Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-06-2018, 06:46 AM   #661
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
I admit that is a very simplistic view and a bit idealistic but the point remains.
Don't worry, I think the same way but it can be construed differently by others.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2018, 11:03 AM   #662
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenl5l View Post
Your kids dont pay your pension YOU DO. Every worker in Australia pays 7.5% of gross pay into a pension fund. This is on top of your super. DONT believe the pollies they have redirected this money into general revenue
Agree with this 100%.

I am sick to death of pollies telling us we are stealing our kids future. Bullspoo, I've been paying tax for 40 years ffs.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2018, 12:31 PM   #663
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Your kids dont pay your pension YOU DO. Every worker in Australia pays 7.5% of gross pay into a pension fund. This is on top of your super. DONT believe the pollies they have redirected this money into general revenue
Next you'll be telling us you know what really happened to Harold Holt...

The National Welfare Fund was rolled into Consolidated Revenue in the 50s. It was a con from day one... the government campaigned on the basis of no taxes, they then created the welfare fund so they would technically be keeping their promise as the money was going to be going straight back to taxpayers in the form of social security. The reality was that only 12.5% of the money raised was directed to welfare, the rest was actually used to fund the war effort.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-06-2018, 02:24 PM   #664
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The reality is the government (Fed and State) have used all the taxes you have paid, and through mismanagement and pork barrelling payments to keep in government- have been running successive deficits - ie debt- that this country is responsible for.

It is a bit of a sophist argument to say that if you have paid taxes you will not be a burden when in future you go on pension. At that time- who is paying for the money that funds the pension- the taxpayers at that time- both individuals and corporations.

You can argue that you have paid taxes and therefore are entitled to a pension. But this misses the point- the pollies have squandered the taxes you have paid and have not safely allocated it away as an investment to fund your retirement on the pension.

That burden will fall to the people who are taxpayers when you draw down on a government pension. The same people who have huge HECS debts and have a mountain to climb to acquire property in the big cities, given property prices and the increasing trend towards part time employment outstripping full time employment.

And the national debt will keep getting bigger as the pollies will not do anything to annoy/alienate the vote of a growing sector of the voter base- ie the retirees pulling a pension on the tab of the then taxpayers.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 18-06-2018, 08:30 AM   #665
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I'm a wog

My cousins lived with their parents into their 30s until they got into their first houses in Melbourne - why would you rent and pay off someone elses mortgage if you can live at home with the folks?

Thats the way we do it.

Thats the way I'm going to do it

At the rate I'm going I'll probably inherit the parents house first to be honest
Mate that's what I admire about the Greeks and Italians - family is very important to them and most don't have a problem having 3 or more generations in the one place.
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 19-06-2018, 05:23 PM   #666
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet View Post
I don't care, I own my own house and owe nobody nothing.

I know lots of people in Perth who have bought investment properties there and are currently being burnt big time. Most of them thought they were buying a money tree, problem is there's no-one to water it.
I'm with you Mercury, the problem is everyone want to be a middle man these days. Sitting back at the café checking all their portfolio's barking orders at the staff no doubt.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2018, 05:23 PM   #667
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Median house price close to 7 figures - no one can afford so buy so buy out in the South Eastern suburbs and use the M1 Freeway to go to and from work - toll road:

1 hour 20 min delay Monday-Friday for a toll road while it takes 2+ hours to go to your house you can barely afford mortgage payments on in Dandenong only 30km away from work in Melbourne where your house gets broken into every second week by Africans - but it only cost $600K.

Or you might be one of the lucky ones and live where I do 62km from work in Melbourne where our highway is free and our houses only cost $450K!

Except we're all currently doing 0KM/H out of the 100 permitted.

#mostliveablecity

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 21-06-2018 at 05:34 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2018, 05:28 PM   #668
FairmontGS
WT WRC GT Line
Donating Member3

Quote:
Median house price close to 7 figures - no one can afford so buy so buy out in the South Eastern suburbs and use the M1 Freeway to go to and from work - toll road:

1 hour 20 min delay Monday-Friday for a toll road while it takes 2+ hours to go to your house you can barely afford mortgage payments on in Dandenong only 30km away from work in Melbourne where your house gets broken into every second week by Africans - but it only cost $600K.

#mostliveablecity
Yeah yeah yeah. Whinge excuse whinge excuse

And you're being racist!
FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2018, 05:33 PM   #669
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Yeah yeah yeah. Whinge excuse whinge excuse

And you're being racist!
Last time I checked the truth doesn't have to be nice!

Melbourne is overrated, is Adelaide taking refugees from Melbourne? I might apply!

You can buy houses over there for like $13

If enough of us wog sorts come over at least the coffee will improve

Could be worse - could be paying $1,250,000 for your 1 bedroom asbestos shack in Mt Druitt which for some reason is about half way to the moon from Sydney CBD but still 'Sydney'

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 21-06-2018 at 05:52 PM.
Old 21-06-2018, 06:18 PM   #670
FairmontGS
WT WRC GT Line
Donating Member3

Quote:
Could be worse - could be paying $1,250,000 for your 1 bedroom asbestos shack in Mt Druitt which for some reason is about half way to the moon from Sydney CBD but still 'Sydney'
Quality costs old son

Wot Chairman Keating said - "If you're not in Sydney you're camping out"
FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2018, 07:53 PM   #671
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

Why not just buy an entire town...

https://www.news.com.au/finance/real...1f280906684192
Old 21-06-2018, 09:16 PM   #672
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Quality costs old son

I'll happily camp out thanks...............
4 users like this post:
Old 24-06-2018, 12:03 PM   #673
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Geezuz I gota see this - surely not. Is there a link to this shack
chrisandsharon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-06-2018, 01:59 AM   #674
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisandsharon View Post
Geezuz I gota see this - surely not. Is there a link to this shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo

Pfft.
I just signed up for a $1.514million 2 bedroom apartment 16983km's from sydney. Its a socking commute!

JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-06-2018, 02:19 AM   #675
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpblue1000 View Post
Pfft.
I just signed up for a $1.514million 2 bedroom apartment 16983km's from sydney. Its a socking commute!

JP
What’s that got to do with Mt Druitt jp
Old 25-06-2018, 05:28 AM   #676
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisandsharon View Post
What’s that got to do with Mt Druitt jp
Nothing...but a joke, Mt druitt, expensive, like how far away from Sydney, high prices, context, location, location, locat...you think sydney is expensive...oh dont worry!

JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2018, 08:29 AM   #677
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpblue1000 View Post
Nothing...but a joke, Mt druitt, expensive, like how far away from Sydney, high prices, context, location, location, locat...you think sydney is expensive...oh dont worry!

JP
Watch ‘Housos’ jp - that’s Mt Druitt, let me know if the 1.514 million you spent is
in Sunnyvale 16000km away. I grew up in Western Sydney hence my post ‘surely not’.
I get the high prices etc etc, Sydney is not alone.....watch Housos.
Old 26-06-2018, 09:32 AM   #678
zipping
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.domain.com.au/news/nsw-b...h11kha-440629/

Sydney’s slowing property market is set to make a whopping dent in the state government’s coffers due to a massive reduction in stamp duty revenue.

The state stands to lose a total of $6 billion in revenue between last financial year and mid-2021, according to significantly revised stamp duty revenue figures in this year’s NSW budget, thanks to house prices coming off the boil in mid-2017.
zipping is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2018, 12:50 PM   #679
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipping View Post
https://www.domain.com.au/news/nsw-b...h11kha-440629/

Sydney’s slowing property market is set to make a whopping dent in the state government’s coffers due to a massive reduction in stamp duty revenue.

The state stands to lose a total of $6 billion in revenue between last financial year and mid-2021, according to significantly revised stamp duty revenue figures in this year’s NSW budget, thanks to house prices coming off the boil in mid-2017.
Sure but then they had a gain they didn't predict during the boom.

Also because the average house price has increased by around 40% in the last boom the stamp duty the government receives on every house sold is now 40% more than what it was 5 years ago.
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2018, 03:25 PM   #680
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
...Melbourne is overrated, is Adelaide taking refugees from Melbourne? I might apply!

You can buy houses over there for like $13

If enough of us wog sorts come over at least the coffee will improve
Let me know if this looks like happening so I can invest in concrete pillars and concrete lions...or just concrete I guess. Usual wog 'landscaping' supplies.

Seriously, I love Radelaide for cost of living and commuting (but then I no longer work in the CBD). We used to joke peak hour was when all 5 cars were on the road at once, but does seem to be noticeably busier these days the few times I need hit the city in peak hour (busy by Adelaide standards).
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-06-2018, 04:10 PM   #681
zipping
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

new private business investment is just 11.7 per cent of GDP, which is lower than the rate which prevailed during the economically hostile Whitlam years

Something to keep in mind
zipping is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2018, 07:07 PM   #682
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I like camping out then, I just came back from Sydney 20 minutes ago, it's a **** hole, I would not live there if they gave me a free house, and I am not even kidding about that, my quality of life is worth more than a free house in a rats nest.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2018, 07:45 PM   #683
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
I like camping out then, I just came back from Sydney 20 minutes ago, it's a **** hole, I would not live there if they gave me a free house, and I am not even kidding about that, my quality of life is worth more than a free house in a rats nest.
I'm living in a free house in Syd (for a little while) Ronald Macdonalds place
Old 05-07-2018, 08:43 PM   #684
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
I'm living in a free house in Syd (for a little while) Ronald Macdonalds place
Is that where I think you are talking?
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2018, 10:39 PM   #685
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Is that where I think you are talking?
Umm, yeah. Westmead, I'm here with my Granddaughter.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:45 PM   #686
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Umm, yeah. Westmead, I'm here with my Granddaughter.
So we are on the same page. It's good that you get some relief, Ronald doesn't invite just anybody to stay, but I'm sure the circumstance is still not the best. My son has spent many a night next door over the years.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-07-2018, 11:42 PM   #687
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hope all works out for you both, and give that Hamburglar a good kicking if you see him lurking around
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2018, 11:46 AM   #688
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
Let me know if this looks like happening so I can invest in concrete pillars and concrete lions...or just concrete I guess. Usual wog 'landscaping' supplies.

Seriously, I love Radelaide for cost of living and commuting (but then I no longer work in the CBD). We used to joke peak hour was when all 5 cars were on the road at once, but does seem to be noticeably busier these days the few times I need hit the city in peak hour (busy by Adelaide standards).
I had to do an emergency delivery for work to a customer in the SE Suburbs of Melbourne yesterday, I'm based inner Northern suburbs of Melbourne, we're within 5km of CBD.

It took me 55 minutes to drive about 22km to Moorabbin in the South East leaving at 2PM, on the way back I got stuck for 15 minutes doing 6km/h going from the Westgate Freeway to the Bolte Bridge onramp.

Seriously though me and a work colleague were looking at house prices around the Northern suburbs of Adelaide, what you can get for $350-$400K is nuts 3 and 4 bedroom houses with massive covered outdoor entertainment areas and its a 20-25 min drive to the Adelaide CBD.

I'm aware that may be Adelaide's Broadmeadows
2 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2018, 12:01 PM   #689
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Seriously though me and a work colleague were looking at house prices around the Northern suburbs of Adelaide, what you can get for $350-$400K is nuts 3 and 4 bedroom houses with massive covered outdoor entertainment areas and its a 20-25 min drive to the Adelaide CBD.

I'm aware that may be Adelaide's Broadmeadows
Shhh..theres nothing to see here
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2018, 01:25 PM   #690
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Give it a decade and you'll have toll roads and city stopping traffic jams