Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-04-2021, 03:58 AM   #3511
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Prince Philip has turned the toes up. I'm no monarchist, quite the opposite but being out on 99 short of the ton. I hate that. 70+ years with the Queen I can only imagine how bad that hurts for her and their family. RIP old mate, a true character.

Last edited by MITCHAY; 10-04-2021 at 04:09 AM.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2021, 09:53 AM   #3512
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I'm guessing you're talking about Bunnings? I did buy the lights from them but it would be a shame to return them as they look pretty good when they are working, just underwhelmed with the performance so far.

I will need a few days to see how my experiment goes but I still have one tag and the invoice.

I was planning on buying new batteries and putting the oldies out in the front where I couldn't care less if they were flogged.

That's another I hate that. Getting new solar batteries. Seriously at least at my local store you can't get them since before Xmas. They said they are having troubles getting stock at least for the AA ones.
Yeah bummer, When it comes to anything like solar battery stuff I never use it straight out of the box. most of this stuff works better in the long run if left to charge over a few days before use with the light switched off.
It just helps the battery memory to keep its full charging ability over time.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-04-2021, 10:09 AM   #3513
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Prince Philip has turned the toes up. I'm no monarchist, quite the opposite but being out on 99 short of the ton. I hate that. 70+ years with the Queen I can only imagine how bad that hurts for her and their family. RIP old mate, a true character.
funny ole geezer, love him or not quite hate him, He was one of those I would loved to have an unofficial chinwag with.

We don't come to Canada for our health. We can think of other ways of enjoying ourselves.
I don't think a prostitute is more moral than a wife, but they are doing the same thing.
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife.

1. Commenting on the Duke of York's house in 1986: "It looks like a tart's bedroom"

2. Overheard at Bristol University's engineering facility: "It doesn't look like much work goes on at this University."

3. Approaching his 90th birthday, 2011: "Bits are beginning to drop off."

4. At a dinner party in 2004: "Bugger the table plan, give me my dinner!"

5. Shouted to the Queen from the deck of Britannia in Belize in 1994, who was chatting. "Yak, yak, yak; come on get a move on."

6. At the Scottish Women's Institute in 1961: "British women can't cook"

7. Talking to Tom Jones after his Royal Variety Performance in 1969, he asked 'What do you gargle with, pebbles?'. The day after, he added: "It's difficult to see how it's possible to become immensely valuable by singing what are the most hideous songs.
Old 10-04-2021, 10:10 AM   #3514
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

8. At Duke of Edinburgh Awards scheme in 2006. "Young people are the same as they always were. Just as ignorant."

9. On a visit to Canada in 1969: "I declare this thing open, whatever it is."

10. After being told that Madonna was singing the Die Another Day theme in 2002, the Duke of Edinburgh asked: "Are we going to need earplugs?"

11. At a project to protect turtle doves in Anguilla in 1965, he said: "Cats kill far more birds than men. Why don't you have a slogan: ‘Kill a cat and save a bird?'"

12. Talking about his equestrian-inclined daughter, Princess Anne: 'If it doesn't fart or eat hay, she isn't interested.'

13. When talking to designer Stephen Judge about goatee beard in 2009: "Well, you didn't design your beard too well, did you?"

14. When being questioned on when the Prince of Wales would succeed to the throne: "Are you asking me if the Queen is going to die?"
Old 10-04-2021, 10:11 AM   #3515
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

15. Addressing Elton John he said, 'Oh it's you that owns that ghastly car is it? We often see it when driving to Windsor Castle.' Later, at the Royal Variety Performance watching Elton perform in 2001, he said, "I wish he'd turn the microphone off."

16. About a Cambridge student who didn't recognize him: "Bloody silly fool!"

17. To a Scottish driving instructor, 1999: "How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass the test?"
Old 25-04-2021, 06:39 PM   #3516
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Reaching to rattle off some 17mm nuts under a car, too lazy to put it up in the air.

