Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-12-2015, 09:54 PM   #271
LyleXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Home Theatre systems

I saw that when I was googling, think the tv is to old for that, has 4 hdmi ins, none of them are ARC, I'm trying to talk the big chief into sticking this in the bedroom or spare room for Xbox and getting a new one
LyleXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2015, 11:34 PM   #272
dawsman
FG GT 335 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleXR8 View Post
Gday all, got a Samsung sound bar for xmas to go with Samsung tv, got it connected with optical cable from tv to the sound bar but the audio is out of time with the visual, if I go optical from Tbox to sounbar it's ok or go hdmi from Tbox to sound bar to tv it's ok but then I can't use the sounbar for Xbox or computer via tv without rooting around with cables, using hdmi Direct from tv to sound bar doesn't give any audio at all, any ideas would be good thanks

See if your connected devices have an SPDIF (optical) audio delay option and set as necessary to bring the audio and picture back into sync.

TOY: 2011 FG GT 335 #0498, Nitro, 6sp MANUAL, 18% tint, Herrod K&N Filter, Herrod-JLT oil breather, Manta twin 3" s/s cat-back exhaust, Shockworks adjustable coilovers, R-Spec wheels (build thread)

DAILY: 2015 PXII Ranger Wildtrak, Pride Orange, 6sp auto, tech pack (pics here)

BEFORE: 2005 Mercury Silver BF XR8 ZF Auto, 20% tint, custom 2.5" cat-back exhaust, Advanti Zeta 19" wheels (found it!)
dawsman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 31-12-2015, 01:07 AM   #273
towtaltowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleXR8 View Post
I saw that when I was googling, think the tv is to old for that, has 4 hdmi ins, none of them are ARC, I'm trying to talk the big chief into sticking this in the bedroom or spare room for Xbox and getting a new one
what model of samsung tv do u have ? ARC is on hdmi 2

i deal with new tvs of all brand everyday and find the new sonys slow and painful to do anything on

i miss the good days of plasma panels
towtaltowing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2016, 09:50 PM   #274
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Finally got my Atmos in-ceilings in on the weekend!

Wow. Atmos is so awesome, love it!!!

2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 31-03-2016, 10:16 PM   #275
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50 View Post
Finally got my Atmos in-ceilings in on the weekend!

Wow. Atmos is so awesome, love it!!!

Do you always sleep in that position on the lounge ?
Old 31-03-2016, 10:19 PM   #276
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Do you always sleep in that position on the lounge ?

Wouldn't you if you could?
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2016, 10:22 PM   #277
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50 View Post
Wouldn't you if you could?
Yeah, but at least I'd take my work clothes of first !
Old 31-03-2016, 11:01 PM   #278
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post

So I am leaning towards this system at the moment, Sony 7.2 ch MUTEKI home theatre system:

http://www.sony.com.au/product/ht-m77

Or may be this for a cheaper less obtrusive option, I really like the look of this one:

http://www.sony.com.au/product/bdv-n9200w

And this TV Sony 75" LED HD Smart TV:

http://www.sony.com.au/product/kdl-75w850c

Ok, now tell me why this stuff is no good from an audiophile standpoint....

Keep in mind the above photo was taken last week and not much work will happen between now and xmas, and planning to move in around August September next year, and won't be buying anything till I am settled in, so by then there is probably other stuff available for similar or less money.
Don't go getting all in a box type stuff like the Muteki. It is absolute junk made in China to a price point.
Do yourself a favour and go into a dedicated Home Theatre shop and talk to them. Stay away from the likes of Harvey Norman etc, they do not carry the top line stuff, salesmen tend to sell irons and microwaves as well as HT systems and will tend to steer you to what gets them the best commission on the day.
The base of your system is the AVR and I highly recommend the Yamaha Aventage line, it's far superior to their more domestic RXV line.
Then choose your speakers around that.
If any more amplification is required go to "pro audio" PA dealers and get your amps from there. This is where things converge from the AV scene and you get far superior professional gear for a fraction of the cost of so-called "audiophile" gear. As soon as a salesman starts sprouting "audiophile" run as fast as you can because it usually means ridiculous pricing for otherwise average equipment.

For example some of the best speakers you can find are JBL Studio Monitors. Because they are "pro" gear people expect they will cost more than your house. The reality is they are not much more for a pair than your Muteki system in a box.

