Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 08-06-2006, 12:27 PM   #1
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Dead Spot

Hi Chris, not sure if this is a problem or just normal, in WOT conditions 1st gear then throwing it to 2nd, on occasions the car seems to starve / die for a very split second where it iether lacks fuel / air or maybe some thing else I'm not sure.

Is it that it is just to high in the rev range and a limiter cutting in or is this a known and fixable problem.

Thanks for any help
Pete

Chris its the 4 speed SSS auto and i drive it 100% in manual mode.

DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 12:53 PM   #2
Chris
AFF.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Hi Chris, not sure if this is a problem or just normal, in WOT conditions 1st gear then throwing it to 2nd, on occasions the car seems to starve / die for a very split second where it iether lacks fuel / air or maybe some thing else I'm not sure.

Is it that it is just to high in the rev range and a limiter cutting in or is this a known and fixable problem.

Thanks for any help
Pete

Hey Doc,

I notice that the auto's if you get them in an awkward situation road speed and RPM wise, putting the foot down causes a scenario where the car

wont kick down, and
doesn't have the torque to pull away.

I noticed this in particular when my car was relatively mild - the more grunt the more this is eliminated - there is a slightly different kickdown mode i use in the software that does make it a lot more liveable, but its just an unfortunate part of life with these wide ratio boxes.

Take care man.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 02:01 PM   #3
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Hey Doc,
putting the foot down causes a scenario where the car
wont kick down, and
doesn't have the torque to pull away.
Thanks Chris, when this happens its in full throttle pulling hard as nails and its when i hit the next gear it seems to die a little ( a lot like a big void before hitting stride again ) , but sounds like the edit will be on the cards so look forward to catching up when i next run over to Vic.

Thanks
Pete
Old 08-06-2006, 06:23 PM   #4
dute
SLYME UTE

Go for it Doc you will love it......
Old 08-06-2006, 07:19 PM   #5
Mr. CVE
If it aint Blown it Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC

Thanks for any help
Pete

It is fixeable, mine did it, but doesn't anymore :
320 rwkw, 810 nm torque, 280rwkw @3000 rpm !! :thebirds:
Now for sale
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11296772

Thanks to Snort Performance, Headsex and CVE
Street car DeTomaso Pantera
Drag car 1995 Mustang, Haleys Comet ( It's back !)
Power by CVE
Melbourne's first SNIPER Tuner :
Now tuning E series
Mr. CVE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 07:46 PM   #6
Headsex
headsexTuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8capri
It is fixeable, mine did it, but doesn't anymore :
Yeah, Must be that "HeadSxTuned" sticker on the back
Headsex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 07:55 PM   #7
Headsex
headsexTuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Thanks Chris, when this happens its in full throttle pulling hard as nails and its when i hit the next gear it seems to die a little ( a lot like a big void before hitting stride again ) , but sounds like the edit will be on the cards so look forward to catching up when i next run over to Vic.

Thanks
Pete
Hi Pete,

Without knowing what car you have, I assume its the Torque reduction during shift is what your describing. This is done to remove some engine torque during a shift to keep the box alive.

This can be removed, but at a expensive of reducing the life of your box. Sure, Increasing shift preasures counter measures this somewhat, but at the end of the day, when you increase the torque generated by the motor to a box that can only handle so much, somethings gotta give sometime

I reduced, and turned of torque reduction on many cars depending on customers prefrence, i just warn them about turning it off what will/can happen.

Ironically, Saying that, one customer of mine has a stock box in his Persuit pushing 300rwkw with torque reduction totally turned off... His box has been great so far, and the smiles i get from him when 2nd gear kicks him sideways is worth every cent

Danny
Headsex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 09:36 PM   #8
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks all, i will try a shift a bit lower down ( just before it starts to scream ) to see if helps ( until the edit ).

Pete
Old 15-06-2006, 04:30 PM   #9
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Doc, i would say it is just the REV LIMITER, if it feels as though you are going to be thrown over the bonnet when it happens, its probably that.
My rev limiter is going to be moved up higher when i get it tuned next time so it should keep me out of a neck brace for a while :hihi:
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post