Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #31
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

looks nice but theres that question over whether its real or not... and if Ford cannot prove it then i guess the "real" surferoo is dead. Id pay 50K+ for a GTHO P3 replica. As this ute cannot be verified by the company that made it then i guess its not worth anything more than a GTHO replica.

Special vehicles order doesnt mean its the real deal either as noted by other readers.
Old 30-03-2010, 01:51 AM   #32
1970galaxie
Fat 460

I know for a fact, that there was at least one, maybe two over here in WA in the 70s.
One of them I had seen on several occasions, and the other one was owned once by a past member of our car club.
Ford did make some for public consumption.
2003 BA XR8 Ute. Blood Orange. 5.4/5 speed.
2006 Territory Turbo. Silhouette. 4.0/6 speed auto.
1970galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #33
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Maybe somone will have the Unique Cars article that was done a couple of years back...
because from memory - i thought that it was 'the car' and not a replica... (thought I could be wrong)...

they certainly did a shoddy job of marketting the car... he's burnt his sale... sometimes less is more...
I think the article was more of a brag and a 'look what i've got' instead of a factual story about the car...

interesting to read...
whether he's changed things, modified stickers and wheels, resprayed etc... what does it matter...

Has the value of the XA GT-HO gone down due to it being painted different colours, badges added and removed, and now restored??? I doubt it...
Old 30-03-2010, 12:22 PM   #34
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote V8
looks nice but theres that question over whether its real or not... and if Ford cannot prove it then i guess the "real" surferoo is dead. Id pay 50K+ for a GTHO P3 replica. As this ute cannot be verified by the company that made it then i guess its not worth anything more than a GTHO replica.

Special vehicles order doesnt mean its the real deal either as noted by other readers.
So what's with all of the thread mining?
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #35
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote V8
Special vehicles order doesn't mean its the real deal either as noted by other readers.
SVO code on the compliance plate represents a Special Vehicle Order

This infers that something different , non standard, happened to the car on the line

Unfortunately Ford does NOT keep records about what this could possibly be

Usually it represents a different, non run of the mill, spray job but could also mean a different gearbox, diff etc etc

Most cars I have seen with a SVO code on the compliance plate usually have a diff colour scheme for the car

For example, there was a Yellow Glow with Sunroof 351 ZD Fairlane on eBay around 6-8 mths ago and that had an SVO code on the compliance plate. Most probably for the colour I would theorise
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #36
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=79801

Previous Surferoo discussion...
Infact, the same article featured a while back...

Wasn't the original Surferoo an XW (and there was a panel van too)
Old 30-03-2010, 03:08 PM   #37
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Which also reminds me of the Surfsider Panelvans...
Has anyone seen one of these???
http://gallery.fordforums.com/showph...98/ppuser/4069
Old 30-03-2010, 05:20 PM   #38
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paull
So what's with all of the thread mining?
interested in the car would be a start..