You can build a really nice stereo system that will last a lifetime of abuse for ~$5k if you choose wisely.

Don't be afraid to ring pro companies (Kosmic sound for example) and talk to the guys, they won't give you a hard sell as you aren't their target and should be happy to impart some of their wisdom.

There are lots of snake oil salesmen in this game just itching to sell people Chinese junk and have no conscience.

Good sound is like good wine, it doesn't matter what is trendy, the sound you like best is the best sound...bar none!

PS. If anyone tries to sell you expensive cabling such as monster...walk out.

I spent 25 years as a technical director for australias largest tv network before retiring to the farm.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 22-06-2017, 01:11 PM   #279
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sooooo, this is happening in September-ish (bonus time, hopefully)

It's essentially 2 of my current Rel S5 subs (which the shop is going to buy back off me). I always wanted to get a second 1 of mine, but don't really have the ideal space to put 2 of them in my current house. So given I'm now planning on staying in the house for the next 5-10 years I figure this is the better solution.

Long and short of it is 1,000W RMS, 2x 12" actives (both forward firing), 2x 12" passive radiators (1*downward firing and 1 backwards firing). Has a rad wireless add-on I'm getting for free too (worth $500 to buy separately), meaning all I'll need is a power point to plug the sub in and can put it anywhere I like.

https://rel.net/shop/subwoofers/serie-s/212se/
graphicgoose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 08-07-2017, 02:24 PM   #280
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like the wireless idea.

Not enough of this around and it shouldn't be hard to implement.
Streaming is pretty good these days.

I assume you are able to set up delays with this?

XC Cobra #181.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-07-2017, 08:45 AM   #281
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, from everything I've read there shouldn't really be any noticeable delay.

Here's some more info for anyone interested:
https://rel.net/shop/accessories/longbow/
2 users like this post:
Old 16-07-2017, 02:34 PM   #282
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicgoose View Post
Well, from everything I've read there shouldn't really be any noticeable delay.

Here's some more info for anyone interested:
https://rel.net/shop/accessories/longbow/
I see from the link they have engineered out the delay in hardware.

Nice.

XC Cobra #181.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2017, 10:05 PM   #283
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

New sub up and running...Holy sh*t! Packs a punch! I can currently feel Vera Blue in my a$$hole through my sofa!
6 users like this post:
Old 29-07-2017, 08:46 AM   #284
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok, so I guess maybe I haven't listened to enough real high end home theatre setups, but this sub has turned my setup into something so much bigger and better than you'd expect from a little Focal 700 series setup, it's vastly lifted and opened the entire soundstage. It's also given me the closest feel to a big car stereo, in terms of bass impact and feel, that I've ever experienced in a home theatre setup...which, given the size and openness of my living room, is rather impressive! What I'm currently most impressed with is how good it sounds with the stereo playing music at low levels for background music, definitely a great fit for my setup and room.

Wireless works well and I can't hear any noticeable delay. Makes for a really neat install for my room.

Don't mind the green cushions, those and the sofa they're on are my ex's and won't be there too much longer.
3 users like this post:
Old 19-08-2017, 07:16 PM   #285
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am nearly 50 and besides V8 Fords, music is my next biggest passion. I play a bunch of instruments & have a home studio which is Les Pauls, Vox amps, high end keyboards, laptops & JBL monitors with Sennheiser 'phones. My audio gear in the living room consists of a high end Japanese Onkyo amp with every capability known paired with a Japanese Onkyo DVD player. Here is where I differ from most others though. I only use 3ch & a sub with TV (55'' Loewe Plasma) & DVD where as with the CD player, I use left & right and a sub only. With a great amp and sound stage, you really don't need rear speakers. Learn how to place speakers & sub properly in relation to the size of room and seating position. I don't like multi speaker set ups & surround sound also I don't rate digital recording compared to analog. I rely on my ears for playing instruments, so purity of sound & warmth of tone is crucial to me. I grew up on analog & stereo recordings which I still own on vinyl and they get much more use than my CD collection. My current set up which I have had for around 8-10 years is: CD player is Japanese Pioneer, Turntable is Japanese Technics, centre speaker & sub are Chinese made Wharfedale and front L&R are English made Wharfedale loudspeakers. Never underestimate the warmth of Japanese Amps & the awesomeness of English loud speakers. I specify where my gear is made as most people know the difference in quality of materials, finish and build of Japan made compared to Chinese is night and day. There is a lot of really good value when you look around, and remember to buy with your ears, don't be misled with big output numbers & big speakers. Learn what the numbers mean. It is not unlike rear wheel HP vs flywheel HP. Big difference in the real world. Also, check where everything is really made. Big brands often have budget priced stuff for a few grand which is made in china under licence and its not until you start spending maybe double that, that the country of origin changes to EU, USA or Japan and the sound starts to really liven up.

