Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-06-2017, 11:02 PM   #421
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Fog/ ditch lights in a ba xr series why is it that ford in their infinite wisdom made it such a sea hunt of an exercise! That and their excessive use of scrivetts they must have got them friggen cheap!
Rant over.
Sar4890 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2017, 11:50 PM   #422
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
Why is it that you only ever see apple products, ie. phones, tablets, watches etc. being put up for sale on your local FB buy, swap and sell pages, and never or very rarely see an Android product? hmmmmmmmmm.........
Because anything Samsung will break before it can be re sold, I still have the original first generation iPad, works perfectly, use it every day, have done so for many many years, we also have a 18month old Samsun Tablet which no longer holds charge for more than 10 minutes.

I bought the iPhone 4 brand new been using it till the iPhone 7 came out recently so I finally decided to upgrade, my daughter now has the iPhone 4 and it's still working perfectly.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2017, 12:27 AM   #423
cat007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
Because anything Samsung will break before it can be re sold, I still have the original first generation iPad, works perfectly, use it every day, have done so for many many years, we also have a 18month old Samsun Tablet which no longer holds charge for more than 10 minutes.

I bought the iPhone 4 brand new been using it till the iPhone 7 came out recently so I finally decided to upgrade, my daughter now has the iPhone 4 and it's still working perfectly.
You're the odd one out. I still have a galaxy tab and it holds charge as good as I can remember. And at my old job, which I left a year ago, we were replacing iPhone 4 batteries left right and center because they were capping themselves. Not sure how yours lasted so long. What's you secret lol

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
cat007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2017, 11:01 AM   #424
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post

I take it you've never allowed any of the iPhone/iPad updates to install?

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2017, 04:22 PM   #425
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Why is it when a car in front of you believes you are too close to them they apply the brakes? That makes the two cars closer to each other! Instead they need to push the accelerator.
Why is it, that when I am sitting on the posted speed limit, be it 60, 80, 100, 110, there is always some fool who has 150% over-confidence in their reaction time / car capability, sitting 2 metres from my back bumper ?
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2017, 09:07 PM   #426
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra View Post
Why is it, that when I am sitting on the posted speed limit, be it 60, 80, 100, 110, there is always some fool who has 150% over-confidence in their reaction time / car capability, sitting 2 metres from my back bumper ?
I swear some people who tailgate honestly believe they are not tailgating. I have pointed this out to someone before who was driving close to a vehicle ahead and their response was something along the lines of, "I'm not THAT close, I can stop if I need to"
And no I wasn't being a dick towards the driver, I was pretty polite and causal about it.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2017, 09:39 PM   #427
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Why is it.... That Truck drivers are the worst tailgaters, and know they could never pull up 60 or more tonnes in an emergency braking situation!
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-06-2017, 09:52 PM   #428
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra View Post
Are you in the right lane when you are sitting on the limit?

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2017, 09:19 AM   #429
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump View Post
Are you in the right lane when you are sitting on the limit?
No, I am not in the right lane, I drive in the left lane, and as I live in the country, it is usually a single lane.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2017, 10:05 PM   #430
.:4:.
Kicking back

Why is it (now not all young people) some young people can't get their heads around the process and practice of driving a manual transmission. To be fair, my parents only ever owned autos and for personal cars it's auto for me, work cars, my boss is a cheapskate so they have always been manuals. Yes every clutch is different but it's not that hard to work it out. There are a few young guys at work who cannot get their head around the purpose of the third pedal. I cop stupid questions about why the car turns off when stopped and why it lurches forwards when trying to be restarted. Common sense denotes a car needs a certain minimum amount of revs to idle so push the damn clutch in and its not going to be a problem. It's basic life skills. I had one guy tell he just left my old van in second to drive around at 50 when doing my running around. That's pretty much red lining the crappy van. When asked did the thing scream like a banshee, the response was 'sounded fine'. Banned. No more drive my work car. I've been given an upgrade, still a manual, and the ban has not been lifted. Said apprenti (now fresh and terrible tradesman) has now had his job threatened due to his inability to drive what is a seemingly easy manual.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2017, 11:46 PM   #431
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Why is it (now not all young people) some young people can't get their heads around the process and practice of driving a manual transmission. To be fair, my parents only ever owned autos and for personal cars it's auto for me, work cars, my boss is a cheapskate so they have always been manuals. Yes every clutch is different but it's not that hard to work it out. There are a few young guys at work who cannot get their head around the purpose of the third pedal. I cop stupid questions about why the car turns off when stopped and why it lurches forwards when trying to be restarted. Common sense denotes a car needs a certain minimum amount of revs to idle so push the damn clutch in and its not going to be a problem. It's basic life skills. I had one guy tell he just left my old van in second to drive around at 50 when doing my running around. That's pretty much red lining the crappy van. When asked did the thing scream like a banshee, the response was 'sounded fine'. Banned. No more drive my work car. I've been given an upgrade, still a manual, and the ban has not been lifted. Said apprenti (now fresh and terrible tradesman) has now had his job threatened due to his inability to drive what is a seemingly easy manual.
Ask them if gunshots are loud. I wouldn't be surprised by their answer.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2017, 12:01 AM   #432
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Ask them if gunshots are loud. I wouldn't be surprised by their answer.
I'd take a punt and say they weren't heard because the current range of noise cancelling headphones do a really good job
Old 14-06-2017, 11:18 AM   #433
Seasoned One
Seasoned One

I want to know, why is it, or, more importantly , HOW is it my personal email is being constantly bombarded with scam emails? I'm old school, no face book, don't own a credit card (no,never) don't buy stuff online, don't sign in to anything 'Google' have all my privacy settings to the point I am constantly asked to turn on location services, or similar, in fact this forum is as outgoing as I get, and I receive 'origin energy' bills, 'beach solutions' bill, 'Permian landscapes and masonry' bills to name a few, all whom I obviously don't deal with or even know..... WHY IS THAT! I even use different emails for this reason..... buggers me
1967 xr Falcon ute 289
1966 xr Fairmont 289
Seasoned One is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2017, 11:50 AM   #434
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasoned One View Post
I want to know, why is it, or, more importantly , HOW is it my personal email is being constantly bombarded with scam emails? I'm old school, no face book, don't own a credit card (no,never) don't buy stuff online, don't sign in to anything 'Google' have all my privacy settings to the point I am constantly asked to turn on location services, or similar, in fact this forum is as outgoing as I get, and I receive 'origin energy' bills, 'beach solutions' bill, 'Permian landscapes and masonry' bills to name a few, all whom I obviously don't deal with or even know..... WHY IS THAT! I even use different emails for this reason..... buggers me
The scammers and mass online marketers use randomly generated email lists with email name combinations to send out 100's of thousands of emails everyday. It's a hit and miss shotgun method.
They work on the hope that just a very small percentage respond.
Once you respond, then you go onto their "live woodduck" list forever.

Some companies also sell their email customer lists to other marketing firms unfortunately.

It is best to use a "throw away" email addy when you go on line and sign up or join anything thesedays, like hotmail or a Gmail one.... Never give or use your main email address for these things.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2017, 05:59 PM   #435
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Why is it that American sitcoms always make the man look stupid and it his wife which is the intelligent one? Reverse sexism if you ask me.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2017, 07:58 PM   #436
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Why is it that American sitcoms always make the man look stupid and it his wife which is the intelligent one? Reverse sexism if you ask me.
LOL at typo, stupid man!!
Old 14-06-2017, 08:14 PM   #437
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
LOL at typo, stupid man!!
I'll allow it, probably auto correct. But traveling down the same path, having had to deal with endless hours of Bob the builder with the young bloke. Why is it Bob in the later episodes always made a meal of the job and Wendy always had to fix it?
Old 15-06-2017, 02:18 AM   #438
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Look at the modern TV advertisements. 9/10 men look like complete goofs, while it's always the woman/mum made out to be heroes and saviours. Blatant sexism, but it's only men, so who cares?
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2017, 10:37 AM   #439
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Look at the modern TV advertisements. 9/10 men look like complete goofs, while it's always the woman/mum made out to be heroes and saviours. Blatant sexism, but it's only men, so who cares?
This is where the libtards would like life to be one day:

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
Old 17-09-2017, 10:22 PM   #440
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Question Re: Why is it.................?

Why is it vegans refuse to eat animals because they say 'it is wrong to kill living things', yet these same people are all pro-abortion?

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
Old 18-09-2017, 06:21 PM   #441
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Why is it that a local council would pour so much time and resources, not to mention hundreds of millions of dollars, into a new "cultural hub" to draw in tourism at the expense of the people that actually live in said town.

This is a town with many drawcards already including a multimillion dollar sporting precinct, a world class (privately funded) motor museum not to mention a wide range of events that draw visitors from around the nation. And yet the pet project of select number of councillors and residents will consume money that could be used to make the town better for the people who live in the area and leave a better impression on the visitors drawn to the town by said events.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-09-2017, 06:38 PM   #442
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasoned One View Post
I want to know, why is it, or, more importantly , HOW is it my personal email is being constantly bombarded with scam emails?
Lots of reasons but more likely to be one of your own service providers selling you out after you signed up for something innocent, like a competition from a company that you're a customer of.

I have a monthly account with one a parking company and they always offer their customers the chance to win a phone/bbq/tv/whatever for FREE! Just enter here by supplying your email address and we'll contact you if you're the winner!
Why do you think they do that? Why would ANY company part with goods for free? To collect your email address and sell it. Take a read of the terms and conditions, it's usually listed there if it's an Australian-run one.

All it takes is for you to end up on one list and the person who bought your email can then sell it someone else who also wishes to spam you.

Sucks eh?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2017, 09:03 PM   #443
vixf6

Why is it a farmer, when confronted in his own home by a knife wielding theif, threatening him and his wife with said knife, is not allowed to pick up his legally owned gun and defend himself. Gun was unloaded and never even pointed at thief yet still police have seized his guns.
What a foul government and police force we have at times disgusting.
2016 R8 Clubsport Lsa sold for beer money
F6 sold AND SAD ABOUT IT
vixf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2017, 08:33 AM   #444
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixf6 View Post
Why is it a farmer, when confronted in his own home by a knife wielding theif, threatening him and his wife with said knife, is not allowed to pick up his legally owned gun and defend himself. Gun was unloaded and never even pointed at thief yet still police have seized his guns.

What a foul government and police force we have at times disgusting.

Why is it that the gun wasn't in a safe? That's what he will be in trouble for.
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2017, 08:50 AM   #445
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
Why is it that the gun wasn't in a safe? That's what he will be in trouble for.
I just had a quick google and found an article that says the farmer (who has a gun license) grabbed a gun from his gun safe and answered the door while holding it, after seeing someone at his door holding a knife.

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/4...e-at-his-home/

http://www.3aw.com.au/farmers-gun-li...nloaded-rifle/

Quote:
Mr Dunstan said police told him he is only able to arm himself once the intruder attempts to harm him first.
Doesn't that just sound like nonsense. If someone turned up at my door with a knife, that'd be enough for me to consider it an attempt of harm.

So the guy goes to stab you. Now that he's attempted to harm you, you can run to your safe, unlock it, grab your gun, load it, then shoot the guy. You might have some trouble aiming 'cause by then he'll be right behind you with his knife in your back. Now you're dying, but at least you tried to defend yourself legally.
4 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2017, 09:54 AM   #446
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

Yes, it does sound like nonsense.
solarite_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2017, 09:16 PM   #447
vixf6

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/4...e-at-his-home/

http://www.3aw.com.au/farmers-gun-li...nloaded-rifle/

So someone has to attempt to harm you before you can arm yourself? So 5 guys can break into your house with knives and weapons and say we won't attempt to harm you so everything is ok.
"By law you need to sit there and do nothing and are not able to arm yourself while we do this because we are not attempting to harm you. Just relax while we steal all your belongings and check on your sleeping daughter and wife and then steal your car. IF YOU DO ARM YOURSELF THE POLICE WILL PUNISH YOU"
Nice
2016 R8 Clubsport Lsa sold for beer money
F6 sold AND SAD ABOUT IT
vixf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2017, 09:38 PM   #448
leesa

Quote:
"By law you need to sit there and do nothing and are not able to arm yourself while we do this because we are not attempting to harm you.
Don't be silly. By law you can call triple-0 while you're looking at the 5 guys, who will still not attempt to harm you while you're trying to report them. Perhaps they'll even remove their masks for you so that you can relay a facial description over the phone to the police.

Quote:
Police did not want to comment on the development, but had earlier urged people to call Triple-0 during emergencies.
Old 19-09-2017, 10:03 PM   #449
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
So someone has to attempt to harm you before you can arm yourself? So 5 guys can break into your house with knives and weapons and say we won't attempt to harm you so everything is ok.
5 Guys ???
Old 19-09-2017, 11:02 PM   #450
leesa

... 1 cup?