Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-10-2022, 09:33 AM   #1
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default police actions

not condoning police actions in fact I support our police in everything they have to go through.
However with the number of dingbats trying to attack our police physically, I would have thought shooting the buggas in the kneecap would be enough to hinder the naughty person actions until arrested rather than killing the sod.
Mind you take him out once he wont bother you again and I suppose the kneecap is a small thing to hit when someone is lunging at you..

thoughts...
Old 12-10-2022, 09:38 AM   #2
Trevor 57
is now there

Default Re: police actions

they are trained to go for the biggest body mass, trying to shoot a knee in a high stress situation just wouldn't work
Old 12-10-2022, 12:04 PM   #3
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe they could shoot him in the knee with a scoped rifle and he was standing still.
A guy running at you with a knife is a moving target. And if you miss the knee or leg then what, he's on you stabbing your throat.
Training is shoot centre mass, stop the threat.
Unless the officer was the member of a pistol club and regularly shot bulls eyes every week end and felt confident.
To my knowledge firearms training refreshers are only once every six months, some times once every 12 months.
Pretty hard to be a dead eye dick with minimal training.
Besides, if you're willing to charge at a cop with a knife in your hand, that's the price you pay unfortunately.
3 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2022, 04:43 PM   #4
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Police don't carry guns to injure. That's what pepper spray and tasers are for.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2022, 06:49 PM   #5
vixf6

Cops get spat on, threatened, abused, physically and verbally, hit with cars, and various other lovely things. If someone go’s a cop with a weapon, they should not be surprised to get a bullet in the chest and good on the cops for protecting themselves.

I thank god there are people willing to be cops
2016 R8 Clubsport Lsa sold for beer money
F6 sold AND SAD ABOUT IT
vixf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2022, 07:22 PM   #6
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
not condoning police actions in fact I support our police in everything they have to go through.
However with the number of dingbats trying to attack our police physically, I would have thought shooting the buggas in the kneecap would be enough to hinder the naughty person actions until arrested rather than killing the sod.
Mind you take him out once he wont bother you again and I suppose the kneecap is a small thing to hit when someone is lunging at you..

thoughts...
Do ya think?
Old 12-10-2022, 07:25 PM   #7
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

Dead people can't sue. At least, that's what I always put it down to.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-10-2022, 07:41 PM   #8
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
Dead people can't sue. At least, that's what I always put it down to.
Family can.
Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
Old 12-10-2022, 08:06 PM   #9
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks guys you made some good points.
Old 12-10-2022, 08:12 PM   #10
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

If the family is filthy rich, there's possibly an issue. Otherwise, and without first person representation, I reckon your honour will side with Mr Plod.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2022, 06:03 PM   #11
hayseed

There's far Too many self entitled Facebook Lawyers with Phones/Cameras out there, for the Cops to do what they used to do back in Our Day..!!
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2022, 06:52 PM   #12
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
There's far Too many self entitled Facebook Lawyers with Phones/Cameras out there, for the Cops to do what they used to do back in Our Day..!!
as long as you don't post on facebook..
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post