Last edited by au350hp; 19-08-2017 at 07:23 PM.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2018, 07:34 PM   #286
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's been a while, but I am finally moving forward, components have been ordered and progress will be happening this week end.

Here is very quick short video of my staring point, filmed that this arvo, and starting on the fitting out of the room tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpZ2Ggbt4bk

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 23-02-2018 at 07:41 PM.
XB GS 351 Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2018, 10:59 PM   #287
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostercam View Post
I Here is where I differ from most others though. I only use 3ch & a sub with TV (55'' Loewe Plasma) & DVD where as with the CD player, I use left & right and a sub only. With a great amp and sound stage, you really don't need rear speakers. Learn how to place speakers & sub properly in relation to the size of room and seating position. I don't like multi speaker set ups & surround sound also I don't rate digital recording compared to analog. I rely on my ears for playing instruments, so purity of sound & warmth of tone is crucial to me. I grew up on analog & stereo recordings which I still own on vinyl and they get much more use than my CD collection.
Here is where I differ- my top lounge TV only has a 2 way L and R speaker, and a sealed 12 inch subwoofer. Because space is limited by the wifies furniture- I have a slimline Maranz but have dual amped the L and R speakers, SVS Bookshelf Ultras, -50 wrms for woofer and 50 wrms for tweeters. The subwoofer is 1,100 peak watt/500 watt rms continuous. Speakers are SVS- so warm, the subwoofer is the SVS SB 2000-amazing tight punch.

Thing is that the speakers have such a wide soundscape that there have been times I have looked over my shoulder because I could swear something was coming from behind. No need for a centre speaker- as long as your seating position is centre between the speakers so you get the phantom middle.

Downstairs in the studio live room I have set up a 5 way Yamaha system with subwoofer. Thing is the soundscape from the upstairs L+R plus subwoofer is better than the Yamaha 5 speaker pls subwoofer setup, and the only thing keeping the fight interesting is that the downstairs studio is acoustically treated with absorption materials, QRF diffusors and massive bass traps in corners, one right behind the subwoofer.

Makes me laugh to see people sticking a subwoofer in a corner with no bass trapping behind. Sure fire way to get a muddy mess of sound with phase cancellation and weak thin bass. Anyone see a wave at a beach coming in and be hit by a wave heading out to ocean- wave cancellation. That is what happens to bass sounds with no bass trapping.

First priority, above everything, is to get a proper bass trap in corners of a room.

Roostercam-cure for that horrible digital sound is very good D/A converters, followed by warm speakers.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender

Last edited by asagaai; 24-02-2018 at 11:29 PM.
asagaai is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2018, 09:19 AM   #288
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here is the equipment I will be using.

Not everyone will agree, but I think I will be happy with the outcome, still a fair way to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va7Q...ature=youtu.be

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 09-03-2018, 01:51 AM   #289
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
Here is where I differ- my top lounge TV only has a 2 way L and R speaker, and a sealed 12 inch subwoofer. Because space is limited by the wifies furniture- I have a slimline Maranz but have dual amped the L and R speakers, SVS Bookshelf Ultras, -50 wrms for woofer and 50 wrms for tweeters. The subwoofer is 1,100 peak watt/500 watt rms continuous. Speakers are SVS- so warm, the subwoofer is the SVS SB 2000-amazing tight punch.

Thing is that the speakers have such a wide soundscape that there have been times I have looked over my shoulder because I could swear something was coming from behind. No need for a centre speaker- as long as your seating position is centre between the speakers so you get the phantom middle.

Downstairs in the studio live room I have set up a 5 way Yamaha system with subwoofer. Thing is the soundscape from the upstairs L+R plus subwoofer is better than the Yamaha 5 speaker pls subwoofer setup, and the only thing keeping the fight interesting is that the downstairs studio is acoustically treated with absorption materials, QRF diffusors and massive bass traps in corners, one right behind the subwoofer.

Makes me laugh to see people sticking a subwoofer in a corner with no bass trapping behind. Sure fire way to get a muddy mess of sound with phase cancellation and weak thin bass. Anyone see a wave at a beach coming in and be hit by a wave heading out to ocean- wave cancellation. That is what happens to bass sounds with no bass trapping.

First priority, above everything, is to get a proper bass trap in corners of a room.

Roostercam-cure for that horrible digital sound is very good D/A converters, followed by warm speakers.
Sure is: My car stereo has Burr Browns into a class A/B amp & hi end co-ax makes 70's rock sound how it should, and a sh*t load of Dynamat.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2018, 11:29 PM   #290
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got the TV set up today!!

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 11-02-2019, 12:48 PM   #291
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Been pretty quiet in this thread for a while...but my system got a rather solid boost lately so thought I'd post up.

Came across a bargain on Gumtree for a set of speakers I've lusted after for over a decade, but could never afford or justify the outlay for.

Picked up the following:
  • Focal Electra 1028 Be floorstanders
  • Focal Electra CC 1000 Be centre
  • Focal Electra SR 1000 Be surrounds
  • Yamaha RX-A3040 receiver

Such a massive step up from my old setup. To say I'm stoked would be an understatement!

Last edited by GasoLane; 11-02-2019 at 06:20 PM. Reason: There ya go :)
3 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2019, 02:44 PM   #292
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Last edited by GasoLane; 11-02-2019 at 06:22 PM. Reason: No longer needed
GasoLane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2019, 02:55 PM   #293
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Great, now we just need a 75"TV to see them on
And hopefully some bass trapping in the corners behind the subwoofer and the main towers. Beautiful speakers by the way- so congrats.

BUT -speakers in a corner with no basstrapping

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
Old 11-02-2019, 03:46 PM   #294
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Great, now we just need a 75"TV to see them on
Yeah...I don't know why the forum posted the photos unscaled like that, wasn't my intent

Quote:
And hopefully some bass trapping in the corners behind the subwoofer and the main towers. Beautiful speakers by the way- so congrats.

BUT -speakers in a corner with no basstrapping
Yeah, sound-proofing will be on the cards for the future...I guess it's more that I hadn't intended to upgrade my speakers right now, but these came up at too good a price to not jump at. So for now I'll need to make do.
Old 11-02-2019, 04:59 PM   #295
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah...I don't know why the forum posted the photos unscaled like that, wasn't my intent

Yeah, sound-proofing will be on the cards for the future...I guess it's more that I hadn't intended to upgrade my speakers right now, but these came up at too good a price to not jump at. So for now I'll need to make do.
Hey- it is not sound proofing you are after but rather a trap to trap low frequencies which collect in corners, resulting in wave cancellation and therefore a muddy mess ironically resulting in thin bass and the bigger the subwoofers tec the bigger the issues.

If you place big bass traps in the corner you will end up with phase coherent huge punchy bass. I had a sound recording studio and the biggest improvement in my mixing room was putting huge corner bass traps behind the monitors.

Also avoid the crappy foam products, you want rigid fibre rockwool style panels/corner fitments.

This site is a worthwhile read for an overview of what they do.

https://www.gikacoustics.com/how-bass-traps-work/

2 users like this post:
Old 11-02-2019, 07:37 PM   #296
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hey- it is not sound proofing you are after but rather a trap to trap low frequencies which collect in corners, resulting in wave cancellation and therefore a muddy mess ironically resulting in thin bass and the bigger the subwoofers tec the bigger the issues.

If you place big bass traps in the corner you will end up with phase coherent huge punchy bass. I had a sound recording studio and the biggest improvement in my mixing room was putting huge corner bass traps behind the monitors.

Also avoid the crappy foam products, you want rigid fibre rockwool style panels/corner fitments.

Thanks for the info. Would definitely be interesting to hear the difference with some proper acoustic treatment. Alas, I don't have the money for it now and won't for a while, unfortunately. This upgrade has already bled me dry as it is
2 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2019, 05:19 PM   #297
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Would I get any benefit if I were to jam some rockwool behind each of the paintings in the room? I know the canvas isn't pourous, especially once painted, but would it be better than nothing?
Old 12-02-2019, 10:29 PM   #298
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Would I get any benefit if I were to jam some rockwool behind each of the paintings in the room? I know the canvas isn't pourous, especially once painted, but would it be better than nothing?
I cannot stress enough you need corner bass traps, behind the subwoofer in that corner, and then one bass trap behind each main tower speaker in the corners adjoining the towers.

Generally you want a dead wall in front of you , ie the wall behind the speakers.

The wall behind you should be live but if possible diffused.

What I did in my studio was to buy large pine corner open shelf/cupboards and drilled the wood walls facing the corner with 3/16 bit holes like swiss cheese, and stuffed the shelfs with rock wool, and had a cotton fabric cover over the front. These were for the front of the studio -ie behind the monitor speakers, where I was facing when mixing. These just ate bass and actually higher frequencies as well, which was what I wanted ie that wall needed to be dead. They made the sound very tight and controlled.

In my rear corners of the studio I again drilled out a further 2 pine corner units, but as I wanted only bass trapped and wanted frequencies above 350 hz reflected back to me, I covered the front of the unit with a plywood sheet of 3/8ths thick (can be 1/4), and drilled holes of 3/16 by 26 holes per square foot, which resulted in bass being trapped to some 500hz and decreasing trapping of higher frequencies resulting in higher frequencies bounced back. IE the more holes drilled in the plywood per square foot, the higher frequencies are absorbed.

In your case I would either build a small corner cupboard (drill the rear cupboard facing the corner walls with 3/16 swiss cheese holes ie lots per foot , as much as you can fit it) and stuff with rockwool and cover with a cotton sheet cover in the corners of the subwoofer and the 2 towers. This will work well as a wide band bass and sound trap.

Or buy 3 of these ready made.

https://www.soundseasy.com.au/produc...CABEgKdKfD_BwE

Your idea of stuffing rockwool behind the paintings is a very good idea to control 1st point reflections. Frequencies from low to high frequencies will pass through the covering canvas and paint into the rockwool. But it will not fix the bass mess that those 3 corners will be making.

But- the other side of your room opposite the paintings has glass which is highly reflective, and a rule in studios in 1 live surface with opposing surface dead.

So stuffing in rockwool behind the paintings will be a good solution to controlling first point reflection waves, with the live glass on the opposite side.

If you get 3 bass traps in those corners and put rockwool behind those paintings you will hear the bass and the nuances in the bass, and the music will open up and become detailed and 3d with depth and a clarity.

Once I treated my mixing room I could actually hear the bass and mix it- before it was a muddy obscured mess.

I would be very interested what you find if you get 3 corner bass traps and set up rockwool behind your paintings, and I think you will be in for a head F*&k of high fidelity clarity.

Last edited by asagaai; 12-02-2019 at 10:35 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:41 PM   #299
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I cannot stress enough you need corner bass traps, behind the subwoofer in that corner, and then one bass trap behind each main tower speaker in the corners adjoining the towers.

Or buy 3 of these ready made.

https://www.soundseasy.com.au/produc...CABEgKdKfD_BwE
I like the idea of something like these, but I'm not sure if I actually have the space to fit them in those corners, as there's power points in the corners behind each of the towers and behind the sub, depending on how far out the traps sit. And a trap in the corner with the sub would be hard to mount higher up due to the painting sitting close to the corner.

Edit: sorry about the brief reply - was mid dinner. Really do appreciate the rest of your input and feedback! The rockwool behind the paintings is something I'll look for sure, also in the one behind the sub. I'll only be able to put 25mm thick stuff behind them, but I'm sure that'll be better than nothing! I could also get away with some other acoustic panels on the wall behind the TV I think, if the intent is to deaden that wall as much as possible. I also ordered one of these today, purely to see if it helps with the rattles my sub currently creates through my house.

https://www.auralex.com/product/subdude-ht/

Last edited by graphicgoose; 13-02-2019 at 12:11 AM.
Old 13-02-2019, 10:52 PM   #300
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, the Subdude HT was a total waste of time...made the sub sound a whole lot worse! Ah well, worth a shot.