Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 11:58 AM   #1
foxtrot
Blood, sweat & tears

Default Aimed at Mods.. or anyone who can help lol

Hi Guys

a member by the name of DrE .. he posted a thread about a month ago with some parts for sale

Ok.. we organised it all and i paid a whole $20 into his account.. he came back and confirmed it went through with the deposit number and everything and said he'd post out my EF cam the next day and it wouldn't take more than 3 days to get here

the guys had no online activity since.. he does have links to personal webpages on his fordforums username thingy... any chance you could track him down.. it's only $20 but I only earn traineeship wages..

sad sad sad

he gybbed me

I either want the cam.. or the $20 back! lol :P

Momo Gear Knob
Schmick Pioneer Headunit w/ Dolphinvision :
4 Channel Kicker Amp to decent speakers;
Alpine Monoblock to Pioneer Subwoofer;
Tuned to perfect clarity-

Outside:

Pure Sexy Falcon w/18" BA XR8 Factory Option Mags
Clear Side Indicators

Coming soon:
Pedders lowered Sports Ryders all 'round
Extractors/Exhaust/Hi-Flo Cat
Old 10-02-2006, 03:13 PM   #2
foxtrot
Blood, sweat & tears

come onnn helpp us out
Momo Gear Knob

Outside:

Clear Side Indicators

Coming soon:
Old 10-02-2006, 03:39 PM   #3
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

1) We are not here to jump at your request, when we log on we will action post and request accordingly, so to start with your 2nd post leaves me with no urgency to help you.

2) DRE has not been on the forums since the 19th January

3) Have you sent a PM or EMAIL to him?

4) it seems he is a member of http://www.fastfords.org so register there and see if you can track him down

5) A search of his posts indicates a phone number as listed here http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=10652

Its sad that a simple transaction can be screwed up, and hopefully there can be a resolution once contact is made.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:48 PM   #4
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot
Hi Guys

a member by the name of DrE .. he posted a thread about a month ago with some parts for sale

Ok.. we organised it all and i paid a whole $20 into his account.. he came back and confirmed it went through with the deposit number and everything and said he'd post out my EF cam the next day and it wouldn't take more than 3 days to get here

the guys had no online activity since.. he does have links to personal webpages on his fordforums username thingy... any chance you could track him down.. it's only $20 but I only earn traineeship wages..

sad sad sad

he gybbed me

I either want the cam.. or the $20 back! lol :P
Please be aware that ANY transaction you partake in from the forums is at your own risk. While everything can and will be done by admin and mods to assist, if the person does a runner and someone loses money there is almost nothing we can do about it.
We are not debt collectors nor are we responsible for any losses. You take that risk.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:48 PM   #5
foxtrot
Blood, sweat & tears

thanks for the help but the first comment wasn't necessary.. geese..you mods all need to take a chill pill

I will text him and see what happens
Momo Gear Knob

Outside:

Clear Side Indicators

Coming soon:
Old 10-02-2006, 03:49 PM   #6
foxtrot
Blood, sweat & tears

and yes i realise it was my risk.. was just asking for HELP and thanks to laminge i have a phone number.
Momo Gear Knob

Outside:

Clear Side Indicators

Coming soon:
Old 10-02-2006, 03:50 PM   #7
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

nice work Detective Laminge,, shame its only over $20 but goes to show some people can't be trusted

Old 10-02-2006, 03:51 PM   #8
Stampy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
1) We are not here to jump at your request, when we log on we will action post and request accordingly, so to start with your 2nd post leaves me with no urgency to help you.

2) DRE has not been on the forums since the 19th January

3) Have you sent a PM or EMAIL to him?

4) it seems he is a member of http://www.fastfords.org so register there and see if you can track him down

5) A search of his posts indicates a phone number as listed here http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=10652

Its sad that a simple transaction can be screwed up, and hopefully there can be a resolution once contact is made.
Laminge
I think you have gone way out of you way to give this much info

Foxtrot
Cut your losses, and be carfull next time

Alan

Old 10-02-2006, 03:53 PM   #9
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
and yes i realise it was my risk.. was just asking for HELP and thanks to laminge i have a phone number.
Then maybe you could use please and thankyou rather then prancing around expecting people to jump to your aid. Re-read your first post. Not one please, not one thankyou. It reads like a demand that we jump to your aid and get your $20 back.

Old 10-02-2006, 03:53 PM   #10
Stampy

Quote:
thanks for the help but the first comment wasn't necessary.. geese..you mods all need to take a chill pill

I will text him and see what happens

And why would you help someone with comments like this :

Old 10-02-2006, 03:58 PM   #11
foxtrot
Blood, sweat & tears

I didnt prance around nor demand anything and i appreciate the help. settle down. the 20 bucks would probably go towards a FF sticker anyway. I always use manners when speakin sorry I didn't when posting the thread
Momo Gear Knob

Outside:

Clear Side Indicators

Coming soon:
Old 10-02-2006, 04:09 PM   #12
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
I didnt prance around nor demand anything and i appreciate the help. settle down. the 20 bucks would probably go towards a FF sticker anyway. I always use manners when speakin sorry I didn't when posting the thread
chill pill, settle down?

Where the $20 is going is no business of mine, nor do I actually care. What I do see is someone with no manners who seems to think that "chill pill" and "settle down" is going to be a calming influence?
Laminge went out of his way for you.. as most admin/mods would have and you basically told him to stick it. By telling him his comment was unnecessary when he mentioned you were not exactly endearing yourself to be helped you basically just told him to get stuffed. The fact you used no manners and posted in the Pub rather than Site Support (I moved it), nor that you then posted a second time with "come onnn helpp us out" seems to have eluded you?

The transaction is your responsibility. If you left it a month and did nothing to follow it up then thats YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

Maybe next time you will understand. It doesnt take much to ask nicely nor to follow it up off your own bat. There is nothing Laminge did that you dont have the ability to do as a user.. except he actually did it instead of getting someone else to.

Closed Thread