Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Falcon GT club of SA > General Discussion

Old 12-05-2014, 09:45 AM   #1
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default rotisserie

thought people would be interested in this I just bought one cheap price http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TOMAHAWK-...item3ce13e8a8e

Old 12-05-2014, 10:24 AM   #2
XBCoupeNZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: rotisserie

$345 for that from a trader with no trading history?

Let us know if it turns up.

*getting cynical in my old age sorry*

"Target acquired .... target engaged ..... TARGET ANGRY!!!"
XBCoupeNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2014, 10:42 AM   #3
ianxy351
more cubes please...

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his technical knowledge with members. 

Thats very cheap. I paid more than that for steel for mine (which is still laid out on the shed floor waiting to be welded together!)
1967 FJ40 Landcruiser 'Rusty'
ianxy351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2014, 10:55 AM   #4
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBCoupeNZ View Post
$345 for that from a trader with no trading history?

Let us know if it turns up.

*getting cynical in my old age sorry*
Sorry, but I'm with him on this.
That is rediculously cheap. Hope you receive it as pictured.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2014, 11:19 AM   #5
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

It says free freight as well. I assume that isn't correct as I just did a freight quote to me and it was near enough to $400.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #6
lilmattie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I really hope it comes through! That's incredibly cheap if it does...

Hopeful - but I won't be ordering one at least until yours arrives.
lilmattie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-05-2014, 01:34 PM   #7
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

worth the risk as I payed with pay pal . so we shall see
Old 12-05-2014, 03:15 PM   #8
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just got a email from ebay saying that the listing has been removed ....but im still getting mine I guess they put up the wrong price....so fingers crossed I think I might have just got lucky
Old 12-05-2014, 03:21 PM   #9
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenl5l View Post
just got a email from ebay saying that the listing has been removed ....but im still getting mine I guess they put up the wrong price....so fingers crossed I think I might have just got lucky
Yeah had that happen before, you'll get your money back not the item.
Better luck next time.

JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2014, 05:06 PM   #10
XBCoupeNZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I really hope you got it for that price. It would be the buy of the year.

Good luck

"Target acquired .... target engaged ..... TARGET ANGRY!!!"
XBCoupeNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2014, 11:45 AM   #11
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

How did you go mate? Hoping it turned out well for you, or at least get your coin back.

Would be awesome if you scored it for that price. Ebay cannot force the seller to sell at that price though.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2014, 01:10 PM   #12
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

still waiting , giving it until tomorrow . ebay can't (wont) but under Australian consumer law goods must be sold at the advertised price , also they have taken my money so must supply but im not holding my breath its gonna be a ****** fight I will be ringing consumer afairs in qld and possibly the police just for fun
Old 20-05-2014, 03:16 PM   #13
lilmattie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Go get 'em Dave. Let us know how you go.
lilmattie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2014, 07:30 PM   #14
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Quote:
still waiting , giving it until tomorrow . ebay can't (wont) but under Australian consumer law goods must be sold at the advertised price , also they have taken my money so must supply but im not holding my breath its gonna be a ****** fight I will be ringing consumer afairs in qld and possibly the police just for fun
I am going through an eBay dispute right now. Very happy that I used Paypal as the seller is so full of you know what. Every message I get is flat out lies. Am glad that I got over hating on Paypal: use it for everything now.
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2014, 10:43 AM   #15
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well got my money back from pay pal then ended up buying a near new tomahawk 4500lb rotisserie on gumtree in Adelaide for $600 it had only been used for a short period on a holden (ha waste of time and money) some of it still had the bubble wrap on it so pretty happy
Old 08-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #16
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Out of interest, does anyone have a rotisserie for sale?
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #17
Claytopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
Out of interest, does anyone have a rotisserie for sale?
I will in about a years time once my coupe comes back from the panel beater...

I was going to build my own. I found a plan online, priced up the materials (rhs, rams, castors, bolts etc) and for only $150.00 more I could buy one. Knowing I would have spent at least 2 days cutting and welding it all together I paid the extra $150. Armed with hindsight I would make my own next time.

I won't says who's it was but I got the 900 kg rotisserie with large wheels, the wheels were a joke (and not funny at that) only one of the four held any air but leaked as soon as you put it under load.

I went to the local agg supplier (yay finally a benifit of living in a country town) and got 4 x 500kg solid castors (another $150), they ended up being 16mm too low which caused problems with the 3rd fixed/support castor. Thank god for 16mm MDF, I just cut some spacers got some longer bolts and fixed that problem.

Some of the other issue I had was getting the locking pin to engage in the locking plate, It seemed that it needed a bit more clearance so after trying 3mm wire and 6mm rod I "acquired" one of my wife's 4mm wire pot plant hangers and wrapped it around the shaft of the rotating stand between the locking plate and the lifting stand and that fixed that problem.

Then need to cut some dog leg plates to mount to the front bumper holes due to the lip on the chassis rail, unfortunately they dropped down too low so I had to invert the rotating stand so that the T swing arm could be pulled up high enough to balance the shell on the rotisserie.

None of them were major problems all easily solved, I just feel had I made my own I may not have encountered them. I have heard of people getting two heavy duty ending stand and modifying them to make a rotisserie, In the end your the one that need to be happy with it.
Claytopia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post