Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 14-08-2014, 10:26 PM   #1
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 
Default Room names

Ok so I may just be picky here and I have been waiting for Ford to announce the model codes, but would it be possible to update the FG Falcon room and Territory room names?

So...
Change "FG and beyond" to "FG and FGX" or "FG to FGX" etc
Change "NEW Territory (2011)" to "SZ and SZII" etc
Change "Territory" to "SX to SYII" etc

Also (and this is likely an OCD issue) but the SX and SY Territory forum looks to be a parent room and then the SZ section is a sub room of that parent room. Whereas with the Falcon section there are no posts in the parent room and only the sub rooms are used for their various models. Could that be implemented for the Territory sections? So a new sub room added and all existing threads form the parent room moved to the new SX to SYII sub room. This is probably a big move for you to do though (remembering the "BA-BF" and "FG and beyond split").

The name change for the Territory rooms is only because there are few threads relating to the SZ Territory that don't get to that NEW Territory section, which isn't a big deal because they're similar, but the answer may be in that other room.

Anyway that's my thoughts!

This user likes this post:
Old 14-08-2014, 10:33 PM   #2
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 
Default Re: Room names

Good suggestions. Those areas are getting bigger so having them set up like that makes sense to me

What do you think Russ?

Cheers
Col
Old 15-08-2014, 05:06 AM   #3
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just a comment; but I have always found the "New Territory" forum to be a bit odd.
Its not a new car, and sadly there will never be a "New Territory".
There's probably more differences between a BA & BF2, than between an SX and SZ, and yet the B & A's SHARE a forum.
And I'm not just being a pedant. Many of the issues with the SZ are shared with the earlier models, so for the most part it would make sense to combine them. The only real exception is obviously the diesel, yet members still post diesel questions in the original Territory forum.
Old 15-08-2014, 08:40 AM   #4
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

I have implemented most of the changes suggested in the original post above.

Regards
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 15-08-2014, 11:01 PM   #5
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 

Cool, thanks Russell.
Old 23-08-2014, 03:09 PM   #6
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Russ, if you're back reading this.

The Territory section is now appearing as a header in the forum main page now. Whilst I like the Territory section I don't think it was your intention to elevate it above all the other forum segments.

Rob
Old 24-08-2014, 10:36 AM   #7
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Thanks Rob - it wasn't my intention and it is fixed now.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 24-08-2014, 11:41 PM   #8
OwnTheRoad
T Series Club AUST.

Would it be suitable for the ranger to get its own title ? Just as you have done for the Territory .
After all the current PX range is likely to be a sales class leader soon if not already.
Just a thought. Cheers Jase
Old 28-08-2014, 08:43 PM   #9
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Not a bad idea - I'll see what I can do over the coming weekend.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 29-08-2014, 11:50 PM   #10
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

I've moved the Ranger up a level, reshuffled the order a little, renamed the high level Passenger Cars to Ford Australia Vehicles and tidied up a couple of other bits that needed it.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 30-08-2014, 11:56 AM   #11
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great, looks good!
Old 09-09-2014, 06:12 PM   #12
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just another little bug that I imagine you can fix Russell.

In the Territory parent room there is still permission to post/start threads along with then accessing the SX-SYII and SZ sub rooms.

Not a major thing, but it means there are people starting threads in the parent room that aren't being seen because most people are jumping into straight into the relevent SX-SYII or SZ rooms.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:43 PM   #13
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple6 View Post

In the Territory parent room there is still permission to post/start threads along with then accessing the SX-SYII and SZ sub rooms.

Not a major thing, but it means there are people starting threads in the parent room that aren't being seen because most people are jumping into straight into the relevent SX-SYII or SZ rooms.

A simple fix which I have done.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 12-09-2014, 12:06 AM   #14
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple6 View Post

I've moved the threads that had been created in the parent room to the appropriate SX-SYII or SZ sub forum.