Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-04-2021, 07:44 PM   #1
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Welcome New aufalcon.com Members - Say Hello Here

give her time
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-07-2021, 03:23 PM   #2
SlaminSam
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome New aufalcon.com Members - Say Hello Here

Hello all,

Introduced myself in join up link but, yeah I have an AU1 on the way to my address very soon. It was a one owner since new vehicle with a full service history.

Looking forward to continuing to care for a car that's very well looked after even 20+yrs later.

I know alot of the first things to do should be preventative maintenance, so I will scoure the AU sub area of this forum or feel free to point me in the best direction.

Thanks again..
SlaminSam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-09-2021, 10:07 AM   #3
John B
Starter Motor

Can anybody show any info on how to fit an AU11 Factory Bullbar . I have the bar but I DONT SEE HOW THEY MOUNT ON as to mounting brackets ect. I was sold bar by a bloke that showed photos of bar on AU11 and he stated it just bolts on . I think the seller has not supplied the correct bar and or brackets . Please can some one assist thanks John B.
John B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-09-2021, 10:35 AM   #4
John B
Starter Motor

Yes I introduced myself twice yesterday but cant see it anywhere .I am John have fg 2014 eco lpi ,fg cab chassis ,bf11 wagon and AU11 Wagon I WAS A Beater, painter and mech old school falcons comfort and strength. Nice to meet you all.
John B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-09-2021, 11:50 AM   #5
lautista
Starter Motor

Default Returning to the fold

Hey all,

Just made a nice lockdown purchase - 75th anniversary Fairlane Ghia that was within the 5km zone

With all the chat around the EV future, I felt the time was right to return to the Ford V8 fold (previously owned EB2 XR8 five-speed and an AU 220 five-speed).

It's a cruiser, the family calls it 'The Barge' which fits, but looking forward to giving it some subtle upgrades over time and surprising some people!

Original owner kept a full log of dates, costs and parts among a full stamped service history - it's been really nicely cared for and I intend to keep it that way... mostly ;)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9248.jpg (125.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9249.jpg (141.0 KB, 15 views)

Previous:
XY Fairmont 250 (first car)
EB2 XR8
AU3 XR8 220
lautista is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2021, 12:33 PM   #6
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 
Default Re: Returning to the fold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lautista View Post
Hey all,

Just made a nice lockdown purchase - 75th anniversary Fairlane Ghia that was within the 5km zone

With all the chat around the EV future, I felt the time was right to return to the Ford V8 fold (previously owned EB2 XR8 five-speed and an AU 220 five-speed).

It's a cruiser, the family calls it 'The Barge' which fits, but looking forward to giving it some subtle upgrades over time and surprising some people!

Original owner kept a full log of dates, costs and parts among a full stamped service history - it's been really nicely cared for and I intend to keep it that way... mostly ;)
Nice pickup lautista. Looks to be a mighty fine example. Welcome back.

Cheers
Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2021, 02:12 PM   #7
lautista
Starter Motor

Cheers! Love your thread by the way - some inspiration!

Previous:
XY Fairmont 250 (first car)
EB2 XR8
AU3 XR8 220
lautista is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2021, 08:07 AM   #8
daddyduck
Starter Motor

Hi my name is Jeff and I own a au11 Fairmont with 80,500km on the clock.
daddyduck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2021, 07:56 PM   #9
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyduck View Post
Hi my name is Jeff and I own a au11 Fairmont with 80,500km on the clock.
Welcome Daddyduck.

That is some pretty low Ks for any AU. Well done.

I hope you enjoy the content on this site. There is a wealth of information and some pretty damn good people too.

Cheers
Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 17-02-2022, 12:03 PM   #10
markb0811
Starter Motor

Hi all first time here, I have a AU II Ford xr6 done 145,000 Blue with a lid just wondering what there worth nowadays, I have been told there rare and at first look through carsales etc it seems thats true but does that equate to a higher price vs what the red book says?
markb0811 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2022, 01:16 PM   #11
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb0811 View Post
Hi all first time here, I have a AU II Ford xr6 done 145,000 Blue with a lid just wondering what there worth nowadays, I have been told there rare and at first look through carsales etc it seems thats true but does that equate to a higher price vs what the red book says?
So many factors come into it, options, general condition mechanically and the paints condition, auto or manual..........

Even then I wouldn't say they are "rare" or worth a lot. I've seen great condition low km manual ones selling for 10k and not so great ones for 3k.
Old 02-05-2022, 11:10 PM   #12
NTHRS
Starter Motor

Hi All,
My name is Len and I am in the process of buying my neighbours XR8 with TE50 body kit and 17" mags- only 4. How hard is it to get a 17" mag for a spare that isn't necessarily a Tickford one? Lots of info I have read on other stuff, looking forward to really getting into this car. I love in Townsville in NTH QLD. Cheers,
NTHRS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2022, 08:34 PM   #13
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTHRS View Post
Hi All,
My name is Len and I am in the process of buying my neighbours XR8 with TE50 body kit and 17" mags- only 4. How hard is it to get a 17" mag for a spare that isn't necessarily a Tickford one? Lots of info I have read on other stuff, looking forward to really getting into this car. I love in Townsville in NTH QLD. Cheers,
HI Len.

Welcome to the AU area of Ford Forums.

Finding 17" rims should not be too hard, depending on what rims you have and if you are looking for the same spare. The most difficult part will be just buying one. Most rims are sold in sets.

My suggestion is to get onto marketplace or gumtree and search for '17" ford rims'.

Good luck,
Stu

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 13-10-2023, 02:17 PM   #14
Coops
Coops

Hello All

Just bought a 98 Series 1 XR6. One time dealers demo car and well optioned, runs like a dream, just has a little cosmetic work to be taken care of

Coops
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AU XR6 Tickford.jpg (125.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg AU XR6 Tickford-2.jpg (124.9 KB, 7 views)
Coops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2023, 11:08 PM   #15
Fitter4
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome New aufalcon.com Members - Say Hello Here

Hi, Fitter4 here. I'm a fitter of over 30 years experience, mainly machine tool repairs and building. I was recently given Ron, a 2002 AU Ute, by an old mate. Ron had some body damage in the rear right so I immediately sorted that out and gave him a fresh coat of paint. Waiting on my head being done with a valve regrind and double spring install. Then Ron is getting a stage 3 Crow cam, Pacemaker headers and J3 chip. And so it begins. More soon.

Cheers!
Fitter4
Fitter4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2024, 08:54 AM   #16
adriantillin

Hi all,

I've just joined the forum but have been using the resources for a few years now (very very helpful 👍). I own a 2000 Ford Fairmont Ghia 75th Anniversary fitted with the Tickford straight 6. Only had two owners including me and in immaculate condition.

Cheers Adrian
adriantillin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: