Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-11-2017, 05:50 PM   #181
BlueBear
Shockwave

Default Re: Definitive AU1 to AU2/AU3 brake upgrade thread

I believe they were a twin piston and an even larger disk than the BA, though I can't remember the actual size.
It should fit up, but you will need at least 17" wheels.

Cheers.
BlueBear is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2017, 05:59 PM   #182
auxlr8

Thanks for the info mate. For them it's like looking for a needle in a haystack full of ford calipers. Anyone perhaps have a serial no or caliper model no or exact disc size I can pass onto them to help look. Would they have tickford or premium printed on them? Painted? Would seriously turn a massive job into an hours job with the same result

Cheers
auxlr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2017, 06:10 PM   #183
BlueBear
Shockwave

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...47/fbrake2.jpg

Taken from this thread. https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=5328384

Also check here. https://fordforums.com.au/showthread...premium+brakes
Painted red.

It also saays they are 329mm disks.

Please note I have never come across these, so my info is not to be taken as gospel.
Hopefully others with experience will be able to help out.

I reckon though, that if these wrecker guys didn't remove the disks and calipers they would be long gone.

Cheers,
BlueBear is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2017, 06:22 PM   #184
auxlr8

Thanks heaps for the help. He thinks he has them laying around so fingers crossed. You guys are like the Wikipedia of au falcon!
This user likes this post:
Old 08-11-2017, 07:39 PM   #185
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxlr8 View Post
Thanks heaps for the help. He thinks he has them laying around so fingers crossed. You guys are like the Wikipedia of au falcon!
The factory rotor size for premium brakes is 329mm but aftermarket ones are listed as 330mm. They use C4 calipers (twin piston) and have a "TICKFORD" logo on them. The actual size of the C4's are smaller than the calipers used on BA's but not sure if the piston sizes are different or the same. The pads are bigger on the BA calipers.
I think there is a bracket that goes between the upright and caliper to allow the caliper to move out for the bigger rotor. They used a bracket for the C4 calipers that mounted at the front of the wheel on Ser 2 & 3 .
Old 08-11-2017, 07:54 PM   #186
superroo
You can't stop the signal
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Yep premium brake uprights. Sought after but useless without the calipers.

Was C4 corvette calipers with the tickford symbol.
Discs were 329x25mm

Second best non brembo combination and is period correct

Last edited by superroo; 08-11-2017 at 08:02 PM.
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-11-2017, 07:11 AM   #187
auxlr8

Great news if the wreckers can still find them. I'll know more today but if not, finally got a set of the right parts now anyway

Thanks all
Old 09-11-2017, 12:46 PM   #188
auxlr8

So the guys at the wreckers remember taking the premium tickford calipers off and put them aside as originally I asked for ba calipers...They have been looking hard and come to the conclusion that the tickford calipers have been stolen as they didn't sell them and they are now gone.... That leaves me back to the original plan of the full series 3 conversion with 322mm carrier, discs and ba calipers...... unless.....anyone might know where I can get a set or tickford premium front calipers that face the rear as I've now got a spare pair of uprights that will fit them

Cheers
Old 09-11-2017, 07:28 PM   #189
auxlr8

If anyone wants ford premium brake uprights off a series 3 xr6 with the calipers facing rear, your welcome to them.... FREE. Happy to post at cost or welcome to come pick them up