Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 16-05-2018, 09:21 AM   #1
djwilkes
Starter Motor

Default WZ Fiesta grinding noise from front brakes

We have a 2015 WZ Fiesta Ecoboost S with Powershift auto. At 41,000 kms, the front brake pads started making a grinding noise during final retardation to stop at intersections etc. We had the pads replaced by a reputable brakes/steering operation, with Bendix GCT pads, with the discs machined etc. We were concerned that the grinding noise persisted, and the firm replaced the new pads with a different brand. The noise still persists, mostly when the pads have warmed up on a journey of more than 10 minutes or so. I have looked at UK forums, and this seems to be a common problem with small Fords, and one for which nobody there seems to have a definitive solution. Anyone out there with a Fiesta had similar problems with their car, and if so, have you managed to determine a solution that has eliminated the problem?
djwilkes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2018, 02:53 PM   #2
Lefty
Starter Motor

Default Re: WZ Fiesta grinding noise from front brakes

Maybe your rotors are wearing down and the edge of the rotors are coming into contact with the calipers when applying brakes?
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2018, 03:42 PM   #3
djwilkes
Starter Motor

The car has only done 41K since new, and the rotors only required a light skim to clean up for new pads. I don't think that would be the cause, but thanks for your input.
djwilkes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-05-2018, 03:45 PM   #4
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a similar noise in my WT, happened when turning. Machining the discs sorted that out.

Yours could be a bit different by the sounds of it..

A clean car brings a clean mind
fiestaz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post