Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 29-01-2006, 03:18 PM   #31
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave XR8
Oh dear. Here we go again. Boss engine V Barra engine... simple as that.
HUH? How do you derive that? I would not recommend going down this path, it leads to the big EXIT sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave XR8
Using your logic, let's have a forum for all cars that have tyres. I see you drive a Typhoon... let's scrap your sub forum and group you under standard Falcons then too. Bit of a difference hey?
Personally I could not give a rat's ИИИИ either way. Other fora (LS1 for example) do not separate vehicles, others do. It is up to the admins and/or owners of the site as to what they do or do not do.

This just the internet, not life, death, taxes, family or anything else that is really important.

You seem to have a bit of an inferiority complex with your choice of vehicles. You should embrace your choice because YOU made it. XR8s are a very good model so what is your problem? Do you feel left out, unloved or unwanted?

You already have a sub forum for falcons that have tyres but they are relaxed about the tyre part and will allow falcons without tyres.

And in case you have ever wondered, the reason that the BARRA is so superior to the BOSS is that 6 can be divided evenly by 3 and therefore you have as many cylinders as the number of sides of two safety bananas. The BOSS is lost in the bermuda banana as it has a non bananaesqe cylinder count.

Concider this next time you cannot be seen.......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2006, 04:07 PM   #32
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Yep keep pushing amd nagging the admins, a bit of abuse and sarcasm works well too.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
Arrr go get some ethonol in ya. LOL. I know what your up to....
Hmmm, after looking back over this thread and re-reading his posts, it's all becoming a lot clearer now...
WILDTRAKPX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2006, 04:46 PM   #33
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

And in case you have ever wondered, the reason that the BARRA is so superior to the BOSS is that 6 can be divided evenly by 3 and therefore you have as many cylinders as the number of sides of two safety bananas. The BOSS is lost in the bermuda banana as it has a non bananaesqe cylinder count........
So how many magic mushroom have you eaten to come up with that paragraph...........

To be honest, when it come down to I don't start threads in the Falcon section I go to the FPV section. Reason, because if it is engine, drive train or performance related, I am seeking advice from people that have the same components as I do. I am not after the opinion of someone who had a similar problem in his Windsor or I6..... Essential the only difference in the drive-train between the GT and XR is the Hi comp pistons and more aggressive tune... Big deal.....

Oh correct me if I am wrong But the GT, GT-P and XR8 all share the same suspension spring and dampering rates

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2006, 04:58 PM   #34
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
True, but then all sunroofs are done at FPV so maybe any fairmont fitted with one should be in the FPV forum also.........
Theres a bit of difference between an engine being built by FPV and them cutting a hole in the roof.And last time I noticed a sunroof didn't add to the performance of the car.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 09:20 AM   #35
ssrevhead
BA XR8 + VN SS = Confused

As a new member i must say i would prefer it with FPV due to the drivetrain thingy but just stick it somewhere because it is very annoying.
ssrevhead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 01:14 PM   #36
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Quote:
So how many magic mushroom have you eaten to come up with that paragraph...........

To be honest, when it come down to I don't start threads in the Falcon section I go to the FPV section. Reason, because if it is engine, drive train or performance related, I am seeking advice from people that have the same components as I do. I am not after the opinion of someone who had a similar problem in his Windsor or I6..... Essential the only difference in the drive-train between the GT and XR is the Hi comp pistons and more aggressive tune... Big deal.....

Oh correct me if I am wrong But the GT, GT-P and XR8 all share the same suspension spring and dampering rates
I don't think it is a good idea to lump the XR's in with the FPV's I mean why buy a prestige vehicle if you are going to get lumped in with commoners... :P
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 02:22 PM   #37
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76
I don't think it is a good idea to lump the XR's in with the FPV's I mean why buy a prestige vehicle if you are going to get lumped in with commoners... :P
We will discuss this comment after my commoner car has whipped yours on the track. I think you need to get a shovel to get out of this poo girlie! I tell you, Gecko knows what you said and she is going to bite you next time you drive her!
Old 30-01-2006, 03:24 PM   #38
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8
We will discuss this comment after my commoner car has whipped yours on the track.
Imagination is a wonderful thing and is a prerequisite for a full and healthy life but it is important that you retain the ability to differentiate between fantasy and reality.........
Old 30-01-2006, 04:40 PM   #39
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Quote:
We will discuss this comment after my commoner car has whipped yours on the track. I think you need to get a shovel to get out of this poo girlie! I tell you, Gecko knows what you said and she is going to bite you next time you drive her!
Gecko has already tried to bite me once and it was only my exceptional driving ability that stopped her from kissing a huge concrete crash barrier! And as for your commoner car beating mine on the track - bring it on baby, I might even turn the air con off this time and really give you a run for your money.
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #40
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

damn tghere's a lot of thought being expended on a non issue
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 09:39 PM   #41
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Hey don't forget the 220KW 3-valve cars too. I know there arent too many around but they make some nice power and there is more (power) to come.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 09:52 PM   #42
Tri Power 289
Back in the Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Company Car
Hey don't forget the 220KW 3-valve cars too. I know there arent too many around but they make some nice power and there is more (power) to come.
Good on ya CC.

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist.
70 Mustang Mach1 351 4V/Shaker Auto

Previous forum rides:
XH Falcon Ute 4.0 Auto
BF XR8 5.4 Manual
'88 60 Series Landcruiser Turbo Diesel.
Komatsu 830E Haul Pac- 2500hp, 165tonnes.
AUIII XR6 HP: Prepared by Aussie Car Enhancements & Custom Tuned by Blue Power to a record setting 14.22@96mph.
BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V :Unfinished business.
Tri Power 289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 12:13 AM   #43
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Actully I only remember seing one GT and 2 XR up front, And a long way infront, mind you, at the last Morgan park race. And the next time Were out there, I do intend to push the pace of my ute alot fast then the last time we went out........ By the way if your remember the GT was the only car out there with track tyres on. And I still matched his times.... I have in my sights a 1.15 around Morgan park...... question is, Can I do it on street tyres....

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 31-01-2006, 12:15 AM   #44
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Imagination is a wonderful thing and is a prerequisite for a full and healthy life but it is important that you retain the ability to differentiate between fantasy and reality.........
I kick your sorry butt in a XR8 UTE didn't I.... And I WILL do it again...LOL

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 31-01-2006, 12:19 AM   #45
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

This is a crack up. Sorry to say it but for the majority of people who DONT have a BA XR8 or GT..... it really isnt as much of an issue as for those who do. Personally a Boss engine is a Boss engine.... 260 XR8 or 290 GT. Yes, I know the difference, I just dont see them as so different as to deserve a seperate forum. I mean, we all know they both come out of FPV anyhow right?

Whats the big deal with BA XR8 posting in the FPV area?

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 12:28 AM   #46
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
This is a crack up. Sorry to say it but for the majority of people who DONT have a BA XR8 or GT..... it really isnt as much of an issue as for those who do. Personally a Boss engine is a Boss engine.... 260 XR8 or 290 GT. Yes, I know the difference, I just dont see them as so different as to deserve a seperate forum. I mean, we all know they both come out of FPV anyhow right?

that my whole piont Casp.... But we have been told to stay out....We can comment but we arn't suppose to start threads in there that are XR related even though it would/could be related to GT.

OH, and it is fun stiring Flappist..... LOL

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 31-01-2006, 12:38 AM   #47
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Well, might be time for someone to do something like we did with aufalcon.com I think. 2 years ago we had no section and were confined (in the majority) to Falcon 6's and V8's. No Tickford, no AU, no anything. Rather than the Tseries guys looking down on the XR8 guys lookiing down on the XR6 guys looking down on the Fairmont guys looking down on the Fortes ad nausium.... we got it together, stopped playing "mines better then yours" and made a single forum for everyone.
From that we now have one of the most informative areas on the whole forum (same as Eseries) and I know that a LOT of BA people wander in for a look still... I see you in there.

Its not that hard people... put away the internal bickering, start something up and get it together. Soon enough the BF is going to get replaced and then the BA is going to be getting a bit older and will be yesterdays car (just like the AU is now).

Either way, its not my problem, I have been there, done that and aufalcon.com is now a hugely sucessful and self supporting area. Forte or TE50, no one bags anyone elses car... maybe you guys might want to think about it.

Old 31-01-2006, 08:09 PM   #48
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I knew it all came down to the EGO thing,that they didn't want the XR8 in with the FPV.When apart from the cosmetic changes the two cars are basically the same,using the same driveline componetry.It doesn't seem to worry the Typhoon people too much that the XR6 Turbo is in the same forum as theres.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 09:01 PM   #49
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

this is what we are talking about Casper click here

A bit unfair, me thinks.... And yet the moderator (rodderz) does not own a GT, infact his owns and drive a XR8 ute... just to clarifie... I am not saying this to have a dig at rodderz........

11.91 @ 117mph Vid

Last edited by jabba; 31-01-2006 at 09:09 PM.
Old 31-01-2006, 09:17 PM   #50
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well, might be time for someone to do something like we did with aufalcon.com I think. 2 years ago we had no section and were confined (in the majority) to Falcon 6's and V8's. No Tickford, no AU, no anything. Rather than the Tseries guys looking down on the XR8 guys lookiing down on the XR6 guys looking down on the Fairmont guys looking down on the Fortes ad nausium.... we got it together, stopped playing "mines better then yours" and made a single forum for everyone.
From that we now have one of the most informative areas on the whole forum (same as Eseries) and I know that a LOT of BA people wander in for a look still... I see you in there.

Its not that hard people... put away the internal bickering, start something up and get it together. Soon enough the BF is going to get replaced and then the BA is going to be getting a bit older and will be yesterdays car (just like the AU is now).

Either way, its not my problem, I have been there, done that and aufalcon.com is now a hugely sucessful and self supporting area. Forte or TE50, no one bags anyone elses car... maybe you guys might want to think about it.
Sounds good, but I doubt most of us would have time to set a forum up and then run it. I know I don't, and my wife is forever on my case about being on this forum, even though it is only a few hours a night... secondly, I like this forum(AFF) and I would rather be here, then elsewere........

By the way Casper, what happened to Flappist last post that I read this morning..... I had a killer of a reply for him. Just didn't have time to type it this morning......Also don't take our comment to each other the wrong way either, It's all tounge and cheek for a bit of fun, I also find it add's to the excitement of our club race days,,,,

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 31-01-2006, 09:19 PM   #51
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Not much I can really do about it, nor does it actually concern me (I am stepping out of this one) but, as I said, might be time someone took some action and started embracing all BA's from XT to GTP rather than segment themselves into cliches that try to stand alone.

Pretty boring going to a show and shine thats all GT's or all XR6T's or all XR8's..

Old 31-01-2006, 09:22 PM   #52
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Mine already has the runs on the board!
Old 31-01-2006, 09:23 PM   #53
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Sounds good, but I doubt most of us would have time to set a forum up and then run it. I know I don't, and my wife is forever on my case about being on this forum, even though it is only a few hours a night... secondly, I like this forum(AFF) and I would rather be here, then elsewere........
I have a wife, 4 kids, a full time job and other interests. Plus I spend most of my spare time on AFF anyhow. Yet I still had time to organise and build aufalcon.com... its not that hard. I found that almost everyone with an AU is willing to chip in and help any way they can.. I'd be suprised if BA owners couldnt band together as well. As for the forum.. AFF is the aufalcon.com forum... thats the point I'm trying to make.

Quote:
By the way Casper, what happened to Flappist last post that I read this morning..... I had a killer of a reply for him. Just didn't have time to type it this morning......And don't take our comment the wrong way either, It's all tounge and cheek for a bit of fun, I also find it add to the excitement of our club race days....
Was deleted by Flappists request it appears.

Old 31-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #54
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:

I agree 100%, lets just have a B series section like everyone else does (AU + E series etc) and accept the fact that we all love our cars equally. Hot XT, XR or FPV, who cares? They all wear the same badge!
Old 31-01-2006, 09:29 PM   #55
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
By the way Casper, what happened to Flappist last post that I read this morning..... I had a killer of a reply for him. Just didn't have time to type it this morning......Also don't take our comment to each other the wrong way either, It's all tounge and cheek for a bit of fun, I also find it add's to the excitement of our club race days,,,,
I removed it on his request

This is starting to get old.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 09:45 PM   #56
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My genuine enquiry was only intended to improve the forum as a whole, guage interest amongst BA/F XR8 owners and ultimately provide a pigeon hole for us. I had hoped it wouldn't get hijacked and I certainly didn't expect negative comments from people who are not XR8 owners, who don't have anything to gain or lose by this discussion.
Anyways I really hoped this would be a positive opportunity... let's leave this in the capable hands of our admin. Thanks for the opportunity guys.

Last edited by WILDTRAKPX2; 31-01-2006 at 09:50 PM.
WILDTRAKPX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 10:12 PM   #57
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Mine already has the runs on the board!
I have seen that ad on TV with the barina playing basketball so I suppose a XR8 playing cricket is probably something that somebody might like to do.
Most car owner tend to race them as a sport but then this is 2006 and we must celebrate diversity......