Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #11
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Default Re: WS Fiesta - Alternative Long Term Review

Amusing, isn't it?

Those making ignorant statements: "pinging isn't an issue" just "turn up those speakers" are the same ones who wikipedia and copy paste their arguements, when others actually go out and seek expert advice. I note that neither of the trio could actually find fault such a point: they just didn't like to be proven wrong. And there's no 'slagging' going on, healthy debate yes - on one side backed up by real mechanics from real workshops, the other from personal opinion and wikipedia etc....

Again, like I said: 95% of Fezs won't have a problem, but Ford's sales of the Fez (last month were half of the Mazda 2s and down on the same period last year) as well as their other models rely on Ford treating customers properly.

So whats the point? This thread is a warning to people who peruse such sites doing research before buying a car. As we all know Ford Aus does indeed monitor this site - it is also about keeping them accountable and making them (eventually) do the right thing. If a small number of die hard fans (one of which had several problems with his own DCT in his Fez) have an issue with faults being pointed out then that's their issue.

That said, I, even after this experience, clearly state that I too believe that 9 out of 10 Fezs will have no problem: no where do I make mention that only Ford make lemon cars. However, Ford's after sales service is the worst from any car company by some margin: the proof is in the pudding - if I were overexaggerating (or being oversensitive) then Dale Ford would be thriving. It isn't. The Fez would be outselling the Mazda 2 (as, in theory, it is a superior car for the same money). Again, it isn't (the 2 doubles the Fezs sales, and despite ongoing extensive advertising and cost cutting with the Thai built model, Fez sales are markedly down on the same period last year).

Ford must stop acting like the net doesn't exist and treat its customers like it actually wants their repeat business, otherwise thousands of Aussie jobs will be gone - Dale Ford will not be the last Sydney dealership to fold this year, I can assure you.

Last edited by Fiesta_Man69; 17-03-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post