans.
In addition to the realignment of models and specifications, the range of stand alone options has been rationalised to offer customers a more concise options list with sharp, competitive pricing, while still enabling plenty of scope for personalising their vehicle.

The FG Falcon range also sees the introduction of a number of new option packs, which combine specific key items to make them easily accessible and provide even better value to customers.

The Technology Pack, which is available on XT, G6 and across the XR range, combines Bluetooth mobile phone integration with iPod Integration for a recommended retail price of $450 – a comparable price to the stand alone Bluetooth systems offered by competitors, but which in turn are not available with full iPod integration and audio system functionality.

The Safety Pack ties together side curtain airbags, power adjustable pedals (automatic transmission models only) and a perimeter alarm on the same selected models, for a recommended retail price of $600. Side curtain airbags are also available as a stand alone option for just $300.

The XR Luxury Pack combines a host of key features that enables XR customers to specify their vehicle to a greater luxury level – the pack includes leather seat trim, dual zone climate control, Premium audio system, sports steering wheel and interior finishes, and 19-inch alloy wheels.

On the XR6 the XR Luxury Pack is available with an RRP of $5,400 (a "+2" wheel size increase from the standard 17-inch alloy wheels), while on the XR6 Turbo and XR8 models the RRP is $5,00
BA RTV V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post