Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-08-2018, 09:18 AM   #391
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Welcome New aufalcon.com Members - Say Hello Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
I'm baaaaack!

2002 AU3 SR, with extras - details and pics when I take some. Actually, it's my son Dan's car, but I'll be driving it until he can (next year).

Sneak peak:
We missed you, group hug
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2019, 09:52 AM   #392
Uncle_RaeRae
Starter Motor

Default Hello from Canberra

Hi all,
just acquired myself an AUII Fairland V8 and thought it would be a good idea to get to know some other owners! (also, this is my first ever Ford, so I have a bit of learning to do)
I acquired the big girl from the father-in-law as he can no longer drive it himself. I'm the second owner from new, and aside from some unfortunate car park battle scars, it has been immaculately cared for and only just rolled over 200k as I drove it up from Melbourne.

I've seen some pretty amazing examples from lurking the forum already, good inspiration as I've never been satisfied with 'stock' with any of my previous vehicles.

.....Also need to work out this picture business. Doesn't want to work from the tablet..

Rae.
Uncle_RaeRae is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2019, 09:02 AM   #393
Studz xr8
Studzy

Happy Easter everyone,
I purchased a 99 AU XR8 around 6 months ago and have been sorting through a few issues with it as time goes by (mostly replacing old worn out with new).
Love the car, hate the running issues.
Thought I would join you all as I've been given plenty of helpful advice so far from this forum and enjoy reading about other issues that AU owners have experienced, helps to build up my knowledge on the ins and outs of my awesome purchase.
Having issues with the fuel system now, I but I've read a bit about it on this forum so now I know what to look for.
Anyway just wanted to say hi and hope you all enjoy your Easter weekend.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2019, 10:05 AM   #394
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Hello from Canberra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_RaeRae View Post
Hi all,
just acquired myself an AUII Fairland V8 and thought it would be a good idea to get to know some other owners! (also, this is my first ever Ford, so I have a bit of learning to do)
I acquired the big girl from the father-in-law as he can no longer drive it himself. I'm the second owner from new, and aside from some unfortunate car park battle scars, it has been immaculately cared for and only just rolled over 200k as I drove it up from Melbourne.

I've seen some pretty amazing examples from lurking the forum already, good inspiration as I've never been satisfied with 'stock' with any of my previous vehicles.

.....Also need to work out this picture business. Doesn't want to work from the tablet..

Rae.
Welcome Rae its good to have another LWB fan here. Consider uploading your pics to a free hosting site like Imgur and then linking it into your post here. Looking forward to see some pics of your 'Lane
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2019, 10:21 AM   #395
JeanneAU1
Starter Motor

Hello from Boddington WA, I have a 98 Futura Wagon which I've had from day dot! Unfortunately we had an altercation with a Kangaroo and of course the Insurance Company wrote her off. Not wanting to "let go" I brought her home and am endeavouring to repair her myself (that's myself and friends who know what their doing! haha) From what I've seen so far, the Forum is a wealth of knowledge and I look forward to learning as much as I can.
JeanneAU1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 07-12-2019, 08:00 AM   #396
AhMazing
Starter Motor

New to this forum. Thought id say Hi.
I was given an AU 2001 fairmont wagon petrol.
It had been unused for 2 years and needed alot of replacement parts.
Ita been a long time project, with many late night searches of this forum for useful information.
Without this forum i would still be looking for 'how to do that' and 'why didnt that work' on google.
You guys n girls are a wealth of knowledge.
Thanks for the help this far, and sorry for all the questions that will be forthcoming.
AhMazing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2020, 08:59 AM   #397
richy4572
Starter Motor

Hi every one, Richard here i have AU series 2 ute auto with alloy tray 2001 super cab, basic tradies model with wind up windows and no abs, just got it and starting on all basics, she runs ok just got 180k on it old guy had it most of its life and its originally from Darwin NT now a QLD Ute, darn they are so comfy to drive seats are good and so light steering i was amazed i was driving a ute feels like a sedan.

I'm in Logan QLD getting back to a ford have had all the usual aussi cars over the years im 56 now, last fairlaine was 20 yrs ago so here we go again, regards Richy.
richy4572 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-06-2020, 12:23 PM   #398
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by richy4572 View Post
Hi every one, Richard here i have AU series 2 ute auto with alloy tray 2001 super cab, basic tradies model with wind up windows and no abs, just got it and starting on all basics, she runs ok just got 180k on it old guy had it most of its life and its originally from Darwin NT now a QLD Ute, darn they are so comfy to drive seats are good and so light steering i was amazed i was driving a ute feels like a sedan.

I'm in Logan QLD getting back to a ford have had all the usual aussi cars over the years im 56 now, last fairlaine was 20 yrs ago so here we go again, regards Richy.
Welcome Richy. You picked a top model to get back into a Ford.

The forums are a great wealth of information and knowledge. The search function is your friend, as a lot of issues and stories have been discussed here. If you cannot find an answer, please feel free to create a new thread.

Welcome too to JeanneAU1 and AhMazing (apologies, we have been a bit slack here).

Cheers and enjoy,
Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2020, 05:55 PM   #399
Shane Ford
Shane'o

Yes hello ford heads. I have been a ford man all my life. I own a au tickford sedan a au xr6 ute & a au forte & a 2001 au2 fairmont & a 81 bronco tow truck which i have a mint spare cab for it in the shed. And a few weekends ago in the ****ing down rain while i was coming upto a round about a fwd decided to try turn left from the right hand lane without looking & hit my front end which spun me around pushing me sideways into the curb. Which bent my axle & drivers side watts link arm & smashed the watts link bolt out of my diff cover plate & you would not believe it but the ar$#hole done the runner & i didnt get his rego & because i am out of work as i have just had 2 spinal operations 6 months apart. I have not been able to keep my insurance up. To get it fixed. But now i have a bit of funds to buy some parts i am unable to find the 3 bits that i need, to fix my favourite 1 to drive out of all of them & the only 1 that i have been able to keep registered. So if any1 could Please help me find a r/h rear axle for abs diff & r/h watts link arm & a watts link diff cover plate from a 2001 au2 fairmont. I would be muchly apreciated please & Thank You readers
Shane Ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2021, 09:48 AM   #400
Dtee
Starter Motor

Hello, thanks from NZ for adding me.
I'm just a car fan or petrol head.
Spent a few years in Sydney and
Melbourne toured all over Queensland in the 70's
My first job in Sydney was at GMH Pagewood after which I went truck driving, worked on a grape farm at Mildura, toured Queensland tried to see as much of Australia I could before returning home in 81.
Fitter turner machinist by trade now retired.
Likes are muscle cars, street cars, hotrods,
drag racing, classic V8's, fishing, diving and contact sports.
Thanks again
Dtee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2021, 01:18 PM   #401
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtee View Post
Hello, thanks from NZ for adding me.
I'm just a car fan or petrol head.
Spent a few years in Sydney and
Melbourne toured all over Queensland in the 70's
My first job in Sydney was at GMH Pagewood after which I went truck driving, worked on a grape farm at Mildura, toured Queensland tried to see as much of Australia I could before returning home in 81.
Fitter turner machinist by trade now retired.
Likes are muscle cars, street cars, hotrods,
drag racing, classic V8's, fishing, diving and contact sports.
Thanks again
Welcome Dtee. What is your ride?

And the important question. How many AUs do you own?

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 03-02-2021, 03:41 PM   #402
Dtee
Starter Motor

I own a 2002 AUIII XR8 220kw 5sp manual 320+km It's Its easy to drive and handles well.
Dtee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-04-2021, 09:06 AM   #403
Mullet
Starter Motor

This is such a valuable forum. Thank you everyone. I have an XR6 AU Utility auto that I bought for my young bloke but fell in love with the damn thing myself. Just love the cruise factor, it's not quick and it's auto and the only Tickford enhancement is the steering wheel. . But easy to work on and a huge amount of fun. My wife is not impressed.
Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-04-2021, 06:44 PM   #404
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

give her time
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-07-2021, 02:23 PM   #405
SlaminSam
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome New aufalcon.com Members - Say Hello Here

Hello all,

Introduced myself in join up link but, yeah I have an AU1 on the way to my address very soon. It was a one owner since new vehicle with a full service history.

Looking forward to continuing to care for a car that's very well looked after even 20+yrs later.

I know alot of the first things to do should be preventative maintenance, so I will scoure the AU sub area of this forum or feel free to point me in the best direction.

Thanks again..
SlaminSam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-09-2021, 09:07 AM   #406
John B
Starter Motor

Can anybody show any info on how to fit an AU11 Factory Bullbar . I have the bar but I DONT SEE HOW THEY MOUNT ON as to mounting brackets ect. I was sold bar by a bloke that showed photos of bar on AU11 and he stated it just bolts on . I think the seller has not supplied the correct bar and or brackets . Please can some one assist thanks John B.
John B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-09-2021, 09:35 AM   #407
John B
Starter Motor

Yes I introduced myself twice yesterday but cant see it anywhere .I am John have fg 2014 eco lpi ,fg cab chassis ,bf11 wagon and AU11 Wagon I WAS A Beater, painter and mech old school falcons comfort and strength. Nice to meet you all.
John B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-09-2021, 10:50 AM   #408
lautista
Starter Motor

Default Returning to the fold

Hey all,

Just made a nice lockdown purchase - 75th anniversary Fairlane Ghia that was within the 5km zone

With all the chat around the EV future, I felt the time was right to return to the Ford V8 fold (previously owned EB2 XR8 five-speed and an AU 220 five-speed).

It's a cruiser, the family calls it 'The Barge' which fits, but looking forward to giving it some subtle upgrades over time and surprising some people!

Original owner kept a full log of dates, costs and parts among a full stamped service history - it's been really nicely cared for and I intend to keep it that way... mostly ;)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9248.jpg (125.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9249.jpg (141.0 KB, 15 views)

Previous:
XY Fairmont 250 (first car)
EB2 XR8
AU3 XR8 220
lautista is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2021, 11:33 AM   #409
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Default Re: Returning to the fold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lautista View Post
Hey all,

Just made a nice lockdown purchase - 75th anniversary Fairlane Ghia that was within the 5km zone

With all the chat around the EV future, I felt the time was right to return to the Ford V8 fold (previously owned EB2 XR8 five-speed and an AU 220 five-speed).

It's a cruiser, the family calls it 'The Barge' which fits, but looking forward to giving it some subtle upgrades over time and surprising some people!

Original owner kept a full log of dates, costs and parts among a full stamped service history - it's been really nicely cared for and I intend to keep it that way... mostly ;)
Nice pickup lautista. Looks to be a mighty fine example. Welcome back.

Cheers
Stu

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 18-09-2021, 01:12 PM   #410
lautista
Starter Motor

Cheers! Love your thread by the way - some inspiration!

Previous:
XY Fairmont 250 (first car)
EB2 XR8
AU3 XR8 220
lautista is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2021, 07:07 AM   #411
daddyduck
Starter Motor

Hi my name is Jeff and I own a au11 Fairmont with 80,500km on the clock.
daddyduck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2021, 06:56 PM   #412
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyduck View Post
Hi my name is Jeff and I own a au11 Fairmont with 80,500km on the clock.
Welcome Daddyduck.

That is some pretty low Ks for any AU. Well done.

I hope you enjoy the content on this site. There is a wealth of information and some pretty damn good people too.

