Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-03-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Default Andrew Bogut puts hand up to help - 3AW this morning

Neil Mitchell had a really great interview with Andrew Bogut this morning, which had plenty of positives to it...
check out www.3aw.com.au (pretty sure you can stream/podcast it)...

Basically, he said that he'd love to assist in any way shape or form... Using his image and celebrity status to promote anything in the way of awareness, and also taking the heat off car enthusiasts...

I am a huge fan of NBA basketball, and in particular Bogut, but was unaware that he is an avid car enthusiast, and collector...
He realled off a few of the cars that he owns... and I was quite impressed...
(though how he manages to fit in them to drive them is another thing!)

He basically explained that it isn't very often car enthusiasts that are hoons... stating that the guys that spend $100,000 on a car are hardly going to be doing donuts at the end of the street... and it is the youth that are more commonly the problem when it comes to burnouts...

Just wondered if anyone else heard the interview and had any comments...
particularlly around what he could do to help...

And also your thoughts on the **************** campaign (not sure if the swear filter will get that)...

Old 30-03-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

The Swear Filter is certainly doing its job...
But you will obviously all know what word the ****** is supposed to be...
Old 30-03-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He's a good bloke Bogy, i was speaking to him a while back about cars, he's got a nice collection in the states..

Old 30-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #4
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

I heard the interview and agree with your comments Loftie.

I've been living in VIC for most of my life and certainly all of my driving life. I have no issues what so ever with road laws and how extreme they may be and nor should any other person that respects law and is disciplined.

Webber has come across as completely childish and seems to think that because of his status as an F1 driver, that he and all and sundry should have a leave pass? He was happy to mouth off without providing reasonable suggestions to solutions.

Bogut's response was far more appropriate and thought out. Sure there are short comings when it comes to certain laws, but that's life.

+1 Bogut

-1 Webber
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2010, 11:28 AM   #5
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
He's a good bloke Bogy, i was speaking to him a while back about cars, he's got a nice collection in the states..
Well most of them are heading over here apparently... he told Neil Mitchell he's just loaded about 8 cars onto a container to come here (60's and 70's American Muscle)...

And he's got a Pacer and an XT Falcon here... amongst others...

I hope that some sort of campaign can be raised using him... he is highly influential... and has a great following...

If he's a petrol head, and anti-hooning... I think that young people may listen to him...

I can see a drag strip, with 6-8 of his cars around the drag strip, and a fly-over style camera shot of bogut with his cars... proving that he is a petrol head with 'street cred' (ie: fast cars)...

and advising that this is the place to hoon... not the street... etc...

who knows - i'm no marketing guy, but if he wants to support it, I hope that the TAC or government can embrace it!!!!
Old 30-03-2010, 12:20 PM   #6
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great to see a person of his ability and stature putting his hand up for the real enthusiast and stating that there is a differance between an enthusiast and a hoon ( used loosly in his words )

I can't wait to see the outcome of this and hope to see a good result in the way the media look at young drivers and car enthusiast's in general

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #7
BOSHOG
avenge me

i watched the episode of "Aussies Abroad" with Bogut driving his Bently (i may be wrong)

he seems like a nice young bloke and is certainly Australias most successful basketball export, and hes having a great statistically year even if Milwakee is struggling. if he keeps growing at this rate he should be on the verge of being an all star next year

its always good to have high profile people supporting car enthusiasts
Old 30-03-2010, 12:41 PM   #8
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie

And also your thoughts on the **************** campaign (not sure if the swear filter will get that)...
Mark Webber's "nanny state" said it for me.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post