Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-01-2018, 06:37 PM   #31
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Explorer being evaluated for RHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Why spend money developing these when they could have models direct from the factory?
If Ford US won’t send them here and FoA did it off their own back?
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-01-2018, 08:50 AM   #32
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've had a good look around these in the Philippines, haven't sat in one or been driven in one.

But, I'd be very interested in the Explorer, I love the looks and it's a 7-seater.

Our current Terri has been a great car and I'll be looking to replace it in around 2 years time, so a RHD Explorer would be very welcome - can just picture it now, sitting next to its little Pony brother!
Old 23-01-2018, 03:06 PM   #33
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One thing my sister with 4 children once said, a seven seater doesn't need to seat seven, it needs to seperate 4....
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 23-01-2018, 04:31 PM   #34
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
If Ford US won’t send them here and FoA did it off their own back?
All projects would need to get permission from Ford HQ, and a viable business case. Why would they approve it when they already have sportier models that could easily be made in RHD. There's not a lot of difference to the Bullitt or Performance Pack Level 2. Should be easy to build in RHD.

Ford Australia should be lobbying them harder to get these models here. Especially the PPL2 as it's wheels, tyres, suspension retune and a few aero bits. Nothing that should require new emissions testing etc.

But yes it's an interesting one. Are we asking for them and being knocked back or haven't we even asked? And why would they say no if we have asked?

Without knowing the specifics of it all then it's hard to know what the story is.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: