Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 23-01-2019, 10:42 PM   #91
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: Falcon GTHO Revived

The HG is a very special "finish" to some that are/were very invested in the Tickford to FPV/Premcar linage and for others I expect just like to have something that is closest to OE spec full stop.
Some owners of these LE models are very interested, in fact I know of 2 going ahead myself purely based on that fact.
All comes down to choices and yes some, who don't even own one of those models can't relate to it, not just about the dollars it will cost but opening an original Miami, it takes all types.
No matter that its not a finished approved OE product to some Premcar is close to their hearts and the trust they have knowing the company these cars backwards/better than any other Aftermarket company full stop is part of the draw and the OE style finish to it is what some owners wish for.
There's alot behind the reasons why the intercooler and the rest didn't get finished off but its not for me to disclose what little I know of but just that it makes sense to some and thats it.
Its backed by Premcar, there was a GTF mule/Sprint but more so the closure ran this out of time.
I also don't think any owner thinks it would add value to their pride and joy but only to themselves, I can only imagine what my manual Sprint would feel like having this fitted to my Miami - done properly no disrespect to some Tuners I have known for a long time.
You don't have to add on their wheel set, coil overs etc thats your call again.
Most WTYS are about done but for those who may extend but they wouldn't be considering this in the first place, others have already re checked their Insurance, Premcar covers their work thats good enough for those moving ahead, their dollars their machine.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
5 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2019, 12:31 AM   #92
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well said FTE, you’ve just about hit the nail on the head.

If people spend $10K, 20k, 30K on modding a Mustang nothing will be said.

Here we have a well engineered package from people who were contractors to Ford. One of the reasons this didn’t proceed was that Ford were going ahead with closing down manufacturing.

This is Australian and will do well, I can see some major motoring press covering this. The majority of those getting a package won’t care it hasn’t been signed off by Ford, the fact it’s Premcar with Bernie Quinn involved is more than enough for these people.
Old 24-01-2019, 01:05 AM   #93
DASTIG

I was speaking to Bowe at the Bathurst 1000 legends dinner. He absolutely raved about these mods to me when he found out I had a Sprint. Wish I had more time to discuss with him but that would have upset the 50 odd people behind me that also wanted to have a chat and get stuff signed on the night.

He stated to me he would get the mods done on his car without question. They are a great engineering team.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2019, 11:24 AM   #94
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534 View Post
Well said FTE, you’ve just about hit the nail on the head.

If people spend $10K, 20k, 30K on modding a Mustang nothing will be said.

Here we have a well engineered package from people who were contractors to Ford. One of the reasons this didn’t proceed was that Ford were going ahead with closing down manufacturing.

This is Australian and will do well, I can see some major motoring press covering this. The majority of those getting a package won’t care it hasn’t been signed off by Ford, the fact it’s Premcar with Bernie Quinn involved is more than enough for these people.
That's fine and its up to the owners, but don't expect added value or any return on investment.
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Old 24-01-2019, 05:08 PM   #95
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
The HG is a very special "finish" to some that are/were very invested in the Tickford to FPV/Premcar linage and for others I expect just like to have something that is closest to OE spec full stop.
Some owners of these LE models are very interested, in fact I know of 2 going ahead myself purely based on that fact.
All comes down to choices and yes some, who don't even own one of those models can't relate to it, not just about the dollars it will cost but opening an original Miami, it takes all types.
No matter that its not a finished approved OE product to some Premcar is close to their hearts and the trust they have knowing the company these cars backwards/better than any other Aftermarket company full stop is part of the draw and the OE style finish to it is what some owners wish for.
There's alot behind the reasons why the intercooler and the rest didn't get finished off but its not for me to disclose what little I know of but just that it makes sense to some and thats it.
Its backed by Premcar, there was a GTF mule/Sprint but more so the closure ran this out of time.
I also don't think any owner thinks it would add value to their pride and joy but only to themselves, I can only imagine what my manual Sprint would feel like having this fitted to my Miami - done properly no disrespect to some Tuners I have known for a long time.
You don't have to add on their wheel set, coil overs etc thats your call again.
Most WTYS are about done but for those who may extend but they wouldn't be considering this in the first place, others have already re checked their Insurance, Premcar covers their work thats good enough for those moving ahead, their dollars their machine.