Put the tool on clockwise by mistake.

Twice.

It ably sheared off two M10 studs without missing a beat. Replacement will require a lot of grunting and swearing. One of those days.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2021, 07:00 PM   #3517
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Reaching to rattle off some 17mm nuts under a car, too lazy to put it up in the air.

Put the tool on clockwise by mistake.

Twice.

It ably sheared off two M10 studs without missing a beat. Replacement will require a lot of grunting and swearing. One of those days.
sheared off shiit is hard to recover, tedious work.
Just one more post, 10k
Mr_G6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2021, 09:00 PM   #3518
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Changing down lights... You try your best to avoid the spring loaded holders but on almost every occasion I get my fingers smacked by the mouse trap... Bloody hurts after a while...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2021, 10:01 PM   #3519
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Changing down lights... You try your best to avoid the spring loaded holders but on almost every occasion I get my fingers smacked by the mouse trap... Bloody hurts after a while...
Yep normally followed by a face full of ceiling dust/mouse crap for good measure.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 28-04-2021, 01:53 PM   #3520
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

First head-on collision with the building materials shortage, couldn’t get just one 6x2 LVL today. Nil stock to hand, no ETA.

Please all you renovators, keep using PEX… I need copper for my job.
Old 03-05-2021, 04:48 PM   #3521
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Four rounds of Poopageddon today, the old bugger shuffled through it, too. He was just standing up in the toilet, pants round his ankles, dropping half-baked nuggets.

Now trying to air out the house a bit!
Old 03-05-2021, 08:01 PM   #3522
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Old age is a curse.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2021, 08:25 PM   #3523
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

You do your phone updates...

Then after several weeks you access an app that you assumed was working all along in the background as it always has been.

Only to find that from the last update it stopped working because it needed you to accept the new T&C's, or confirm the folder it was saving to, or needed you to log back in again...

Why can't these pop up as a ^%$#! notification so that you get it sorted the same time it appears...

Really hate that....

Old 03-05-2021, 10:57 PM   #3524
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

People who take a s..t on others aspirations and achievements.

Everyone takes a different path and makes different decisions. Be happy for others, like you would like others to be happy for you.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2021, 11:04 PM   #3525
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
People who take a s..t on others aspirations and achievements.

Everyone takes a different path and makes different decisions. Be happy for others, like you would like others to be happy for you.
Yep... family can be great like that... ay

Old 03-05-2021, 11:16 PM   #3526
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Yep... family can be great like that... ay
How did you guess?
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2021, 11:28 PM   #3527
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
How did you guess?
Story of my life mate

Old 09-05-2021, 01:20 AM   #3528
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Two hours straight of the night wanders, convinced there were spies in the house. Add a cat with zoomies for extra disruption.

Hopefully the old bloke is going to sleep soon. It’s capped off a pretty intense week of dementia minding, and backs up a night where he managed to whip off the waterproof underwear and thoroughly irrigate the bedding.
4 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2021, 02:56 PM   #3529
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I like to be on the front foot where possible.

Today I attempted to drop a form to the medical centre where my father’s GP practices. The receptionist refused to hand it up to the doctor simply because it was fresh off the printer and I hadn’t filled in the preliminary details (name, DOB etc) myself. I offered to fill them in on the spot, but apparently that was not good enough. The whole idea of trying to save everyone’s net time was either not recognised or not respected.

Revenge will be the appointment next week, I will bring him in early and the whole clinic can share the joy of a snotting, coughing, farting, babbling incompetent for an extra twenty minutes - then I’ll stretch the consultation long as possible.
3 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2021, 03:03 PM   #3530
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why make life easy when you can make it tough
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2021, 03:09 PM   #3531
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I like to be on the front foot where possible.

Today I attempted to drop a form to the medical centre where my father’s GP practices. The receptionist refused to hand it up to the doctor simply because it was fresh off the printer and I hadn’t filled in the preliminary details (name, DOB etc) myself. I offered to fill them in on the spot, but apparently that was not good enough. The whole idea of trying to save everyone’s net time was either not recognised or not respected.

Revenge will be the appointment next week, I will bring him in early and the whole clinic can share the joy of a snotting, coughing, farting, babbling incompetent for an extra twenty minutes - then I’ll stretch the consultation long as possible.
That sort of almost reminds me of the time i went for nerve conduction studies on my left arm that didnt work. I handed the lady behind the desk my referal, she handed me the paperwork. I read the paperwork just to make sure they wouldnt harvest any of my organs or such, but handed back the paperwork blank. The lady got angry at me. So i calmly asked her to re read the referal. At the top it said left handed. So i handed her my drivers licence and a bit red faced she filled it out, and i asked her to sign it with an X. Kind of almost like when i did bang out that nerve, my doctor who i trust, got angry at me because he asked to push my fingers back and nothing happened, he thought i was wasting his time, nah, not the case, my fingers didnt work.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-05-2021, 08:49 AM   #3532
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I’m getting thoroughly sick of websites that pester you with a large overlay screen to “install the app” when accessing on a mobile device, especially something you infrequently use.

Australia Post being the latest offender; from inconspicuous banner to splash screen. I wanted to ask their assistance chat-bot about Christine Holgate but it was only interested in telling me I could track my item on that (tracking) page. Which I was already doing.

Oh, and the rejected form issue was resolved by a lovely Armenian woman whose exact words were “No problem at all”. But I’ll still bring the old bugger in early.
Old 13-05-2021, 03:06 PM   #3533
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I’m getting thoroughly sick of websites that pester you with a large overlay screen to “install the app” when accessing on a mobile device, especially something you infrequently use.

Australia Post being the latest offender; from inconspicuous banner to splash screen. I wanted to ask their assistance chat-bot about Christine Holgate but it was only interested in telling me I could track my item on that (tracking) page. Which I was already doing.

Oh, and the rejected form issue was resolved by a lovely Armenian woman whose exact words were “No problem at all”. But I’ll still bring the old bugger in early.

Or the websites that throw up a 'Subscribe to our Newsletter Now' window all over what I am about to read....when I am already subscribed to their site and arrived here from the link in my subscription email.... and this happens every time I visit. Please stop
2 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2021, 10:32 PM   #3534
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm getting stuck into writing all this doco **** for an Azure migration when we all know we want to put down this system in the future.

For all we know China will buy the next data centre we are moving to anyway
Old 15-05-2021, 10:57 AM   #3535
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I shaved my beard and ever since I'm feeling the cold. I was hoping to make it to June before I turned the heater on but I am weak and **** me it took me a while before I found the thingamajig to open the vents
Old 16-05-2021, 02:21 PM   #3536
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

The way Ebay defaults every listing to 'Sent by Australia Post'...

2 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2021, 06:09 PM   #3537
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Speaking of Fleabay, hopped on to buy a little curtain hardware from same bloke as before.

Track length, entered.
Bracket type, selected
“Enter quantity” - five selected; I wanted more brackets than usual because dementia.

Go to the checkout page and it’s trying to bill me for five tracks and five brackets!
Old 29-05-2021, 09:18 PM   #3538
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Been waiting for the footy all day. Turn on Fox league and nope it is just looping the last game. Same with every channel on every device.

I'm so ****ing angry
Old 30-05-2021, 01:21 PM   #3539
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Been waiting for the footy all day. Turn on Fox league and nope it is just looping the last game. Same with every channel on every device.

I'm so ****ing angry
Time for some compensation from your foxtel friends. Couple of months free service once theyve sorted their ****. They charge enough so service should be primo
Old 30-05-2021, 01:34 PM   #3540
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Apparently they were telling those that could get through on the phone that it was a user issue despite it trending on Twitter! They fixed it after the game was over. Bunch of useless ****s but it spared me another Raiders fading