Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-03-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 
Default Victorian Governments New "Viral Ads" - Don't be d**khead

Whilst surfing around for some media topics for a uni assignment, I came across the following new 'viral ad's' directed at the youth of Victoria.

The ad's are already under scrutiny - the tag line is "Don't be a D**khead" which seems quite fitting for the issues that are currently appearing in the media. I'm not sure however, how successful they will be.

Take a look - some are quite humorous, but it's easy to see where they might upset a few people...

http://mumbrella.com.au/vicroads-say...-campaign-2178

SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2010, 09:23 PM   #2
Poidevin

It's funny as but I don't think it really works as a road safety ad. I could watch it just for a laugh but the message doesn't really sink in (and no I don't ever use my phone while in driving), I'm pretty sure if younger kids see it (bear in mind I'm only 19) I doubt they'll take it seriously.

Also why bashing p-platers? I see twice as many non p-platers using their phones while driving. People should know by now that you can't use your phone while driving.
Poidevin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #3
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

link doesnt work.??
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2010, 10:53 PM   #4
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

funny but at the same time it makes people laugh not more aware...
Just like all those lame smoking ads. "why smoke when all it does it cost you?" yeahhhh kids are really going to get the message that smoking is bad with that ad!

Makes me think of that marijuana ad on tv in the Harold and Kumar go to whitecastle movie haha
Old 30-03-2010, 11:04 PM   #5
Boosh Brus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
link doesnt work.??
Looks like the swear filter affects the hyperlink.
Boosh Brus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2010, 12:45 AM   #6
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

ROFL at the bloke with the pole through him, I like that one. And the one with the Prius in it, that's gold the way the guy's like "you belong in jail".

Oh, and I haven't got my wings yet, so obviously not enough people are using their mobiles when driving. Yes, I'm a ranga! :P
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2010, 03:59 PM   #7
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

No point teaching the kids not to use the word 'di**head', when the government does it.

Open slather on teachers, police, you and I,- I guess, ya di**heads:-)

Country, continues its downward journey.

At least forum holds a higher standard.....
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2010, 04:03 PM   #8
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Sad to think that an internet forum has a higher moral standpoint when it comes to acceptable language than the Government.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2010, 04:36 PM   #9
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosh Brus
Looks like the swear filter affects the hyperlink.
Heres a shortened link:

http://is.gd/b7CmM
block58 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2010, 04:38 PM   #10
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Just watched the ad from the above link. That is pathetic. Smashing up a computer for not obeying laws and the word **************** seems pretty lame.
Old 31-03-2010, 04:44 PM   #11
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have been telling members of geny not to be dheads for as long as I can remember, I never thought the govt would agree with me!

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #12
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

I have a family member who is labelled by her peers as 'emo'. She is currently on suicide watch. I can imagine even now her peers utilising this 'awareness campaign' to bully her. Who know's what detrimental/fatal affect this may have on her and on others like her.

I find this ad campaign disgraceful; it is now being reviewed by the Advertising Standards Bureau (ASB):

http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-new...0330-r9wx.html

I find this comment from this article interesting by the ASB:

Quote:
She said redheads and "emos" weren't strictly covered by the code, which says: "advertising or marketing communications shall not portray people or depict material in a way which discriminates against or vilifies a person or section of the community on account of race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, age."

"Redheads don't come under the code ... it's not one of the things that, technically, we would look at..."
I then noticed this reader comment on the article:

Quote:
Can the Advertising Standards Bureau please explain why is discrimination based on physical appearance would be acceptable under any circumstances? It certainly isn't acceptable in the Human Rights Commission
Interesting point of view.
Old 31-03-2010, 07:01 PM   #13
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

I thought the emo one was funny, but completely out of line because there are emos walking around everywhere - who are now being used as comedy by their own government. The same with redheads - poking fun at people based on their appearance is not acceptable. Particularly redheads because they were born with red hair, it's not as if they choose to be red, like emos choose to be emo.

The whole "d-ckhead" thing is a bit crude as well. Whoever managed this project should be given the sack. Or a promotion, since they've provoked people to start talking about the campaign!
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #14
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

I found this reader comment from the link i posted above rather ironic:

Quote:
As an aside, when I tried to submit a complaint on the Vicroads website today, it was initially rejected as "abusive" due to use of the word d*ckhead. How hypocritical can they be?
Old 31-03-2010, 09:17 PM   #15
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

This has to be a joke right?
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #16
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I dont see a problem with "dhead" being thrown around, its not like there is no swearing on TV anyway, watch some movies.

Dhead is a pretty low level cuss anyways.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post