Exactly, tbh for me if I had the $$$ to do it I'd definitely do it via premcar for the GS or the GTE but at the price I can't justify it, hence going with the Herrod intercooler. After all, the Herrod unit was run on the sprint mules during development so if robs unit was good enough then that's good enough for me.
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
Old 24-01-2019, 06:42 PM   #96
CJR09
RPO 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
That's fine and its up to the owners, but don't expect added value or any return on investment.
That is exactly what will happen - a supercharger/tune kit by the factory engineers will command a premium over base models.

For the small amount of owners that fork out for the HG there will be double or triple that wish they had.

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

Old 25-01-2019, 02:44 PM   #97
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
you miss the point again.
None I know are thinking ???? oh ahead I expect to put my sell price (IF they ever sell in the first place) up more than the like for like without the HG KIT/s.
Like as if.
I don't recall of new BSeries GT owners who have poured in quadruple and more than HG in their Boss's incl drivelines thinking, ahead I'll make heap more on the investment, we all know they get bugger all what they poured in.
For some its just wanting it done full stop.
All my years having done mods I never expected more, as we know you end up losing out big time in the short term if you sell but keeping it long term ITS the sheer passion and fun of having your pride and joy go like stink.
Thats what its about and more so its Premcar at a premium for thats what it warrants and those willing to pay.
4 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2019, 03:33 PM   #98
Sioso
irregular member

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...ms-big-116986/

Blue Oval hot shop planning HSV-rivalling conversion business

The hot tuners behind a generation of fast Ford Falcons and a new GT-HO tribute model are planning to renew their rivalry with HSV and the Walkinshaw Group by converting vehicles locally from left- to right-hand drive.

Premcar, which emerged from a management buy-out of Ford Performance Vehicles’ engineering division from Prodrive and Ford, has been around since 2012.

It has recently made headlines for developing what it calls the Holy Grail package for supercharged ‘Miami’ V8-powered FPV and Falcon XR8 models.

Also including a chassis modification kit and exhaust package, Holy Grail is the basis for what would have been a reborn Falcon GT-HO -- a project axed when Ford decided to end Australian vehicle assembly.

We’ll be driving the 483kW/753Nm Holy Grail Falcon soon, so keep an eye out for the story and video.

Up until now Premcar has been almost entirely a ‘below the line’ engineering consultant, supplying its expert resources to various vehicle development projects for brands here and overseas.

But Premcar chief engineer Bernie Quinn made it clear that while Holy Grail is an endpoint for Falcon, it was only a starting point for the company’s ambitious push into aftermarket tuning and conversion.

“This is 100 per cent the beginning of our new strategy for getting into the aftermarket -- secondary manufacturing if you like,” he said.

“We see this as the next big chance for us to increase the revenue into the business, to create a new income stream into the business.

“We have got projects in the pipeline beyond this, but this is our entry into the market.”

Becoming a converter would ape HSV, which used to offer a line-up of high-performance Holden Commodores but now converts the imported Chevrolet Camaro and Silverado to right-hand drive.

Quinn revealed he had toured the Walkinshaw Park facility with Walkinshaw Group chairman Ryan Walkinshaw and had been inspired by what he saw.

“Re-manufacturing definitely appeals to us,” Quinn said. “I look at what Ryan has done down there. He took me for a tour and it’s bit inspirational to be honest.

“We used to be competitors, but what he has done – wow -- is really, really impressive.

“What it told me was let’s not hold back on this, don’t be shy on this, don’t be conservative. Let’s put our balls on the line, which we have done by making the investment [in Holy Grail]. Hopefully we reap the reward.”

Quinn’s only rider was the financial success of Holy Grail would play a role in how aggressively Premcar pursues this new strategy. There are 100 Holy Grail engine kits on offer at $24,885 each, the chassis option and exhaust packages add another $19,920.

Despite Premcar’s Blue Oval history, Quinn revealed other brands could be the subject of its tuning skills.

“There are definitely other people we are speaking to,” he confirmed.

If Premcar does press on successfully, it will become yet another Ford-related company to get involved in the high-performance turning field.

Tickford Racing, the former factory Ford Supercar team, offers cosmetic and performance enhancements for Ford models, while renowned Ford tuner Rob Herrod is up to his elbows in Ford Performance projects including a limited-edition supercharged Mustang that will be sold through Ford dealers.
Old 15-02-2019, 04:12 PM   #99
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
you miss the point again.
None I know are thinking ???? oh ahead I expect to put my sell price (IF they ever sell in the first place) up more than the like for like without the HG KIT/s.
Like as if.
I don't recall of new BSeries GT owners who have poured in quadruple and more than HG in their Boss's incl drivelines thinking, ahead I'll make heap more on the investment, we all know they get bugger all what they poured in.
For some its just wanting it done full stop.
All my years having done mods I never expected more, as we know you end up losing out big time in the short term if you sell but keeping it long term ITS the sheer passion and fun of having your pride and joy go like stink.
Thats what its about and more so its Premcar at a premium for thats what it warrants and those willing to pay.
Not sure what you think I'm missing. actually I think it's you that have missed mine.
my comments have nothing to do with doubting passion for anyones pride and joy, if you want to spend that much - go for it.

My comments were more leveled at CJR09 who believes fitting this kit will add value - it wont, it will decrease and limit Insurance options
Old 15-02-2019, 10:52 PM   #100
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

I quoted also it won't increase value But there is always someone who doesn't mind paying more whilst shopping if it ticks all the box's and they want it, those are few and far between as we know.
Re Insurance to let you know, one party I know actually was impressed on finding an Insurer at a better deal than expected.
This user likes this post:
Old 16-02-2019, 02:43 AM   #101
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is the 'Chassis Modification Kit' strengthening of the firewall?
Old 16-02-2019, 08:20 AM   #102
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
Is the 'Chassis Modification Kit' strengthening of the firewall?
If you have the chance head down to Geelong tomorrow for the All Ford Day and check it out, there will be an example there and you'll have the opportunity to ask a few questions!

Quote:
The Premcar team have selected All Ford Day to share the very limited Holy Grail with loyal Ford fans.
The reveal takes place at 11am this Sunday, and will be joined by special guests, Australian Motorsport Legend John Bowe, AFL Legend Tony Lockett and Premcar ‘Big Boss/Legend’ Bernie Quinn!

Last edited by baboon; 16-02-2019 at 08:35 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-02-2019, 09:56 PM   #103
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

So.. Had a peek at this today, some interesting additions indeed, pilot sport cup 2 tyres with a 295 rear, power / torque kW plate in the engine bay, hidden intercooler unlike the sandwich plate set up from Kpm and Herrod, looks to be a new rear suspension trailing arm ? To help accomodate the 295 rear,
Those that can afford it should love it
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
3 users like this post:
Old 17-02-2019, 09:57 PM   #104
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Deleted
Old 17-02-2019, 10:04 PM   #105
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 

This is all I've got:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy11EqJ-s5Q

Its a beautiful thing!
4 users like this post:
Old 17-02-2019, 10:10 PM   #106
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
This is all I've got:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy11EqJ-s5Q

Its a beautiful thing!
Don't you love the clowns who can see that your taking a pic but still walk in front of you?
Old 18-02-2019, 08:29 AM   #107
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

New wheels, 295/30/19 pilot sport cup 2 tyres and a sneak peak of the aluminium control blade (to allow 295's on the back), a bit of the shockworks rear damper and sticker and a mirror reflection of the new cat back exhaust.

Last edited by baboon; 18-02-2019 at 08:36 AM.
Old 18-02-2019, 09:12 AM   #108
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To me..... Premcar looks just like another vulture picking over Ford Australias rotting carcass.......sad

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 18-02-2019, 01:30 PM   #109
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I quoted also it won't increase value But there is always someone who doesn't mind paying more whilst shopping if it ticks all the box's and they want it, those are few and far between as we know.
Re Insurance to let you know, one party I know actually was impressed on finding an Insurer at a better deal than expected.
so you agree.. so to clarify, where did I miss the point.
Old 18-02-2019, 02:23 PM   #110
sir.richard
Starter Motor

Hey all,

Long time lurker...more active on a few other forums back to the original XR6T.

I thought I would do a write up of my day yesterday, as I think some might find it interesting and useful.

Well yesterday I met Bernie Quinn and the team, and spent about half the day with them.

Holy cow. I had NO idea of their level of expertise. Well, well beyond the norm. Even my pro-Holden friend Clay who was with me couldn't believe what he saw and heard.

If you ask a question - and I mean ANY question to ANY level of detail, you dont get a mechanics response, you get an engineering response, in intricate detail..and I have no doubt I was getting slightly dumbed down answers for my benefit!

I mean things like why the design is the way it is today - for any key component. What was engineered out during testing. What the real limits are before you need to make changes. What the causes of issues are. What the considerations were during design for Ford. And on and on it went. Without knowledge limit. Ever.

My mind was totally blown. Bernie is a seriously impressive, and very nice guy. I am sure the rest of the team is also awesome. I met Hammo, who is a Sydney dealer helping them with sales, and he is also a great guy and seriously connected in the industry as well..and helped me work through every little concern I had (insurance, diff bushes, tailshaft).

With the engineering team, you have have ZERO doubt that you are talking to someone who knows every inch of that car, and was involved with all the core engineering and testing. OMG the testing! Really - just mad.

I looked at the Premcar Sprint closely as it was on display. The engineering is a genuine work of art. I really mean it. We are talking full suspension re-design, with hard core components, beautifully built. You should see the trailing arm - it is incredible. Not the kind of thing that would normally excite me. The R&D put into each and every component is amazing. Its all about attention to detail.

I simply have never seen work of this kind from any modder. I note on the day I checked out the latest from some well known major modders that we all know of as they were on display, and...honestly when it comes to OEM quality work, there is zero comparison. (Not that I would say no to their solutions as they seem great and were definitely on my list, but what I saw at Premcar was truly next level - I challenge anyone to have a fair and balanced look at one and say otherwise.)

Really guys, you are not doing Premcar justice if you try to compare them to normal modders, especially when it comes to the level of engineering done, the custom parts, the OEM look and, most importantly for me as it is a daily driver - the crazy crazy CRAZY level of testing done to iron out bugs and produce a car that will drive at incredible levels with OEM level driveability and reliability at any temp. All.day.long.

I learned more about my car from Bernie yesterday than I ever knew, or could ever have found out by other means. If you werent in their engineering team when they did all our cars, you simply couldnt know what they know. You cant learn that stuff as an aftermarket or even Ford mechanic. Its the history. The context. How we got to where we are today. It seriously improves your decision making, and confidence.

Hats off to them - this is a serious solution that people should seriously consider, most especially if you are the type of person who understands comprehensive OEM level testing and engineering and the benefits they bring.

I am not a brand snob - I like fast cars regardless of brand, I like solid modding regardless of who does it, but never have I seen work of this quality in an aftermarket solution. It genuinely, no BS, is an OEM quality solution.

To accurately conceptualise in your head what they have produced after years of R&D: Think OEM car with v8 Supercar or greater power, as reliable and driveable as a stocker, incredible sound and handling, fully ADR compliant, fully engineer-certified, and fully road legal.... and you would have a pretty accurate concept of what they have created in
your mind.

Thats very different from squeezing out some more power - even with hacked-in-intercooling by drilling manifolds (or raising the engine height so it might hit the bonnet), and upgrading the shocks and exhaust.'

if you were going to mod your car, I could think of no better way to do it. The premium worth every cent in my mind.

I was expecting something pretty good, but my mind was completely blown.

So much so that I ordered the full upgrade and handling/exhaust options on the spot.

Any doubters, please go have a look and report back. Id love to see what you think after a first hand look. Once my car gets done, I might see if anyone here in Melb wants to have a peek.
7 users like this post:
Old 18-02-2019, 02:36 PM   #111
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
so you agree.. so to clarify, where did I miss the point.
I quoted long ago its not about future values.
The point you missed was that you kept quoting it, most going ahead with any of the HG package wouldn't be concerned of the crystal ball (there for sure are the exceptions but good luck) but to enjoy the what could have been finale factory Falcon hipo.
Old 18-02-2019, 03:06 PM   #112
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

seems you've missed the point.
Old 18-02-2019, 03:48 PM   #113
sir.richard
Starter Motor

hey guys,

Here is video 1 of the sound.

Crank it up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yk9pv1-UBk

Will upload a few pics when I can get it to work.

Last edited by sir.richard; 18-02-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Old 18-02-2019, 05:03 PM   #114
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dont know why but that sounds terrible..
6 users like this post:
Old 18-02-2019, 08:22 PM   #115
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir.richard View Post
hey guys,

Here is video 1 of the sound.

Crank it up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yk9pv1-UBk

Will upload a few pics when I can get it to work.
Couple of mums with their prams right next to the beast as well, poor babies
Old 18-02-2019, 09:25 PM   #116
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From what I gathered from the reveal (waiting on official confirmation though) is:

-No change to fuel injectors
-No change to fuel pressure regulator
-No change to fuel pump
-New addition of twin air/triple water pass intercooler with water to air heat exhanger
-Rev limit raised to 7000rpm
-New power steering pump for better off centre steering response
-As a consequence of raising limit to 7000rpm the new power steering pump is needed
-engine and trans calibration - Torque limit in 1st gear (Gear Specific Torque Output)
-Cat back exhaust with ECU controlled bi-modal active valve calibration

Probably lots more info around, as the Premcar SVT guys were really open to answering any questions technical or not... Hopefully, in time when people start having their cars built, this information will be revealed..
4 users like this post:
Old 18-02-2019, 10:16 PM   #117
mr_xlr8
GT-P Whitey

I sent an email today to Premcar. See what happens.

Current ride:
FG MKI 5.0L S/C 6SP Auto = 9.5/10

Previous Rides:
FG MKII GT-P 5.0L S/C 6SP MANUAL = 9/10
AU III 5 SPEED BLUEPRINT XR8 220KW= 8/10
BA XR8 BOSS 260 BLUEPRINT = 3/10
EB FAIRMONT WINDSOR 302 BURGUNDY = 6/10
Old 20-02-2019, 07:24 PM   #118
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

It’s a shame with their intimate knowledge of developing the Falcon platform that they aren’t going to continue to develop high quality hot up parts for the BA-FGX chassis and will likely jump on the Mustang bandwagon which is already a saturated market.
3 users like this post:
Old 21-02-2019, 09:13 PM   #119
mr_xlr8
GT-P Whitey

I wonder what cat600 thinks of this wholy grail business.

Current ride:
FG MKI 5.0L S/C 6SP Auto = 9.5/10

Previous Rides:
FG MKII GT-P 5.0L S/C 6SP MANUAL = 9/10
AU III 5 SPEED BLUEPRINT XR8 220KW= 8/10
BA XR8 BOSS 260 BLUEPRINT = 3/10
EB FAIRMONT WINDSOR 302 BURGUNDY = 6/10
Old 22-02-2019, 08:17 AM   #120
Sioso
irregular member

It includes a video

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...review-117087/

It doesn't really look OEM when the front and rear rims are different designs

Last edited by Sioso; 22-02-2019 at 08:24 AM.
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread