Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 08-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #61
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by curik
Now that you guys got the cars tinted makes me want to jump in as well. Do they tint the little section above the side mirrors? What about the rear little triangles (for 5 door owners)?
If they do the front area that is not part of the door (the "little section"), your car now has illegally applied tint.

Doubt anyone would have problems with it, but technically it is illegal.

Some prefer not to run the risk, others just don't GAF.
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #62
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta Girl
but its warrantied for life and reflects heat as well as UV.
Which almost all tints provide.

The "life" is determined by the "life" of the tinter and the company
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2009, 11:04 PM   #63
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by curik
Now that you guys got the cars tinted makes me want to jump in as well. Do they tint the little section above the side mirrors? What about the rear little triangles (for 5 door owners)?

Is $250 (Tint-a-car) a good price? Or can I expect to get around $200??
Yeah mate they tint all windows including front and back triangles.

The price you got is pretty good mate, I did get a quote for $400 and have seen quotes up and above $500 (Ford). I ended up seeing a mate that did it for me for $200. Very happy.
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2009, 11:23 AM   #64
WASP
Whipple Induced

Ours doesn't have tint on the front window triangle for roadworthy reasons (SA). I'm not sure if it's because our Fiesta is black or not, but it surprising doesn't look that odd at all for those that are concerned about it.