Cheers
Stu

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 17-02-2022, 11:03 AM   #413
markb0811
Starter Motor

Hi all first time here, I have a AU II Ford xr6 done 145,000 Blue with a lid just wondering what there worth nowadays, I have been told there rare and at first look through carsales etc it seems thats true but does that equate to a higher price vs what the red book says?
markb0811 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2022, 12:16 PM   #414
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb0811 View Post
Hi all first time here, I have a AU II Ford xr6 done 145,000 Blue with a lid just wondering what there worth nowadays, I have been told there rare and at first look through carsales etc it seems thats true but does that equate to a higher price vs what the red book says?
So many factors come into it, options, general condition mechanically and the paints condition, auto or manual..........

Even then I wouldn't say they are "rare" or worth a lot. I've seen great condition low km manual ones selling for 10k and not so great ones for 3k.
Old 02-05-2022, 10:10 PM   #415
NTHRS
Starter Motor

Hi All,
My name is Len and I am in the process of buying my neighbours XR8 with TE50 body kit and 17" mags- only 4. How hard is it to get a 17" mag for a spare that isn't necessarily a Tickford one? Lots of info I have read on other stuff, looking forward to really getting into this car. I love in Townsville in NTH QLD. Cheers,
NTHRS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2022, 07:34 PM   #416
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTHRS View Post
Hi All,
My name is Len and I am in the process of buying my neighbours XR8 with TE50 body kit and 17" mags- only 4. How hard is it to get a 17" mag for a spare that isn't necessarily a Tickford one? Lots of info I have read on other stuff, looking forward to really getting into this car. I love in Townsville in NTH QLD. Cheers,
HI Len.

Welcome to the AU area of Ford Forums.

Finding 17" rims should not be too hard, depending on what rims you have and if you are looking for the same spare. The most difficult part will be just buying one. Most rims are sold in sets.

My suggestion is to get onto marketplace or gumtree and search for '17" ford rims'.

Good luck,
Stu

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 18-06-2022, 08:59 AM   #417
Dannyboyeee
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by auiiltd View Post
welcome dtee. What is your ride?

And the important question. How many aus do you own?
hows it i've got au sedan & a au xr8 ute soon to be owner of a xr6 au ute up the au's..nz
Dannyboyeee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2022, 10:55 AM   #418
LowNotSlow
Starter Motor

Hey everyone.
Got a 2001 AU2 XR8 sedan I want to get a few done to, mostly mechanical but also need to look at a repaint in the not too distant future.

Joined here for advice on good mechanics in Melbourne that can help with this, and treat the car with the respect it deserves.

I'm not rich, but am not looking for cheap options. I want things done right, and we'll.

Look forward to getting advice from peeps who know people and can refer.

Cheers,
Matt

Last edited by LowNotSlow; 14-10-2022 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Need to delete
LowNotSlow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2023, 09:33 PM   #419
jimmo
Starter Motor

G'day people's, just wondering if anyone knows where to find AU series build numbers, more specifically, when AU production ceased prior to BA being built. I have an AU3 Fairmont that was built in Aug 02 just before the BA release. It has door card stickers dated 22 Aug 02, which makes me think it must've been close to one of the last AU's built..
jimmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2023, 08:42 AM   #420
Papey
Starter Motor

Hello from Adelaide, thanks for the opportunity to join and hopefully learn.
I’ve been a Ford fan forever, having owned things like XC panel van, XA GT sedan, XD, XF’s and even a few MkII Cortina’s (showing my age, I know).
Currently, for the last 12-13 years, I have an AUIII sedan which honestly with all things considered, is the probably best overall car I’ve had. She’s been maintained ok in the past, nothing fanatical just normal stuff like oils, brakes etc., but the other stuff like the paint, headliner etc., has been neglected.
I’m very reluctant to part with it so, she’s about to be shown some love hence wanting to join up to gain some more knowledge.
Looking forward to your input while getting her back to where she deserves.

Cheers,
Papey
Papey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: